PDA

View Full Version : A3 is made by Sabre Defence in TN.

harleypower69
January 03, 2011, 21:36
I believe that Sabre Defence produced the A3 stateside. Seems like a fine weapon to me.

C2A1
January 04, 2011, 11:31
My only compliant is the muzzle break on the 16 inch. Ouch! also when shooting (using gloves) there was powder on my fingers. Wish it had the tulip.

harleypower69
January 04, 2011, 13:26
Originally posted by C2A1
My only compliant is the muzzle break on the 16 inch. Ouch! also when shooting (using gloves) there was powder on my fingers. Wish it had the tulip.

Pete has them available I believe. HERE -

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/augusrparts.html

He is a real pleasure to do business with and a wealth of AUG parts and knowledge.

sturmgrenadiere
January 09, 2011, 03:18
Harley, did you intent to make a new thread or were you answering one?

I bought one of Pete's 16" US made barrels which from what I can tell are the same barrel's used on the A3 from Sabre. And yes, that flash hider is a bit of an annoyance. I pulled it for a tulip flash hider, but the shoulder of the Sabre barrel from the muzzle threads to the barrel outer diameter is 90 deg to the bore, where on a factory AUG is is more a 45 deg angle... so the end state is the tulip flash hider won't seat all the way. It tightens fine with the check nut, but it is not "all the way"....

Some rocket scientist always has to make things differently with every model progression....

harleypower69
January 09, 2011, 11:19
Originally posted by sturmgrenadiere
Harley, did you intent to make a new thread or were you answering one?

I bought one of Pete's 16" US made barrels which from what I can tell are the same barrel's used on the A3 from Sabre. And yes, that flash hider is a bit of an annoyance. I pulled it for a tulip flash hider, but the shoulder of the Sabre barrel from the muzzle threads to the barrel outer diameter is 90 deg to the bore, where on a factory AUG is is more a 45 deg angle... so the end state is the tulip flash hider won't seat all the way. It tightens fine with the check nut, but it is not "all the way"....

Some rocket scientist always has to make things differently with every model progression....

Truth be told I was attempting to respond to that other thread but I misfired and started a new one.

I appreciate your sharing that info on the tulip style not working. I think I may try and get a Smith Vortex installed on mine. Sounds like some lathe work may need to be paid for to change things though.

It is a damn shame when these, "rocket scientists" reinvent the wheel and we can't have parts commonality. Pisses me off.