PDA

View Full Version : Tarting up a CZ-52

lawdog
February 02, 2011, 15:59
Some of the older members here might remember Mark Powell's CZ-52 that he customized.

I would like to do something similar. I found replacement firing pins and extended slide stops/release levers.

The question I have now is what type of sights are best to have this pistol milled to accept. I recall that Novak Lo Mount were used by several folks that undertook CZ-52 projects.

What I don't know is for what type of pistol should I buy the Novak sights. Hi-power? 1911? S&W? Or is there no difference that I should be worried about since the CZ-52 is going to have to be milled to accept any of them?

Besides swapping firing pins, adding an extended slide release, and putting on decent sights, what else can any of you suggest that is desireable to make this pistol a little better?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

warden
February 02, 2011, 18:58
Not to hijack,

I thought of Mark as a personal friend. I remember that CZ well. I also remember how Mark and clark(I thimk) used to argue about CZ52s. I have like 52 saved messages here, most are from Mark. Here is a toast to Us.

I never could figure out why Mark would want to pimp a 52. I had several and some were almost mint. I love the cartridge but the 52 grip was too short for me. Never could fall in love with it.

Keep that puppy alive and make it happen.
warden

bykerhd
February 02, 2011, 22:47
I think Makarov.com was pretty much THE source for CZ-52 information and aftermarket parts back in the days Mark was playing with them.
The site is still there but is apparently information only now.

Lots of information over on GunBoards.com usually also.
Good luck with your project.

trh53
February 06, 2011, 12:01
I've seen some nice custom grips for the CZ- 52 if you are looking for other ideas.

homelandprotector
February 06, 2011, 13:28
The best thing you can do >> http://www.harringtonproducts.com/firing-pins/

The comp firing pin puts the trigger at around 3 lbs., new barrel improved accuracy to 3" groups at 15 yds.

I put a spankin new barrel and hardened rollers in mine >> http://www.harringtonproducts.com/rollers/

It's now one of my favorite guns, like a semi auto 357., hollow points moving 1500 fps.....I sure wouldn't want to get hit by one.

Bought mine way back when you could pick them up for $150. with holster & extra mag.

lawdog
February 08, 2011, 14:18
Thanks very much for the replies everyone. I did call Novak directly. They said that when they put their sights on customer's CZ-52s, they have found that the combination that works for them is to use a SIG rear sight and a 1911 front sight.

I really like the sloping angles and rounded edges of Novak rear sights.

If I choose to do it using other than Novak sights, I think I have a set of Baby Eagle rear night sights floating around. Don't know why I bought them, but they were just too damn cheap to pass up when CDNN had them on sale a number of years ago. Hopefully, there's still some glow to them.

Wildcat
February 09, 2011, 22:17
Which sig sight? Are they all the same.

As far as SIG factory sights are concerned, they are not all the same height. They are stamped with numbers to indicate certain heights. You may have to swap a few to get it calibrated.

bykerhd
February 10, 2011, 23:56
Check CDNN. They've had some very decent prices for SIG sights.
And, I see they are offering a couple bucks less on shipping for this month too.:wink: