PDA

View Full Version : How do I field strip a CZ75?

Old Sarge
January 13, 2011, 07:13
Hi All
So I picked this up the other night. But there are no instructions with it. Can some one point me in the direction of a link or tell me how to take it appart? It needs a good cleaning.

Thanks
Old Sarge

dwarmbrodt
January 13, 2011, 07:38
left side of the pistol, between the rear cocking serrations and the back of slide is a vertical index line. Align it with the simular line in the frame and pop out the slide release. Slide only goes back a 1/4 of an inch or so to do this.

Old Sarge
January 13, 2011, 19:30
Got it. Thanks a lot.

Old Sarge

AndyC
January 13, 2011, 22:57
Full CZ75 manual (http://cz-usa.com/download/56/) just in case :)

BAS
January 13, 2011, 23:04
Depending on how old it is........DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY, unless you know exactly what you are doing. Older models have a small part in there, under spring tension that will fly out and dissapear, in norway we call it the devils arrow.....ask me how difficult it is to find on black-speckled red carpeting. :D

I did that inside a plastic bag after that. hehe

Bjørn

big dee
January 15, 2011, 00:19
"Depending on how old it is........DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY, unless you know exactly what you are doing. Older models have a small part in there, under spring tension that will fly out and dissapear"

NOW YOU TELL ME!!! also a pain to put back together when you find it! I think that small hole in the safety is used to retain the detent and spring upon disassembly by inserting a pin to hold them together.

JohnnyMac
January 15, 2011, 18:14
Visual aid...

******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6w4kZXi1Uk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0 xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6w4kZXi1Uk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0 xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HTH,

JMc

indy_Muaddib
January 15, 2011, 18:21
i lost the safety detent in a white painted room, moved every single thing in that room out and i have never found it.

bought the last 5 CZ-USA had in stock.

there is a small hole in the safety you can slip a pin through to capture the detent, set the safety halfway between on and off then slip the pin in lock it in place.

maxhush
January 24, 2011, 15:55
I found that on my new (to me) '92 CZ75 (from Robertsons), I can align the disassembly index marks, and then click the safety up into some sort of (internal) detent notch that holds the slide back at the index mark point, then remove the slide stop (which is pretty worn, and I want to preserve the original, so I've ordered a new one which should arrive shortly, along with a new Wolff recoil spring). The one I received is curious in that externally it does not look to have a lot of external wear (some from being holstered and a lot at the left rear of the frame, probably from a snap strap on the holster, if I had to guess), but internally shows evidence of having been fired a fair amount (possibly with hot loads) with a fair amount of internal wear. Does anyone know where the police department that had these was located (which country)? The other curious (to me) thing is that I cleaned mine when I got it and found that it was already well-cleaned, which is, in my experience, pretty odd for police or military surplus firearms.

dwarmbrodt
January 24, 2011, 16:44
My 75B contract gun (dated 1996) was made for a police dept in Turkey.

AndyC
January 24, 2011, 18:19
Originally posted by indy_Muaddib
i lost the safety detent in a white painted room, moved every single thing in that room out and i have never found it.

bought the last 5 CZ-USA had in stock.
That's odd - you know that they normally do show up as soon as you've bought the replacement :wink:

SWOHFAL
January 26, 2011, 09:32
Originally posted by BAS
Depending on how old it is........DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY, unless you know exactly what you are doing. Older models have a small part in there, under spring tension that will fly out and dissapear, in norway we call it the devils arrow.....ask me how difficult it is to find on black-speckled red carpeting. :D

I did that inside a plastic bag after that. hehe

Bjørn

Paperclip through the hole.