PDA

View Full Version : AR 24

MAINER
January 09, 2011, 15:14
Anyone got one? Only person I've talked to that had one, wished he didn't. Other reviews I've read were more positive. I know they are made in Turkey, Tangoliflio?.

Better, worse than Witness? Or is this a different pistol?

All of this may be moot what with Dan's Ammo offering up former Izzy CZ 75's for $300. :biggrin:

Jes curious, very seldom hear anything about them.

CG&L
January 09, 2011, 15:58
Why would an Israeli 75B be $300 when the others are $400?

Are they alloy frames?

IRONWORKER
January 09, 2011, 16:40
I love my AR24 - I bought it for the wife & older kids to shoot but i put more rds thru it than they do! - well over 2K rds with 100% reliability

big dee
January 09, 2011, 22:23
Does the AR24 use CZ magazines?

nightschneider
January 10, 2011, 12:59
the israeli 75B's are CZ guns; just an Israeli contract, if I'm not mistaken.

they are used, is the only reason for the price..still a helluva gun, I'm sure.

edited to add:

I believe the AR24 takes the Witness spec magazines, EAA makes them, Armalite factory, or MecGar; MecGar would be my choice of the three...in all reality, MecGar probably makes the factory mags, they just cost a lot less.

IRONWORKER
January 11, 2011, 20:49
Originally posted by big dee
Does the AR24 use CZ magazines?

No - CZ mags will not fit

bykerhd
January 11, 2011, 23:59
AR 24s are Turkish. Built on new CNC equipment. They SHOULD be as good as anybody's and better than some. But ........
Your results may vary.

Tanfoglios are made in Italy. EAA imports some of their products. They also made the Baby Desert Eagles for IMI. Generally pretty decent guns.

Another CZ-75, sort of, is the Swiss made Sphinx 2000.
Pretty rarely encountered I think and were supposed to be at least as good as the originals. As I recall. But, CZs weren't commonly encountered back then, so that may not be a fair assessment.

IRONWORKER
January 12, 2011, 12:46
Originally posted by bykerhd
AR 24s are Turkish. Built on new CNC equipment. They SHOULD be as good as anybody's and better than some. But ........
Your results may vary.

+1 - I love shooting my dads old CZ75 that he got in the late 70s or early 80s but i didn't want to put alot of miles on it so i went looking to buy a new one - I could have got a CZ75 but i decided on the AR - The fit & finish are excellent, unlike the CZ the frame is forged & the AR feels better in my hand but YMMV! - IMO it's the best hi-cap 9mm out there for under 1K

Carolina Slim
January 20, 2011, 00:14
Originally posted by bykerhd

Another CZ-75, sort of, is the Swiss made Sphinx 2000.
Pretty rarely encountered I think and were supposed to be at least as good as the originals. As I recall. But, CZs weren't commonly encountered back then, so that may not be a fair assessment.

Those Sphinxes were beautiful pistols. CZ style frame and lockwork but a flattop slide like a P series SiG. I wish I could have afforded one when they were being imported.