PDA

View Full Version : Send my saddle home

martin35
January 30, 2011, 17:42
I've lost respect for the moderators of these forums and they for the rights we have enjoyed until recently,,, the membership has just gone down by one,,, adios and hasty banana.
Be well.
Semper Fi

WJ-Polish Guy
January 30, 2011, 17:57
I will miss you old man. Hope you reconsider, who cares bout moderators anyway

GW870
January 30, 2011, 18:02
I,for one,hope you'll reconsider.
I kinda' think us old farts are useful around here.
You've contributed too much to throw up your hands
because of a few buttholes. It's still a good site - help us keep
it that way.

GW

RG Coburn
January 30, 2011, 18:28
Please re-consider Martin. You are one of my favorite posters. The loss would be quite profound.

Brett
January 30, 2011, 18:44
There are only a handful of people here I pay attention to. The falfiles just died.

Sig220
January 30, 2011, 20:45
I would like to see you hang in there as well. But if you want to go somewhere I will send you a PM.

357ross
January 30, 2011, 20:55
Please reconsider.

Brush511
January 30, 2011, 21:59
Sorry to see you leave. I will miss your wit and wisdom.

Via Con Dios

hagar
January 30, 2011, 22:54
We have enough of us old farts dying off, no reason to leave for any other reason. Don't take things so seriously, for every jerk that upsets you, there are a 1000 great members that hang out here.

Still the best firearms board on the web.. :bow:

Arby
January 30, 2011, 23:04
Originally posted by GW870
I,for one,hope you'll reconsider.

I second that. Or third it, or fiftieth it. Wherever I stand in line on this subject. I know there are a bunch of us that would hate to see you go.

bykerhd
January 31, 2011, 00:24
I too wish you would reconsider martin35.

But, as things were going before the "crackdown", I was losing interest in the Files.
It seemed like the ratio of interesting topics to B.S. name-calling/mud slinging and worse was getting about 1 to 10. About any discussion about almost anything got dragged down in to the gutter in short order.
Much more of that and I would have been gone. It was getting old & boring.
Not like the old days when we actually use to talk about guns and interesting stuff and sometimes even laugh at W.E.G.'s farting in the elevator stories.

I've always considered you one of the saner souls around here martin35.
Even when we didn't see eye to eye.
Please don't burn any bridges. People like you are needed around here.

Illurian00
January 31, 2011, 02:08
In any organisation, military, business, civic, and even the conduct of a website it always comes down to one thing ,,,LEADERSHIP. It's either there, or it ain't.

Sampson1986
January 31, 2011, 16:01
Adios, amigo. :whiskey:

Hope ya come back one day.

FAL freek
January 31, 2011, 21:39
Those who fall on their own sword for a cause they believe in never see if their efforts were worth the sacrifice.

But if you do decide to go that route, God be with you.

:whiskey:

gunplumber
February 01, 2011, 12:47
I'm all for supporting people in their endeavors, so goodbye. You can close the door behind you.

And any kid who says I'm gonna hold my breath 'till my face turn blue - I say "no - please wait - don't .. . not until I can get my camera!"

If you want to leave, then just leave! This isn't drama class.

And while you're gone, look up "right" and compare it to "privilege".

You have no rights here, you never have, and you never will. You have privileges granted by she who shall not be named and if the price of those privileges isn't worth it to you (your "civility is oppression!" line) then by all means seek greener pastures.

I enjoy reading your posts but I find the "oh the horror, the horror" a little pathetic.

chromestarhustler
February 02, 2011, 03:24
the above douche and the attitude of the likes of his kind are also why i fail to post here any more, martin i hope you got your invite to our private little group

gunplumber
February 02, 2011, 07:38
Originally posted by chromestarhustler
the above douche and the attitude of the likes of his kind

Calling me a douche because I agree with and support the OPs decision to leave? This is the kind of of gratuitous name-calling that has caused the Files to sink so low, and the very motivation for the administration to make the rules martin finds so untenable.

starbuck
February 02, 2011, 08:17
no its you. everybody knows it.

Hollis Wood
February 02, 2011, 08:48
Sometimes it is best to just not reply than to stir up needless animosity.

What is the point to it really?

gunplumber
February 02, 2011, 08:52
Originally posted by Hollis Wood
Sometimes it is best to just not reply than to stir up needless animosity.

What is the point to it really?

Yes, I agree, there was no reason for the dramatic "I'm leaving" of the OP's post (and cross-post).

starbuck
February 02, 2011, 09:02
Well in the past two years he's trolled more than anything else just like dabs did before his hiatus. He trolls people for spelling mistakes. whats up with that? The problem is all his "contributions" to the files were when he was making money off the site. Now his revenue is down, he doesn't do much but troll. I wish I could find a picture of the 50 seiries he buba'd for money, that tells the story.

gunplumber
February 02, 2011, 09:20
Originally posted by starbuck
Well in the past two years he's trolled more than anything else just like dabs did before his hiatus. He trolls people for spelling mistakes. whats up with that? The problem is all his "contributions" to the files were when he was making money off the site. Now his revenue is down, he doesn't do much but troll. I wish I could find a picture of the 50 seiries he buba'd for money, that tells the story.

You are lying. Six lies in 6 sentences. You really are pathetic.

Why am I not surprised?

One would think if I'm such bad guy it would be easy to find something true to post in your attempt to discredit me. That you can't, and instead resort to lies, just goes to show what a lowlife you are.

Now to stay with FaLFiles tradition, your lies will be ignored, and I'll be censured for observing that you are a lowlife for making them.

Sig220
February 02, 2011, 09:50
Originally posted by gunplumber

You are lying. Six lies in 6 sentences. You really are pathetic.

Why am I not surprised?

One would think if I'm such bad guy it would be easy to find something true to post in your attempt to discredit me. That you can't, and instead resort to lies, just goes to show what a lowlife you are.

Now to stay with FaLFiles tradition, your lies will be ignored, and I'll be censured for observing that you are a lowlife for making them.

So why are YOU still here if you are so UNHAPPY? You really don't expect readers to see you as the sad victim, do you?

Is it because you are a gunsmith? I don't think so, I know of a bunch of gunsmith and they are never in the middle of controversy on the FILES like you are.

starbuck
February 02, 2011, 10:02
So was that gun with the chopped barrel and dual welded stg flash hiders GPs or not. I'm pretty sure he claimed it in a post and I remember him talking about how you don't turn away business. If he was posting in sarcasm about the rifle I retract but how am I to know?

gunplumber
February 02, 2011, 10:06
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sig220
So why are YOU still here if you are so UNHAPPY?

Who said I was unhappy? I just recognize that there are a very small number of members who are dishonest. They are such cockroaches, that they make up lies in a feeble attempt to drag their betters down to their own squalid level. It is the nature of any large group that these scumbags will exist. So Starbuck posts lies, I slap him down, and go on with my business.

There are others with whom I rarely agree but who are good people that I respect.

Is it because you are a gunsmith? I don't think so, I know of a bunch of gunsmith and they are never in the middle of controversy on the FILES like you are.

I enjoy controversy. What I do for a living is irrelevant. Well - if the controversy is about a gunsmithing technique, then my vast knowledge and experience, particularly with FALs, is probably relevant from a credibility standpoint.

How boring it would be if everyone agreed. Controversy helps synthesize views and can educate, persuade, or inform. Unfortunately, there are some who were brought up that all disagreement is bad.

I believe that the only "controversy" that is bad, is that based on lies, like starbuck has used here to libel me.

gunplumber
February 02, 2011, 10:15
Originally posted by starbuck
So was that gun with the chopped barrel and dual welded stg flash hiders GPs or not. I'm pretty sure he claimed it in a post and I remember him talking about how you don't turn away business. If he was posting in sarcasm about the rifle I retract but how am I to know?

So you retract one of your six lies?

A correct statement would be

"GP's customer asked him to modify a gun, and GP did as the customer asked, to the customer's satisfaction. Starbuck thinks the gun should have been left alone and Starbuck's opinion of the "value" of the gun in it's original configuration should outweigh that of the owner."

If the customer wants me to paint a 50:63 pink, that is the customer's business, not yours.

"Bubba'd" is a slur against the quality of my work. My 20 years of business and thousands of "wowed" customers shows that a lie.

W.E.G.
February 02, 2011, 10:35
I believe this is the SECOND time this thread has gone way off topic.

Take this other nonsense somewhere else.