PDA

View Full Version : Big, beautiful 97B...

brunop
January 26, 2011, 00:43
What is with these near-perfect pistols? Heavy front end, decent triggers, single-double, outstanding CZ ergonomics, and big ol' .45 ACP goodness.

Why didn't I get one before?

dwarmbrodt
January 26, 2011, 06:36
My strategy is to get my fill of 9mm models before moving up the caliber ladder.

bykerhd
January 28, 2011, 09:40
I had one. Kind of liked it.
Not enough though. It went towards another gun that caught my eye.
Ten shot .45 Witness magazines worked in mine.
The odd thing is that a .45 Witness seems a bit smaller in the grip to me for some reason.
I still have the Witness. It won the coin toss.:wink:
Someone else owns the CZ now.

Wildcat
January 29, 2011, 16:42
Accurate, but its kind of finicky about the cartridge length. If the length is wrong, the nose of the bullet will dive into the bottom of the feed ramp and stay there.
If/when you find the length it likes, it runs like a sewing machine.

Deactivate the magazine brake.

The single action needed a bit of refinement but that seems to be typical of CZ.

big44man
January 30, 2011, 16:26
+ 1 on the Witness .45 ACP. We had the CZ-97 in the store for awhile, but I never seemed to get used to the feel of it. When we started carrying the Witness in 45 ACP, I just had to have one. Special ordered the Wondra finish, (I didn't like the blue/black finish) and have been really satisfied carrying it. Even sold my SIG SAUER 1911 with ten mags, since I didn't carry it any more.
Guess I'll be happy with the Witness .45 and the CZ-75B in .40 S&W, since I didn't save my pennies fast enough to snag the Russian commemorative model we had in.

4x401
January 30, 2011, 17:58
Originally posted by brunop
What is with these near-perfect pistols? Heavy front end, decent triggers, single-double, outstanding CZ ergonomics, and big ol' .45 ACP goodness.

Why didn't I get one before?

I wana see some picture`s please! I am in love with CZ ergonomics.

BlasterLP
February 03, 2011, 03:34
Too bad that CZ doesnt offer the CZ-97 Sport here in the states. It is not very common in Europe either, so I was told.

The 2 that I shot while overseas in the middle east were great! I could shoot a ragged hole out of the center of targets with ease, and I am not a great pistol shooter by any means!!
They are out of the CZ custom shop I was told. Beautiful wood grips! Adjustable rear sights, target trigger-which was VERY light-definately had to pay attention when switching over from shooting standard out of the box 75B's, Glocks, Beretta's and HK's that the range had for rental units.

The CZ97B is certainly one I am wanting to get ahold of and see if I can shoot it even half as good as the Sport, and if I can, it has a place in the safe waiting for it!

Anyone here know of any 'smiths that are doing any upgrade work on them? do you really need to mod in a 1911 style barrel bushing to make it shoot better yet?

AndyC
February 11, 2011, 08:41
I imagine that Angus Hobdell would be the guy to work on them - drop him a line at http://czcustom.com/contact-us.aspx