PDA

View Full Version : Editing my Ignore list with a mod on it

tuck0411
December 30, 2010, 18:09
So, I'm trying to remove one of the individuals on my Ignore list, however, since I've also got someone on the list who is a mod (added before he became a mod), it says I can't add a mod to my list, never mind the fact he's already there and that's not what I'm trying to do. In other words, I apparently can't make any change to the list as long as he's there. I'm not inclined to remove him since he's still an ass, so how do I go about removing the other guy?

AndyC
January 01, 2011, 11:24
Lemme ask Gary and Jen for you down in the Mods' Lounge and see what they can do.

gunplumber
January 01, 2011, 11:44
Yeah - there is a particular so-called "moderator" who is such a destructive influence to this site that I'd like to have him on ignore too. But I can't screen out his vile, disgusting, filth because he's a so-called mod. What he is, is a vulgar joke and an embarrassment to the files. If everyone could just put him on ignore, he'd disappear into the obscurity he deserves.

splattermatic
January 01, 2011, 11:52
not sure if it works but,
i clicked on my "user cp" box up top of the screen, and in another box that appears, is an edit ignore list. mine just says enter the name.

it's worth a comment shot, to help.

tuck0411
January 01, 2011, 14:24
Originally posted by splattermatic
not sure if it works but,
i clicked on my "user cp" box up top of the screen, and in another box that appears, is an edit ignore list. mine just says enter the name.

it's worth a comment shot, to help.

Yep, that's what I did. Deleted the name of the guy I want removed and pressed the "Edit list" button, then I get a message saying "Sorry <name of numbnuts mod> is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her." Never mind what I'm trying to do has nothing to do with the mod...

toolman5256
January 01, 2011, 14:40
would you rather have somone who will ban at the near thought of breaking the rules? thats one of the things i like about this forum. all of the mods are fairly laid back. there are plenty of other forums if you want uptight anal probers to run it. its a big net might i invite you to look around, to find the one that puckers your sphincter

tuck0411
January 01, 2011, 17:40
Originally posted by toolman5256
would you rather have somone who will ban at the near thought of breaking the rules? thats one of the things i like about this forum. all of the mods are fairly laid back. there are plenty of other forums if you want uptight anal probers to run it. its a big net might i invite you to look around, to find the one that puckers your sphincter

Excuse me? If I had been looking for advice on better forums than this one, I would have asked for it. I might invite you to review my first post in this thread if you can't remember what it was I was asking about.

splattermatic
January 01, 2011, 18:42
tis not in the powers invested in me, sorry, can't help ya.

tuck0411
January 01, 2011, 18:53
Originally posted by splattermatic
tis not in the powers invested in me, sorry, can't help ya.

Thanks for trying.

toolman5256
January 02, 2011, 16:21
Originally posted by tuck0411

Excuse me? If I had been looking for advice on better forums than this one, I would have asked for it. I might invite you to review my first post in this thread if you can't remember what it was I was asking about.

sorry my mistake. i was speaking to gunplumber, i thought i had quoted him .

AndyC
January 10, 2011, 03:51
Well, the word so far is... nobody seems to know how to resolve this weird issue - apart from the obvious suggestion of removing whichever mod you have on ignore first, but you've said you don't want to do it that way....

So I've run it up the flagpole to Jen - we'll see what she says when she answers.

tuck0411
January 10, 2011, 10:34
Thanks, Andy. Nah, I would prefer leaving the guy on Ignore over removing the other guy, so unless Jen has an idea, I guess I'll stick with the status quo.