PDA

View Full Version : Preban mag dumbness

MalcS
March 04, 2011, 13:25
My bro lives in upstate NY (NOT NY City), and just got a MSAR STG-556. Because of the NY ban, only preban mags > 10 rounds are allowed. Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) are selling 42 round preban AUG magazines.

My brother orders a couple of preban 42 round mags and anticipating dumbness, tells them that in the case that they won't ship to NY state (even though preban mags are perfectly legal), to ship to me in VA, where they are also perfectly legal.

He then gets the email (below)....(and then cancels order, buys one from somewhere else...in NY State)

They need a FFL for a perfectly legal preban magazine????
They need a FFL even if he ships it to me in VA? (What is the relevance of a NY FFL wrt a magazine shipped to VA?????)

Good grief....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Date: March 4, 2011 7:09:41 AM EST
To: My Bro
Subject: Re: Order 1879NNN

Hello,

It is our company policy to require an FFL for all magazine sales over 10 rounds in NY.

Please fax over your FFL to 845-679-5849

This is required even if you plan on shipping the magazine to VA.

Thank you,
GPC

Outlaw Patriot
March 08, 2011, 15:53
My $.02,

A straw purchase is only illegal or immoral if youre doing so to circumvent the law, if you're doing so to circumvent some company's policies, nothing wrong with it.

In short, ya lie, and have them ship to you since he is getting them as a gift for you.

Or ya did what ya did and just not give them your business if they want to make it that difficult.

Illurian00
March 08, 2011, 17:51
Bear in mind,,,GunPartsCorp is in NYS. It appears they are being way over the top.

randy762ak
March 18, 2011, 19:31
I just picked up an OE AUG mag at a NY gun show for $20 bucks -The guy told me he tried to sell them for $75 then $45 finally to get rid of it he sold it to me for $20.00 In NY [Upstate also] soon to escape to the free state of Va.

JasonB
April 02, 2011, 07:50
Originally posted by Outlaw Patriot

A straw purchase is only illegal or immoral if youre doing so to circumvent the law, if you're doing so to circumvent some company's policies, nothing wrong with it.

Illegal maybe, immoral no. And if the law is repugnant to a Constitutional amendment would it really even be illegal if everything was on the up and up instead of rigged as it is?