PDA

View Full Version : Steyr Aug A3 " Production has Ended "

The Verminator
January 03, 2011, 13:37
With 2000 Steyr Augs made should be interesting what will happen to the bullpup market. MSAR has flooded the market and is currently not producing rifles. Dealers are getting rid of early models for about $1000 and the E4 has gone up a little. No more optics from the factory also. Will MSAR go belly up?

V

sturmgrenadiere
January 03, 2011, 15:14
I thought the run was 3000 A3's, but I may be wrong. But seems no shortage of them on gunbroker or other boards. If I didn't have an A1 and a USR turned A2, I might have grabbed one. I sold my STG-556 out of preference for the real thing.

Who knows what MSAR will do. There was so much he said she said on some AUG boards about them it got to the point of ridiculous.

The Verminator
January 03, 2011, 16:12
My understanding is the Steyr had made a commitment for 3000 but stopped at around 2000. Steyr states that this is "temporary due to the economy".

I'd be surprised if they come back, the bullpup market is limited IMO.

More info at augusa for those interested.

V

IC
January 03, 2011, 21:29
Preban AUG,s are as close as you get to a true Austrian, receivers are made of proven tough diecast stamped alloys, other parts were military milspec. I wonder what the durability of the USA Sabre Defence AUG ? .

My self i would go with a proven military Steyr AUG.

C2A1
January 04, 2011, 11:28
I was told by a factory rep that Steyer (Saber) will make another run of A3s in late March.

C2A1
January 04, 2011, 11:32
Sabre. Sorry.