View Full Version : Glock Customer Service: Is it just me??

D. Short
January 24, 2011, 16:12
Recently purchased two used Glocks at auction. One had a crack in the slide, making me question their ancestry somewhat, so I sent them off to the Glock factory for evaluation by their technical department. In two weeks I received a call, and was given the estimate for repair. Deciding that putting that much money into these two didn’t make sense, I requested they send the pistols back unrepaired. (so far, so good)

Three weeks later I get a letter, asking me what I wanted to do with these pistols!? I call the Glock phone number, and ask for the extension listed on their letter. The receptionist indicates that is not even a valid extension!? I eventually get to technical services, and repeat my request to have the pistols returned. Am assured it will be handled immediately. Fast forward two weeks to the next letter, asking me what I wanted to do with these pistols. Repeat the phone call (get same response), and send a letter as follow up. And that was three weeks ago, and I just got off the phone again. Guess what? ( I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day….!!??)

I understand in a large company such as this, sometimes things can fall through the cracks. However, this is bordering on ridiculous. So I am wondering, is Glock’s customer service always this underwhelming, or is it just me!!??

January 25, 2011, 11:41
My only experience with Glock CS was good, but at the time I lived within an hour of the place. I walked up unannounced and without an appointment, and they fixed my issues for nothing while I waited. Very friendly folks.

I can see why you're frustrated though - ask for a supervisor next time.

January 25, 2011, 18:37
I have had nothing but positive experiences with Glock Customer Service. I had returned two pistols to them (purchased used) and they fixed both at no cost to me. On one they replaced the entire frame, even going to the trouble of ordering a frame from Austria so it could and would match the slide and barrel. Call again and ask for Fred. 770.432.1202

Oh, and I don't particularly care for Glock pistols, the first was a gift and the second is a 10mm, a round I am fond of. So this is not a Glock pitch.

January 29, 2011, 16:36
Only good things to say on my end...

January 30, 2011, 10:11
Mine was piss-poor. Sent a G26 slide to them that was scratched up in a motorcycle accident and lost the front nitesite, when I first talked to them on the phone they quoted me $50 and told me it will be returned good as new, and the sight will be replaced for free. After I sent it, it was a different story, took them months and could never find out a definitive status, just a run around when I tried calling. When I finally got it back, I was absolutely pissed. they made no attempt at all to buff out the scratches, just looked like they took a tar brush and tried filling in the holes. Not kidding, it was by far the worst job I have ever seen. When I showed it to Derek at Azex Arms, he laughed his arse off. He did a superb job for me buffing it out and refinishing with teflon moly, and for less than Glock charged me. Oh, and the nite site they replaced, I guess you could see it glowing if you went to the deepest and darkest mine you could find.

D. Short
January 31, 2011, 20:40
Thanks for the input guys! I got in touch with Fred last Wednesday (thanks Speedgunner), and he indicated he would get them on the road to me. Will let you know what (if anything) happens this week.

D. Short
February 08, 2011, 19:35
OK...talking to Fred got it done! Finally got my two handguns back, and they only shorted me one of the recoil spring assemblys (???). Officially this is the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. And please don't think this is just a Glock bashing. Unlike Speedgunner, I actually consider myself a "fan". I own five of their handguns, belong to and shoot in their GSSF matches, and use a Glock as my teaching gun. How can you produce a great product, and give crappy customer service!!??

February 09, 2011, 08:16
Originally posted by D. Short
How can you produce a great product, and give crappy customer service!!?? You answered your own question. They don't have much experience with customer service.:D

February 10, 2011, 16:13
LOL those things are throw away junk - no reason for a repair shop or customer service :wink: the new glocks will be BIODEGRADABLE I heard :rofl:

10 weeks it took my last S&W revolver to arrive back from their shop, countless run arounds on the phone "pistol will be done this week" "that will ship this week" yada yada - not the same S&W of the 80's thats for certain.

I swear customer service has generally hit ROCK BOTTOM throughout the industry.

Hogue has been shipping out revolver grips with a saddle thats too wide - had to beat a set of the nylon grips off a revolver - crazy

"Yeah theres an issue we have had 4 calls this week on the same model grips"

Sage Int don't get me started on those two "two thumbs down"

Its not just Glock, its the general poor attitude with most companies I am seeing.

February 12, 2011, 12:44
Wow - sad to hear it.
My only exp w/ Glock's CS was in the late '90s, & it was nothing short of stunning: free, discreet, & FAST.