PDA

View Full Version : sig forum

photosteve_2000
March 24, 2011, 13:09
Hello to ya all,
I just tried to join the Sig forum, and they won't allow any email address from Yahoo or hot mail. ???????

Do I have to set up another Email addy just to get in their little club or what?

I recently bought a 226 Elite and would like to learn more, and/or comment like I do here. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Steve

feersum dreadnaught
March 25, 2011, 12:42
yes, they limit membership to "real" e-mail addresses.

you can read all you want there, just need to join to post.

JHawk
March 25, 2011, 21:34
I own a few Sigs and have been to the site. Tried to join a few times - both with Yahoo and with my Gmail address. No can do. What's up with the "real" email addresses? I gave up and won't go back.

Burnout
April 14, 2011, 21:42
I tried to join a while back and couldn't even join with my home ".net "email address...I gave up. I don't know if they realize how many potential members can't join.

moses
April 16, 2011, 21:15
I used my AOL and you can get aol email addresses free now I think.

B Wood
April 17, 2011, 09:05
I have never been able to get aol or gmail addresses to work there.

one of the main reasons I don't go there much...no email notifications unless you have some no name email server.

Outlaw Patriot
April 19, 2011, 09:31
That site has a lot of good info, but the way it is run flat out sucks.

I tried to join a while ago, couldn't get any of my email addresses to work, so I got a hold of a moderator email and sent him a message detailing the problem. He said they have problems with automated spammers so they dont allow any email addresses that you dont have to pay for. I replied saying I really didnt feel like paying for an email address just to join the site, and since it was obvious I was a real person, and not a spammer, could he please make an exception in my case? He replied back with a nasty email saying they didnt want low class people that can't afford to pay for an email address, and that he would surely not help me join the site.

They also ban people for very silly reasons, like politely disagreeing with the moderators.

Like I said, there is a lot of god info there, but there is also a very strong clubhouse mentality, and a lot of the members are felatiating the egos of the owners/mods.

**** em. You can read all you want. It's their loss.

douglas
April 19, 2011, 11:37
Yep. I'm one of them low life's with just an yahoo mail account. I like the site and have gain alot of knowledge from lurking over there. It's their loss that they don't open it up for more of us low lifes.