PDA

View Full Version : CZ 550 Varmint

rcnpthfndr
January 20, 2011, 11:48
shes one of my favorite rigs. bought her from MParrish here on the files after my 2d tour in iraq (04-05).

liked the looks of the factory stock, but didnt like the feel and it was a bit of stretch for the trigger finger. talked to my friend Joel Russo and he made me one of his A5L stocks.

since everyone loves CZ's and PICs here she is.

Stocks Old and New
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/rcnpthfndr/DSC01067.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/rcnpthfndr/DSC01064.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/rcnpthfndr/DSC01066.jpg

zeke
January 23, 2011, 10:37
Nice looking stock, what lop was it shortened to? Have a 308 synthetic stock, and stocked up on 10 rounders from Midsouth (when they were cheap). The 10 rounders are now over $100 apiece?

DYNOMIKE
January 23, 2011, 11:46
I like the looks of the original stock better I but W/OUT shooting either set-up it's tough to say?

I do know fro sure a 550 is HIGH on my wish list and the Varmint is prolly the one I would choose.
What have you found to be it's fave load and how does she shoot for you?

I sure like the CZ's, and that's a Damn nice rifle.. :beer:

rcnpthfndr
January 23, 2011, 18:44
LOP was set at 12.5", i went with a shorter LOP because i am going to be adding a 3 way adjustable buttplate.

i liked the original stock as well. the palm swell was nice and thick but there was an additional bulge on the sides that wouldnt let me get a conistant grip and my hand would slide.

you have to love that CZ trigger. no overtravel, consistant break, crisp isnt the right word for how it breaks.

i have not shot any reloads through her, as i have been deployed so much, and having several cases of hornady Tap 168g match and Black Hills 168/175gr match ammo thats what i was using.

i am hoping the CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper rifle i ordered shoots as good as this one.

DYNOMIKE
January 23, 2011, 21:21
Yea I understand the set triggers on these are something to behold.. :whiskey:

With no handload data for the rifle yet would you say your pleased with the results you obtained with TAP and B/H?

rcnpthfndr
January 24, 2011, 02:45
Originally posted by DYNOMIKE
With no handload data for the rifle yet would you say your pleased with the results you obtained with TAP and B/H?

Absolutely! she is one of the most accurate rifles i own.

zeke
January 25, 2011, 18:24
Recently got one with HS precision stock. LOP is 13 inches, and could use 1/2 inch less and a hook in bottom of stock. It has a pressure point at end of barrel channel. Have only tested it at 100 yards working up loads with Sierra 168 hpbt and imr 3031, 748 and h 4895. Probably accurate with alot of other powders as well. Had to recrown the muzzle to realize the accuracy potential. This is the only cz rifle have ever had to modify at all. It currently has a Harris bipod and Nikon 6-18 Buckmaster.

It consistently gets .5 moa at 100 off bipod and using a rear sand bag.

For the price, it seems like a good deal.

rcnpthfndr
January 26, 2011, 03:54
no pressure points on this one.

Joel put in pillars, bedded it and the barrel totaly free floats.