PDA

View Full Version : All we wanted was fairness.

vmtz
January 28, 2011, 20:17
And the closed thread and banned have not been metered out equally. I was hoping this would not be true, but it is.

A sad day for the Files.

Vince

J. Armstrong
January 28, 2011, 20:30
For heavens' sake, give it a rest, Vince. Equality of consequences comes with time.
I hardly think the fate of the free world hangs in the balance, here :)

vmtz
January 28, 2011, 20:32
No, but if we are banning then do it to all parties involved.

Fairness. Simple.

Vince

PARA FN FAL
January 28, 2011, 20:39
WTF Did I miss here?

J. Armstrong
January 28, 2011, 21:00
Nothing ;) :)

I understand Vinces' concern and in principle agree. I would suggest, however, that it might be time to step back, take a dep breath, and see what a little time might accomplish.

rowjimmy
January 28, 2011, 21:41
Don't be a whiny bitch...when you fugk with someone intentionally you will get just as good in return. Also, judgements are made every day about whether one is a bigger asset or liability. Hope this helps. Welcome to the real world.

FAL freek
January 28, 2011, 23:42
Originally posted by J. Armstrong

I understand Vinces' concern and in principle agree. I would suggest, however, that it might be time to step back, take a dep breath, and see what a little time might accomplish. ^^^^^^^
This.
Folks on this site are constantly whining about Ted being gone and seem to forget why exactly he left and hasn't come back. Some folks piss and moan about Gary not enforcing the rules and letting everybody run wild. Those same folks expect Gary to be another Ted and complain constantly about the lack of enforcement. So when Gary does start coming down on folks about things getting out of line then folks complain about that too. Most of the time I think he's far too generous.

If I were admin I wouldn't hesitate to brandish the ban hammer liberally a few weeks for those that constantly troll the site and constantly belittle fellow board members because it's always that same few. Seems this boards behavior sinks to a lower level of how the members treat each other with each passing year.

Arby
January 29, 2011, 00:41
Originally posted by FAL freek

Folks on this site are constantly whining about Ted being gone and seem to forget why exactly he left and hasn't come back. Some folks piss and moan about Gary not enforcing the rules and letting everybody run wild. Those same folks expect Gary to be another Ted and complain constantly about the lack of enforcement. So when Gary does start coming down on folks about things getting out of line then folks complain about that too. Most of the time I think he's far too generous.

Good point!

Tuscan Raider
January 29, 2011, 00:52
WTF? Really? I don't even know what **** is going on, but I know its stupid.

I remember one of my first posts here, and I was told I was too thin
skinned for the internet. Well I manned up, and didn't post where
I couldn't back up my bullshit.

If you don't like the subject, use the great gift of the 1st Amendment and...

STFU.

Fuckin wussies sometimes around here.

SWOHFAL
January 29, 2011, 07:29
Vince get the ban hammer? His member title is gone.

starbuck
January 29, 2011, 07:53
I agree its pretty stupid. If being an asshole is worthy of getting you banned we could cut our membership in half.

1911Ron
January 29, 2011, 22:04
I think that the horse is dead, please refrain from beating it more thank you

KEMOSABE
January 29, 2011, 23:03
Oh, ...........the humanity.

Pistolwiz
January 29, 2011, 23:09
Why do I feel a "Go ahead punk, mess with me." attitude from the PTB here at the files? Almost......contemptuous. :(

I sincerely hope Vince didn't get banned. I've had more flame wars with him and dabs than anybody else here...ancient history. But banning him for expressing himself here the way he has is not normal ops for the files.

I doubt he got banned.

Lost his member? Maybe....... :biggrin:

Hope I don't get banned for that one.......

vmtz
January 29, 2011, 23:28
I'm still here. I was threatened, and in the old days I'd raise heck about it. Now I just don't care. They are killing the best gun board on the net. Things change.

For what it is worth, I enjoyed the flame wars. Good to see you still around.

Vince

Pistolwiz
January 29, 2011, 23:37
Same here Vince. :bigangel:

Now...so nobody thinks we're dating or something....

And for old times sake......

WTF is wrong with you!?!?!??!

:biggrin: :rofl:

Brett
January 30, 2011, 01:15
Such a kinder gentler place. I'm going to sell my FAL and Corvette and get a BB gun and a Prius. I may even become a vegetarian and quit drinking.

Andy the Aussie
January 30, 2011, 01:47
Vince sucks....still...after all these years...he sucks....:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

ElRon
January 30, 2011, 02:23
Shutup Vince, you look like a Hughtard.

SWOHFAL
January 30, 2011, 05:53
The flame wars and insults are what made this place enjoyable. Now, we've just got no kits and minimal activity - stick a fork in it. :rolleyes:

vmtz
January 30, 2011, 11:20
Originally posted by Andy the Aussie
Vince sucks....still...after all these years...he sucks....:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sir,

For the uncalled for diatribe against me, I will please ask you to kindly refrain from making such statements? I find that they are hurtful and against the board rules.

Thank you.

Vince

P.S. No Ray Bans for you! (said in the kindest way possible)

Pistolwiz
January 30, 2011, 12:23
Originally posted by vmtz

Sir,

For the uncalled for diatribe against me, I will please ask you to kindly refrain from making such statements? I find that they are hurtful and against the board rules.

Thank you.

Vince

P.S. No Ray Bans for you! (said in the kindest way possible)

Uncalled for? Since when? :rofl: (Stated in the kindest way......)

Them ray bans are getting kinda old aren't they? Your dog chew on them yet?

Blaster
January 30, 2011, 20:41
Originally posted by 308bolt

They removed Vince's member??!!!! :eek:

No, Vince :shades: IS still a big ole member.:D

K.O.A.M.
February 01, 2011, 16:04
It's just like a family. One of those families where they need to scoop up the parents and take the kids to child services.

Andy the Aussie
February 02, 2011, 00:36
Vince still sucks....:uhoh:

ratas calientes
February 06, 2011, 23:01
Vince owes me a beer.

Blaster
February 08, 2011, 13:21
Originally posted by ratas calientes
Vince owes me a beer.

Been a few years now. Is he ever going to pay off that beer debt?:shades:
Bet if you make it to the next FAL Fest, he'll hand you a beer (probably out of someone else's cooler):biggrin:

Blaster
February 09, 2011, 15:43
HELLO Glenn, you there??

ratas calientes
February 09, 2011, 21:44
Originally posted by Blaster
HELLO Glenn, you there?? I be here. Just really busy lately at work. Too much to do . . . what a nice problem.

(To tell you the truth, I keep up the "beer talk" to keep my post count up. :biggrin: )

jimmbob
April 01, 2012, 00:52
And the closed thread and banned have not been metered out equally. I was hoping this would not be true, but it is.

A sad day for the Files.

Vince:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Just stumbled onto this old but entertaining thread.:uhoh:

jugrunner
April 01, 2012, 22:50
go to sleep ... :sleep:

ratas calientes
April 07, 2012, 00:26
Why was this dinosaur resurrected?

Topbanana
April 08, 2012, 00:54
O Hai. :bigangel: