PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Shooting a CZ RAMI in 40 S&W?

Randall
March 01, 2011, 22:51
I've got a CZ 40B that I absolutely love. Its a bit big for carry though. The RAMI appears to be a smaller version of the same firearm. Might be a nice carry piece. What are your thoughts?

MAINER
March 02, 2011, 10:43
My thoughts are that I would want to try shooting one of them before buying. I haven't fired a RAMI, but I have a compact 9MM that requires a firm grip to control. There's not a lot of grip frame to hold onto and it would be worse if it was a .40 cal. I have fat paws and stubby pistol frames generally don't work for me.

A lot depends on the size and shape of the gun's frame and your own hands and grip. I tried a sub-compact 1911 in 45 acp that I nearly shot myself in the foot with, but a bit larger 1911 Colt Officers Model was fine in controllability. Still, I highly prefer Colt's Commander size in the 1911.

Try one first, if possible.

StarPD
March 11, 2011, 12:32
Bought my wife a CZ 2075 RAMI P for a carry gun, but it's a 9mm. Nice little gun, very compact and light, but very stiff to hand cycle. I leave it with a round in the chamber so she doesn't have to cycle it. I highly recommend it for men, or women with strong hands.

dwarmbrodt
March 11, 2011, 20:03
Whats nice is it takes full size 75 mags if desired.

Texasbubba
March 12, 2011, 17:00
The wife uses one for concealed carry, and she loves it. She started out with a Rami-P, but the polymer frame made it pretty hard to control. Unless you had a real firm grip on the pistol you would experience a lot of shooter induced malfunctions. The steel frame of the standard Rami adds enough weight to make it controllable. It's a bit harder to shoot than a full size CZ-75B, but the controls and ergonomics are the same. Together they make a nice combination.

DABTL
March 19, 2011, 08:56
I put the full sized mag with the handgrip spacer from another CZ on my Rami .40.

Loud, controllable and somewhat subdued size.

I still prefer the Para Carry6.

homelandprotector
March 19, 2011, 10:09
I had one and found the trigger slap to be real bad, I sold it.

Randall
March 22, 2011, 10:08
DABTL, Funny you mentioned a Para. A compact Para LDA is on my short list. I guess I should just go find one of each and sell off the one that I like the least.

The only compact guns that I currently own are 9x18s. While they are easily controlled, they aren't a good comparison for the .40S&W or .45 ACP.
Thanks guys.