View Full Version : CZ75s at Widners?

Old Sarge
January 11, 2011, 07:53
Hi All
Has anyone seen these? I think they are pre B models. $349.00 shipped to your FFL. I am thinking of ordering one up. Can I use the mags from a B in them if there Pre B guns? Polygonal bbl or standard rifleing so I can shoot cast reloads?

Old Sarge

January 11, 2011, 08:19
Hey Sarge,
Have you checked out the ones at Dan's Sporting goods? He is a board sponser and a great person to deal with.

January 11, 2011, 08:42
The ones on Dan's site are all later models, B's and the like. The pistols on Widner's look like they are Pre-B models, I wonder if they are import marked??

January 11, 2011, 21:41
Originally posted by SPEEDGUNNER
The ones on Dan's site are all later models, B's and the like. The pistols on Widner's look like they are Pre-B models, I wonder if they are import marked??

Made in '92 pre B, PW Arms marked, matching numbers.
I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Robertson Trading Post is selling them on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica.

big dee
January 15, 2011, 00:24
Mine was in excellent shape, slight wear on edges or high spots. All matching except for the magazine. Very well worth $350

Perhaps anybody who gets one of these should post the magazine serial number in case we can swap them out to make matched sets.

January 15, 2011, 12:19
I have one coming...

January 15, 2011, 23:24
Anyone have any pics of the condition the pistols from Weidners are in? I would like an idea of what i have gotten myself into. I imagine the import mark is probably hideous

January 16, 2011, 11:26
Got mine in the other day. Importer markings on the right side, PW or PW Arms Bremerton Wa or something like that. Some holster and service finish wear but the operating/function/fit is very good to excellent on mine. My mag floorplate was cracked and broke in half when I pushed/pulled down on it. (bottom/front of mag floorplate extension)
My couple of org. pre-B 75/85 mags work great in it...Lock up tight and drop free on mag change. Mec-Gar not so good.
Overall, Very nice pre-B 75 that I'm happy with...And the importer script is very small.
Now, Where to find some pre-B mags and a floorplate!

Brian in MN
January 16, 2011, 11:31
Do they have the early enamel finish?

Old Sarge
January 16, 2011, 17:46
I picked mine up on Friday. Enamel finnish, un numbered mag, a bit of wear on the high points and the right hand grip panel is scraped up. The pistol was thilthy when I got it. Made in 91 if I am reading the stamp by the ejection port. Import stamp is very small and nicly done on the side of the slide. Now to clean it up and take it for a test drive. Not a bad deal so far.

Old Sarge

January 17, 2011, 12:02
I'd say contact wideners and I bet they will fix you up with the bad mag.

I am far from an expert on CZ 75's what is the benefit of a pre b model?

What import mark is on the wideners guns?

Brian in MN
January 17, 2011, 19:31
Originally posted by moses

I am far from an expert on CZ 75's what is the benefit of a pre b model?

None. IMHO the new guns are better. Pins will walk out on the old model.

January 17, 2011, 20:46
Originally posted by Brian in MN

None. IMHO the new guns are better. Pins will walk out on the old model.
On the '92 I just picked up the pins are identical to the pins on my 75B.
To answer Moses' question the B added a firing pin block which screws up the trigger.
The B has a dovetailed front site not staked, the B got a rib down the slide, and a different detent arrangement for the safe.

January 22, 2011, 11:06
Saw mine at the store yesterday. A '91/ No real wear/chips on the finish EXCEPT one small dot of rust? on the slide. Maybe some bronze wool and some caution will take care of that little spot. Import mark is well done IMO. Pistol is dirty, with brown dust everywhere.

Couldn't be happier for the money. It was this or a new-B model. I chose this and will get a B model later.

February 02, 2011, 16:10
Here is a link for CZ-75 info

Brian in MN, how many rounds thru your pre-B's did you put thru them when you noticed the pins starting to walk? I have only put 300 rds or so thru the one I got a few years ago, didnt notice anything but its been put away since I went back over to the middle east. I will have to dig it out and check it over.

Also I think there are MIME parts on the B models and there are pins prone to breakage as I had the takedown pin break on me on a range owned gun during a competition in Kuwait I had entered last year.
The range 'smith said they were a common part that needed replacing but he didnt say the round count between failures or if it was a forged part.

February 02, 2011, 17:06
Recieved a '86 model, looks like the blasted and blued with wear on the exterior high points but the internal contact surfaces are not even shiney from wear. The mag I got with it wouldn't drop free but some tweeking on the mag brake took care of that. Had another older mag for my B model that went in tight but wouldn't come out without persuasion, a little dremel work with a light stone and cratex and I now have 2 mags that function great and drop free. It's typical CZ, accurate and reliable.
Worth the money IMO.

Brian in MN
February 03, 2011, 17:25
100-150 rounds. I always noticed long before there was any danger of losing a pin.

big dee
February 10, 2011, 22:36
If anyone gets one with a magazine numbered #446, I will swap you a #550 mag that came with mine.

February 20, 2011, 07:18
I got one from a local dealer except it's a 85 model. Same as a pre b but has an ambidextros slide release. What a sweet shooter.

February 20, 2011, 12:26
Mine jams on the last shot in the mag, need to troubleshoot that issue.

I need to drift the rear sight over just a little, and then it will shoot dead on also.

February 22, 2011, 19:39
what are cz-75 mags going for these days and who has them?

big dee
February 23, 2011, 00:42
"what are cz-75 mags going for these days and who has them?"

CZ-USA has them for $43@

February 23, 2011, 08:34
IIRC Midway is a better option on mags. They are mecgar, but that is what came with my B.

February 23, 2011, 09:47
CDNN has a better deal on mags...but I still can't find a CZ75 extractor. Don't bother mentioning CZ-USA ...at $47+ delivered for a tiny part ( $12+ postage !! ) it's hardly worth it.

big dee
February 23, 2011, 23:06
CZ Custom has extractors: $34

February 24, 2011, 06:23
Originally posted by big dee
CZ Custom has extractors: $34

Its the $12 shipping that is a killer...

March 25, 2011, 21:50
Just to confuse things, I got an email and saw that Wideners has used CZ75 Pre-Bs with *no magazine* (none) for $275 (they still have the pre-Bs with one mag for $350 as well). If you have a stock or source for pre-B mags, this might make a deal for one or for a second pre-B should you desire one. As it happens, when I got my current pre-B, I got several spare mags, so this works for me and I ordered one.