PDA

View Full Version : Code of Conduct - Rules for Posting

martin35
January 30, 2011, 15:33
Code of Conduct - Rules for Posting
Most of this ruling is not to my liking nor in keeping with the American tradition of free speech.
In my opinion the rulings goal is only to make moderating easier.
If these forums want a oppressive "civility" they should ban me, because a required reverence is not in me come what may.

JM
January 30, 2011, 15:49
Yea--I agree with Martin--take away the name calling , the anger, and the laughter at the name calling and anger---all that is left will become mundane and boring. Self expression can be insulting and demeaning but we Americans can handle it. Besides-- untill a fist or bullet has the ability to project thru the computer screen we are all relatively safe!

martin35
January 30, 2011, 16:03
Manly banter was always a survival tactic in my professions, giving as good as gotten, being less a man happens to us all but never willingly.

juanni
January 30, 2011, 16:21
Agreed!

Without the name calling, references to homosexuality, irrelevent photoshopped images,, etc ...... how will we be able to quickly spot the dimwitted who lack any depth of knowledge or real debating skills?

................juanni

Sampson1986
January 30, 2011, 16:26
Originally posted by martin35
Code of Conduct - Rules for Posting
Most of this ruling is not to my liking nor in keeping with the American tradition of free speech.
In my opinion the rulings goal is only to make moderating easier.
If these forums want a oppressive "civility" they should ban me, because a required reverence is not in me come what may.

Free speech doesn't apply to private property.

Jen's board - Jen's rules.

If you don't like it, you could try to stage a coup - you'd probably fail, though. :biggrin:

juanni
January 30, 2011, 16:39
Originally posted by Sampson1986

Jen's board - Jen's rules.

If you don't like it, you could try to stage a coup - you'd probably fail, though. :biggrin:

Martin didn't say "apply".
But his word selection was very well applied.

.................juanni

D P Six
January 30, 2011, 16:45
We are being conditioned for when the government internet kill switch is exercised.

martin35
January 30, 2011, 17:08
And rightly so,, the yacht club can also specify how big a yacht and luxurious it must be to belong,,, but one yacht don't make a club.
And then I recall the saying that said "any club that would have me as a member is not worth joining",,,, but I am joined with all my incivility that is now offended by a newly defined rule that limits my interests.
As a new member I was given a warning on a early post I made, that warning seeminglg sufficed for almost 10 years, the road narrows and my vehicle may not stay between the fence rows if it becomes a foot path,,,, I always thought of my self as a 18 wheeler that required 40 acres to turn around in,,, damn the rut's.
Being diminshed to a wheel barrow or a tricycle seems demeaning when spit and argue "don't get none onya" is what you are about.

rowjimmy
January 30, 2011, 19:39
Originally posted by D P Six
We are being conditioned for when the government internet kill switch is exercised.

I miss the conspiracy files....

Topbanana
January 30, 2011, 19:57
I have a suggestion: We do need a forum for off-topic topics (not read the same as off-topic/verboten in the code of conduct).

I mean a place where we can post cool vids, jokes, drinking threads, and other light hearted things. Things that are fun to share but don't belong in non-firearms discussion.

We need to nip flame wars in the bud where we see fit, but I will point out they are the part of most any forum. They've been happening upstairs since the closing of DB or whenever Dabble posts. :uhoh:

W.E.G.
January 30, 2011, 20:02
Originally posted by Topbanana
I have a suggestion: We do need a forum for off-topic topics (not read the same as off-topic/verboten in the code of conduct).

That would be General Non-Firearms discussion.

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 09:41
So let me get this straight - you are leaving the Files (other thread) because members are no longer permitted to be vile, lewd, or profane or to make up lies about other members (we'll see if that one gets enforced).

And this has you so upset you are "sending your saddle home".

Good. Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Anyone else who plays the "I can't swear like a sailor anymore so I'm leaving" or "I can't post the most vile homoerotic insults anymore so I'm leaving" can join you.

Geez.

The Fal Files just might regain some of the respectability it had when Jen bought it from the previous owner (another customer of mine - I built the rifle in the FalFiles Logo).

It might even become the resource it once was for FALs.

I'd say "shouldn't be any language here one wouldn't use with their mother" but given the value some seem to place on vulgarity, I don't know what that would entail.

What is incredulous to me, anyway, is not that the management has finally decided to return this board to respectability, but that they ever allowed it to sink as low as it has. If a post would not pass normal standards for print media - like the Wall Street Journal - it shouldn't be posted here. And if that is so devastating, those who feel so wronged by it can start "FALsandObscenities.Com".

Hopefully the same scrubbing and disinfectant will be used over at the AK files.

starbuck
January 31, 2011, 10:12
hall monitors are the ghey. Continue your circle jerk.

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 12:23
Originally posted by gunplumber
So let me get this straight - you are leaving the Files (other thread) because members are no longer permitted to be vile, lewd, or profane or to make up lies about other members (we'll see if that one gets enforced).

And this has you so upset you are "sending your saddle home".

Good. Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Anyone else who plays the "I can't swear like a sailor anymore so I'm leaving" or "I can't post the most vile homoerotic insults anymore so I'm leaving" can join you.

Geez.

The Fal Files just might regain some of the respectability it had when Jen bought it from the previous owner (another customer of mine - I built the rifle in the FalFiles Logo).

It might even become the resource it once was for FALs.

I'd say "shouldn't be any language here one wouldn't use with their mother" but given the value some seem to place on vulgarity, I don't know what that would entail.

What is incredulous to me, anyway, is not that the management has finally decided to return this board to respectability, but that they ever allowed it to sink as low as it has. If a post would not pass normal standards for print media - like the Wall Street Journal - it shouldn't be posted here. And if that is so devastating, those who feel so wronged by it can start "FALsandObscenities.Com".

Hopefully the same scrubbing and disinfectant will be used over at the AK files.

That ought to go a ways to show why you are not a moderator.

Show/link or whatever to the first post where Martin35 used "vile, lewd, or profane or to make up lies about other members".

You can't......:uhoh: So that kind of throws you whole post out the window.

I have seen YOU use some of the most vile, lewd or profane language on the board. BTW, I am not claiming to be lilly white in this deal I have used some language I an not proud of as well.

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 12:43
You should go back and read my post.

Or not. It is typical of people who do not read what I actually wrote, to decide I said something I didn't, and then go off on a tirade over it.

I did not mention martin35 with respect to vulgarity.

He is not pleased with the new rules, which are focused on pulling the files out of the gutter.

Nor did I say "you" in the context of vulgarity. In fact, I made sure to use "one" in an attempt to help those with poor reading comprehension to avoid the mistakes you have made. I guess I failed.

I find martin35's posts to be well written, even if I disagree with him. The education he shows in his posts makes them a pleasure to read.

But he is the one who ties "civility" to "oppression". Not me.

As to my own use of vulgarity, a careful reading by anyone with basic reading comprehension will reveal there is nothing arbitrary or random about it. I choose my words carefully.

"Go f-ck yourself, troll" is supposed to draw attention to the trolling. I have no duty to be polite to those who troll me, harass me, and make up lies about me and post with the full approval of the moderators (and often by certain people who are or have been moderators).

So while it isn't just about me, my personal use of foul language was to bring attention to the cause. Apparently, it has been perfectly ok for people to post blatant libel about me, but if I tell them to "F-ck off", then I'm a bad guy. I have never initiated vulgarity. I have too much love of fine prose for that. It appears that some use vulgarity as so much a part of their daily lives, that my attempt to insert it for shock or emphasis or illumination is a failure. I was brought up differently. Oh well.

The new rules now say not to "respond in kind". That will only work if the moderators do their job and deal with the trolls who are posting such filth. To date, that doesn't happen. Instead, there seems to be a lot of "blame the victim" recently.

And I'd be a heck of a good moderator. Because I am fair-minded, consistent, objective, and most of all, I don't give a hoot about popularity. Its been obvious over the past few years that certain moderators care more about the opinions of their beer-swilling brethren then about doing their jobs in an equitable manner.

I base (or at least try to base) my actions on an objective standard. Not something so base as trying to curry favor with someone 'cause "they're fun to hang out with." Which is why even my detractors can't find a single instance where I posted something that was not true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. And in the extremely rare instance where I am wrong, I acknowledge it and thank whoever educated me.

So I am an asshole who is usually right. Much better than being popular and wrong. Popularity is fickle.

Mebsuta
January 31, 2011, 13:00
I would send U both to Bibel Camp to serve a term of two weeks.

Having fought the Chinese, Martin is excused from Bibel Camp (this one time).

Maranatha 2 U. :)

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 13:08
I can read.........and it was YOUR post.

You posted, So let me get this straight - you are leaving the Files (other thread) because members are no longer permitted to be vile, lewd, or profane or to make up lies about other members (we'll see if that one gets enforced).

It is abundantly clear the "you" in your post above refers to Martin35, because he has another thread where he says he is leaving the Files and you posted it in response to his post. :rolleyes:

Also there was no tirade on MY part......maybe yours? The rest of your attempts to insult are just water under the bridge. You may mystify new members to the thread, but I KNOW your internet character.

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 13:08
You should go back and read my post.

Or not. It is typical of people who do not read what I actually wrote, to decide I said something I didn't, and then go off on a tirade over it.

I did not mention martin35 with respect to vulgarity.

He is not pleased with the new rules, which are focused on pulling the files out of the gutter.

Nor did I say "you" in the context of vulgarity. In fact, I made sure to use "one" in an attempt to help those with poor reading comprehension to avoid the mistakes you have made. I guess I failed.

I find martin35's posts to be well written, even if I disagree with him. The education he shows in his posts makes them a pleasure to read.

But he is the one who ties "civility" to "oppression". Not me.

As to my own use of vulgarity, a careful reading by anyone with basic reading comprehension will reveal there is nothing arbitrary or random about it. I choose my words carefully.

"Go f-ck yourself, troll" is supposed to draw attention to the trolling. I have no duty to be polite to those who troll me, harass me, and make up lies about me and post with the full approval of the moderators (and often by certain people who are or have been moderators).

So while it isn't just about me, my personal use of foul language was to bring attention to the cause. Apparently, it has been perfectly ok for people to post blatant libel about me, but if I tell them to "F-ck off", then I'm a bad guy. I have never initiated vulgarity. I have too much love of fine prose for that. It appears that some use vulgarity as so much a part of their daily lives, that my attempt to insert it for shock or emphasis or illumination is a failure. I was brought up differently. Oh well.

The new rules now say not to "respond in kind". That will only work if the moderators do their job and deal with the trolls who are posting such filth. To date, that doesn't happen. Instead, there seems to be a lot of "blame the victim" recently.

And I'd be a heck of a good moderator. Because I am fair-minded, consistent, objective, and most of all, I don't give a hoot about popularity. Its been obvious over the past few years that certain moderators care more about the opinions of their beer-swilling brethren then about doing their jobs in an equitable manner.

I base (or at least try to base) my actions on an objective standard. Not something so base as trying to curry favor with someone 'cause "they're fun to hang out with." Which is why even my detractors can't find a single instance where I posted something that was not true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. And in the extremely rare instance where I am wrong, I acknowledge it and thank whoever educated me.

So I am an asshole who is usually right. Much better than being popular and wrong. Popularity is fickle.

A saved copy..............

J. Armstrong
January 31, 2011, 13:42
Maybe all you free speech advocates have forgotten that this site is accessible to the general public, and that all the dB crap, whether juvenile and idiotic ( most of it ) or downright obnoxious and repulsive ( some of it ) reflects upon the rest of us. As a consequence, ALL of DB is now gone, whereas if the denizens could have controlled themselves a little it would still be here. No one to blame but a few of the worst offenders -Keerist, you guys managed to contaminate a SEWER .

Maybe someone could explain their "right" to offend other people and to cast a bad light on a site and on our interest in firearms and FALs. As far as I'm concerned, the banhammer could have been swung a dozen more times and I would be even happier.

A bunch of y'all are just selfish little brats. You spout pious words about free speech and yet can't exercise enough self control and responsibility to function among other people.

BTW, I use "you" generically. Got no gripe with martin or sig, and I'd rather not see anyone get banned who can contribute to the site in an intelligent, constructive manner. Anyone who feels it necessary to leave because they are deprived of contributing to or being a part of the worst of what DB had become is, in my estimation, better off leaving - both they and we will be happier.

JMHO and worth twice whatcha paid for it .

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 13:43
Originally posted by Sig220
I can read.........and it was YOUR post.

You posted,

It is abundantly clear the "you" in your post above refers to Martin35, because he has another thread where he says he is leaving the Files and you posted it in response to his post. :rolleyes:

Also there was no tirade on MY part......maybe yours? The rest of your attempts to insult are just water under the bridge. You may mystify new members to the thread, but I KNOW your internet character.

Martin 35 is leaving the files because the new rules do not allow members to be vulgar . . . civility is oppression.

I am careful with "you" lest "you" (general) be confused with "you" (specific). Thus my use of the British style "one" and "members" instead of an indefinite pronoun.

Does not say "Martin is vulgar". Says Martin finds the restriction of vulgarity unacceptable. His choice. I am personally surprised that he would hold such a view, particularly because he writes so well as to make gratuitous vulgarity scant in his posts - I don't see where the new rules would affect his style at all.

(sigh)

And I edit my posts for spelling, grammar, and clarity, not for substance. I am far to egotistical to change the content of my posts - never have, never will - so your insinuation that I would is without merit.

For example, I edited the post above 4 times. Added some paragraph breaks, changed a run-on sentence into two sentences, and "knowledge" I'm always leaving out the "d".

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 13:51
Originally posted by J. Armstrong
Maybe all you free speech advocates have forgotten that this site is accessible to the general public, and that all the dB crap, whether juvenile and idiotic ( most of it ) or downright obnoxious and repulsive ( some of it ) reflects upon the rest of us. As a consequence, ALL of DB is now gone, whereas if the denizens could have controlled themselves a little it would still be here. No one to blame but a few of the worst offenders -Keerist, you guys managed to contaminate a SEWER .

Maybe someone could explain their "right" to offend other people and to cast a bad light on a site and on our interest in firearms and FALs. As far as I'm concerned, the banhammer could have been swung a dozen more times and I would be even happier.

A bunch of y'all are just selfish little brats. You spout pious words about free speech and yet can't exercise enough self control and responsibility to function among other people.

BTW, I use "you" generically. Got no gripe with martin or sig, and I'd rather not see anyone get banned who can contribute to the site in an intelligent, constructive manner. Anyone who feels it necessary to leave because they are deprived of contributing to or being a part of the worst of what DB had become is, in my estimation, better off leaving - both they and we will be happier.

JMHO and worth twice whatcha paid for it .

I don't take offense at your post or your opinion.......like noses, we all have them.

I may be wrong, but I always thought you had to be a registered member to view DB..........not that it matters now. :p

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 14:06

Martin 35 is leaving the files because the new rules do not allow members to be vulgar . . . civility is oppression.

I am careful with "you" lest "you" (general) be confused with "you" (specific). Thus my use of the British style "one" and "members" instead of an indefinite pronoun.

Does not say "Martin is vulgar". Says Martin finds the restriction of vulgarity unacceptable. His choice. I am personally surprised that he would hold such a view, particularly because he writes so well as to make gratuitous vulgarity scant in his posts - I don't see where the new rules would affect his style at all.

(sigh)

And I edit my posts for spelling, grammar, and clarity, not for substance. I am far to egotistical to change the content of my posts - never have, never will - so your insinuation that I would is without merit.

For example, I edited the post above 4 times. Added some paragraph breaks, changed a run-on sentence into two sentences, and "knowledge" I'm always leaving out the "d".

The "sigh" ought to be mine. You are a thick one aren't ya?? You read a lot into others post and then accuse everyone else of doing the same with yours?? WTF?

Just where again did martin35 say he was leaving because as YOU posted,

What martin35 did post in this thread was,

Most of this ruling is not to my liking nor in keeping with the American tradition of free speech. In my opinion the rulings goal is only to make moderating easier.

Now you accuse me of insinuating that you change the substance of your post?? By what.....my quoting your post and stating at the bottom, "A saved copy...."?? Are you now a mind reader as well as gunsmith??

You put way too much into that reasoning/conclusion......when the reason was that I typed my post without clicking the icon that copied the post I was replying to........ so I just came back and quoted your post and put the reason I quoted you at the bottom. You need to take a break.....

A bit paranoid you are, I think...........or awfully vain.

jimmbob
January 31, 2011, 14:58
As the sewage rises once again...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3WcuvL737A" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 15:18
The "sigh" ought to be mine. You are a thick one aren't ya?? You read a lot into others post and then accuse everyone else of doing the same with yours?? WTF?

No, I read what is written. If a poster means something other than what he wrote, that isn't my problem. Words have meaning.

Now you accuse me of insinuating that you change the substance of your post?? . . . the reason was that I typed my post without clicking the icon that copied the post I was replying to........ so I just came back and quoted your post and put the reason I quoted you at the bottom.

You demonstrate in the above post that you can parse a post into individual paragraphs and insert the appropriate code to properly format it. To pretend that you lacked such ability minutes before, and chose "saved" instead of "here's the post I was replying to in case anyone is too dumb to figure it out themselves" is quite a stretch.

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 15:26
Originally posted by jimmbob
As the sewage rises once again...

Sig and I may emphatically disagree on this issue, but I see no "sewage". I see animated but civil disagreement. While some may see his calling me "vain" to be a gratuitous insult, and his use of "What the F-ck" to be inappropriate, I have thicker skin than that and see no reason for the moderators to censure his rudeness.

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 16:43

No, I read what is written. If a poster means something other than what he wrote, that isn't my problem. Words have meaning.

Now you accuse me of insinuating that you change the substance of your post?? . . . the reason was that I typed my post without clicking the icon that copied the post I was replying to........ so I just came back and quoted your post and put the reason I quoted you at the bottom.

You demonstrate in the above post that you can parse a post into individual paragraphs and insert the appropriate code to properly format it. To pretend that you lacked such ability minutes before, and chose "saved" instead of "here's the post I was replying to in case anyone is too dumb to figure it out themselves" is quite a stretch.

You arrogant bastard........for the upteenth time..........na, I ain't going to tell you again. You can believe whatever you want. Nobody is going to change your mind, just like you are never going to change mine.

So in effect, we can agree to disagree and you are still a arrogant bastard.:uhoh:

gunplumber also posted:

Sig and I may emphatically disagree on this issue, but I see no "sewage". I see animated but civil disagreement. While some may see his calling me "vain" to be a gratuitous insult, and his use of "What the F-ck" to be inappropriate, I have thicker skin than that and see no reason for the moderators to censure his rudeness.

There was nothing inappropriate about my response of posting WTF. It is a internet abbreviation that stands for WHATEVER you want to believe it stands for. If it was inappropriate as you say, then why didn't you send a note to the mods that it was out of line.........and you didn't do that did you??? (See how I read your mind on that one?) The only rude player in this thread is you. Believe it or not, you don't know everything and surely don't know what people are thinking. You make awful assumptions that reflect negatively on you....the first part of assume. (Get it?) You probably have a crap load of knowledge that may be useful on a gun board, but your delivery washes it all away.

I could never see ANYONE allowing you to be a mod of a board.:rofl:

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 17:18
My claiming the title of "Arrogant Bastard" was to mock those without the education to differentiate between pride and hubris. Pride is a good feeling of self-worth based on legitimate accomplishment. That's me. Hubris is pride in an accomplishment one has not made - "unearned" pride. That is not me. I am simply not ashamed of being right. And in those rare cases where I am wrong, I study hard so as not to damage my ego through repeating the error.

The difference between us, is I am my own worst critic - on those areas where I fall short. Those areas do not include reading comprehension and critical thinking.

Your anger at me for my vast experience and knowledge is perplexing. Perhaps it is your hubris that prevents you from learning from your mistakes.

Oh - and PLEASE - pretending you don't know that "WTF" stands for "What the F-ck" is really sad, particularly since you used it in context correctly. You just keep digging that hole deeper.

Side note. It was on General Patton's vehicle in North Africa for "Western Task Force", but I doubt that was your intent.

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 17:42
My claiming the title of "Arrogant Bastard" was to mock those without the education to differentiate between pride and hubris. Pride is a good feeling of self-worth based on legitimate accomplishment. That's me. Hubris is pride in an accomplishment one has not made - "unearned" pride. That is not me. I am simply not ashamed of being right. And in those rare cases where I am wrong, I study hard so as not to damage my ego through repeating the error.

The difference between us, is I am my own worst critic - on those areas where I fall short. Those areas do not include reading comprehension and critical thinking.

Your anger at me for my vast experience and knowledge is perplexing. Perhaps it is your hubris that prevents you from learning from your mistakes.

Oh - and PLEASE - pretending you don't know that "WTF" stands for "What the F-ck" is really sad, particularly since you used it in context correctly. You just keep digging that hole deeper.

Side note. It was on General Patton's vehicle in North Africa for "Western Task Force", but I doubt that was your intent.

Once again you miss your mark..........I am not nor have been angry in this thread. And never would be angry at experience or knowledge...its the internet......you boob. The point I was trying to make that must have zinged over your head is that YOUR delivery, your online personality sucks.......you turn people away from you and probably customers as well. Of course you will say that you didn't need their business anyway which may be true but if you are so busy........why are you always spending time trading barbs with me and others?

I am sure we are SO different probably some in your favor and some in mine. I never pretended that I didn't know what WTF on the net stands for, I said it COULD stand for whatever YOU believe it to. Thanks for the compliment on my word context, but I aint digging nuthing.

So answer the question, did you report the post to a mod or not?? Come on, are you afraid to say I was right, or are you a "rat", too??

edited to add: If you don't want to be called arrogant bastard, don't put it on the net.:rolleyes:

jimmbob
January 31, 2011, 17:47

"I see no "sewage".

Sewage comment was in no way directed in gp's direction(not my intent anyway). It was in reference to some of the whiny little snivelers who can't stop crying even when told to let it go.

As for WTF? I think we all know exactly what that means. I have never met someone so dense that they actually think it means "whatever"? :rolleyes:

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 17:51
Originally posted by jimmbob

Sewage comment was in no way directed in gp's direction(not my intent anyway). It was in reference to some of the whiny little snivelers who can't stop crying even when told to let it go.

As for WTF? I think we all know exactly what that means. I have never met someone so dense that they actually think it means "whatever"? :rolleyes:

Edited to remove what may have been a violation of the rules.:rofl:

vmtz
January 31, 2011, 18:23
I just wish the rules would be applied fairly. I posted where GP was rude and vile. It does not seem to matter. I still have the pictures.

I doubt anyone really cares.

Vince

gunplumber
January 31, 2011, 20:53
Originally posted by Sig220
Come on, are you afraid to say I was right, or are you a "rat", too??

edited to add: If you don't want to be called arrogant bastard, don't put it on the net.:rolleyes:

I don't know what it is you think you are "right" about. I clearly showed, and anyone with basic reading comprehension can see, that my post is correct, and yours is not. It is not an equally valid alternative viewpoint. I'm right and you're wrong. Its like arithmetic. Now if we were discussing our "feelings" about a painting, or our "opinion" of a pizza, it would be different. We could agree to disagree. In the case, if I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

It is interesting that you call someone who strives to keep this board clean by reporting violations to a moderator "a rat". I bet you'd love for me or someone else to "rat" on the guy who vandalized your car.

G. Gordon Liddy described a "rat" well. A rat is someone who participates in the crime and then informs on the others for a lighter sentence. One who is not involved, and reports criminal activity, is merely a good citizen. One might get the impression from your post and the invective "rat" that you don't want vulgar, lewd or profane posts reported. Why is that?

I haven't reported your rude posts because

1. I have thick skin and don't consider your post to be particularly bad, at least in comparison to some of the baseless lies and known-false accusations that morally bankrupt members like Vince post. His kind of libel should be cause for immediate banning, but as I've had him on ignore for 5+ years now, the only time I see his filth is when some other person quotes him.

2. I believe that moderators are already aware of this thread. WEG posted in it (didn't you notice?).

3. I think your posts say much about YOUR character and YOUR values. I think leaving them for all to see is illuminating.

4. I value free speech. I am educated enough to know that it applies to government restriction, not the whim of one's host in their living room. We all play at the whim of she who shall not be named. Thus I am sorry to see tasers and cops gone wild and the conspiracy files closed. It is not a person's opinions (or delusions) that have diminished this board, but the filthy way in which those views tend to be presented. I am not sorry to see DB gone. Its only function was to elevate debauchery to something with credibility - an epic fail, in my opinion.

As to how I spend my time? It is interesting that this always seems to come up when my opponent has nothing left to argue. "What aren't you working?" Unlike some, I own the company. So I am not stealing from my employer to play on the internet during the day. It all works out in the end. I typically work 13 hour days Sunday through Thursday and 8 hours on Fridays. Saturday's off. So If I spend part of that 70 or so hours - a few minutes every hour as I'm doing other paperwork - well, I guess that's my business. Thanks for your concern. I've run a successful business for 20 years now, but if I ever find it not working, I'll be sure to ask you for your advice.

Blaster
January 31, 2011, 20:54
I have always interpreted WTF as "WHAT THE FUN". Sure nothing wrong with that.:rolleyes:

jimmbob
January 31, 2011, 21:24
Originally posted by vmtz
I just wish the rules would be applied fairly. I posted where GP was rude and vile. It does not seem to matter. I still have the pictures.

I doubt anyone really cares.

Vince

No one cares vince, get over it.

Sig220
January 31, 2011, 21:33

I don't know what it is you think you are "right" about. I clearly showed, and anyone with basic reading comprehension can see, that my post is correct, and yours is not. It is not an equally valid alternative viewpoint. I'm right and you're wrong. Its like arithmetic. Now if we were discussing our "feelings" about a painting, or our "opinion" of a pizza, it would be different. We could agree to disagree. In the case, if I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

It is interesting that you call someone who strives to keep this board clean by reporting violations to a moderator "a rat". I bet you'd love for me or someone else to "rat" on the guy who vandalized your car.

G. Gordon Liddy described a "rat" well. A rat is someone who participates in the crime and then informs on the others for a lighter sentence. One who is not involved, and reports criminal activity, is merely a good citizen. One might get the impression from your post and the invective "rat" that you don't want vulgar, lewd or profane posts reported. Why is that?

I haven't reported your rude posts because

1. I have thick skin and don't consider your post to be particularly bad, at least in comparison to some of the baseless lies and known-false accusations that morally bankrupt members like Vince post. His kind of libel should be cause for immediate banning, but as I've had him on ignore for 5+ years now, the only time I see his filth is when some other person quotes him.

2. I believe that moderators are already aware of this thread. WEG posted in it (didn't you notice?).

3. I think your posts say much about YOUR character and YOUR values. I think leaving them for all to see is illuminating.

4. I value free speech. I am educated enough to know that it applies to government restriction, not the whim of one's host in their living room. We all play at the whim of she who shall not be named. Thus I am sorry to see tasers and cops gone wild and the conspiracy files closed. It is not a person's opinions (or delusions) that have diminished this board, but the filthy way in which those views tend to be presented. I am not sorry to see DB gone. Its only function was to elevate debauchery to something with credibility - an epic fail, in my opinion.

As to how I spend my time? It is interesting that this always seems to come up when my opponent has nothing left to argue. "What aren't you working?" Unlike some, I own the company. So I am not stealing from my employer to play on the internet during the day. It all works out in the end. I typically work 13 hour days Sunday through Thursday and 8 hours on Fridays. Saturday's off. So If I spend part of that 70 or so hours - a few minutes every hour as I'm doing other paperwork - well, I guess that's my business. Thanks for your concern. I've run a successful business for 20 years now, but if I ever find it not working, I'll be sure to ask you for your advice.

I don't want you telling me what to post.......how about that. That is why you are so "loved" on this board for your hardheadedness and frank posts. What a windbag. Me, too.....I have paperwork to do over the net and this is just a sideline.......on one of my two monitors I work off of. I am glad your business is doing well.........I hope everyone's business does well that in itself puts to rest those bankruptcy posts I have seen in tha post.

But enough banter from you.............and I. You still misconstrued martin35's post. He NEVER said he was leaving because he could not post vile and obscene things. Your whole argument was without base but then again you argue to argue........like when you were told, "you would argue with a fence post".

But then that is what the internet is all about to you anyway............YOU. Right? Its another chance for you to prove to someone that you are superior......no wonder you liked the swastika on the girl........or was that the other gunsmith??

W.E.G.
January 31, 2011, 21:51
Yes-you-did -- no-you-didn't.

We get it.

This thread is done.

Ricketts
January 31, 2011, 21:56

(sigh)

Go back and edit this one again. Improper use of 'to' where it should be "too".

Here--should be---

I am far too egotistical to change the content of my posts - never have, never will - so your insinuation that I would is without merit.