PDA

View Full Version : My CZ Xmas gift to myself

dwarmbrodt
December 27, 2010, 16:18
I had to do it. Ordered myself a CZ75 Cold War Commemorative. 999 made. Engraved with red star, hammer & sickle and cyrilic lettering. Note serial number starts with CCCP.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/fal76251/cccp.jpg

Ssarge
December 27, 2010, 16:47
When I was in Germany in the early '80s Frankonia had CZ 75s nib for 250 DM or about $125 at the time. Problem was you could not bring the Commie gun back to the states at the time. A very nice CZ!

splattermatic
December 27, 2010, 18:07
Ssarge,
where were you at during that time.
i was in bad toltz and augsburg.
did you hunt over there ?
i did, and noone asked me what i was bringing home.
with a german hunting license you could buy guns on the economy.

i am liking that commie marked cz tho.

Blackmore
December 27, 2010, 18:19
Given the Prague spring of 1968, I find the pistol's markings ironic. Then again, the Czechs probably did it with a sly smile and will laugh all the way to the bank as they sell like hotcakes without a penny to Putin or Medvedev.

Andy the Aussie
December 27, 2010, 18:25
Nice Doug, I have had a soft spot cor CZ handguns since the 80s...they were big here as there were no import restrictions.

Andy

splattermatic
December 27, 2010, 18:45
can't verify this.
but searched cz75's and read where pre b's are going for about 1k !
and mags are 75 bucks each/

is this true ?

dwarmbrodt
December 27, 2010, 19:02
Wow, that seems high. Last pre B I saw was around 700. This Cold War model was to have the pre B style trigger guard, but this was probably cheaper for CZ to do.

indy_Muaddib
December 27, 2010, 19:24
mine was $550 and i got ahold of 2 mags for $85 shipped.

http://www.papercut.mercenariesguild.net/Guns%20stuff/pix519919125.jpg

now if you get a early short rail with matching mags thats going to be well over $1000

Ssarge
December 27, 2010, 21:00
Originally posted by splattermatic
Ssarge,
where were you at during that time.
i was in bad toltz and augsburg.
did you hunt over there ?
i did, and noone asked me what i was bringing home.
with a german hunting license you could buy guns on the economy.

i am liking that commie marked cz tho.

Splat I was at Daley barracks Bad Kissingen with second squadron 11th ACR. Between border duty and regular FTX I only got to do skeet and trap no hunting though a lot was done in the area. I was there from Jan. '80 until Jun.'82.

splattermatic
December 27, 2010, 21:11
ahhh,
i was there from march 81 to dec 85.
miss it.

kmurphy
December 27, 2010, 23:00
I was looking for one last weekend. I was at the gunshow and I actually had cash for one. Figures I did not see one.

Ssarge
December 28, 2010, 00:12
I miss the friends, the gasthaus I lived at and the superb Karmaliter Brau beer. I was selected to go to Bad Tolz as a tac at PNCOC but we were short tank commanders so that fell through.

CTW
December 28, 2010, 00:44
That is nice. I really like my CZ. I paid 289 for it at a gunshow in the late 90's. There was a european guy that would have crate's of military contract handgun's at bargain prices. I stripped about 6-7 of them to look at them and selected this one. It has become one of my favorite pistol's.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/cwade550/flashhider002.jpg

nightschneider
December 29, 2010, 00:02
i'm not usually too taken by commemoratives, but that is just cool.

subtle and classy...just a damn cool gun.

and you know it will shoot damn well...haven't seen a CZ that didn't yet.

WJ-Polish Guy
December 29, 2010, 08:18
Originally posted by CTW
That is nice. I really like my CZ. I paid 289 for it at a gunshow in the late 90's. There was a european guy that would have crate's of military contract handgun's at bargain prices. I stripped about 6-7 of them to look at them and selected this one. It has become one of my favorite pistol's.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/cwade550/flashhider002.jpg

Yeah, he was thehGerman. I never catch him selling CZ75Bs from the crates tho. Saw CZ52s, Makarovs and FEGs and etc. I miss this guy deals.

DYNOMIKE
December 29, 2010, 09:38
Iv'e seen that guy a number of times as well but never saw him with CZ-75's.
Seen him with 82's, 52's, & such but never 75's.. If I ever do though I'll be sure to look closely.

dwarmbrodt is this your first 75?
If so you will become quite fond of the pistol s they are indeed excellent..
Of course if this isn't your first you already know that...

Iv'e become quite smitten with these pistols, they are fantastic shooters, natural pointers, and very well built.. If you havn't already done so I would suggest serious consideration be given the KADET Upper .22 conversion. These too are extremely well built, function perfectly, and will surely impress with their accuracy.

Nice pistol ya got there, congrats.. :beer:

dwarmbrodt
December 29, 2010, 13:01
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DYNOMIKE
dwarmbrodt is this your first 75?
If so you will become quite fond of the pistol s they are indeed excellent..
Of course if this isn't your first you already know that...

Iv'e become quite smitten with these pistols, they are fantastic shooters, natural pointers, and very well built.. If you havn't already done so I would suggest serious consideration be given the KADET Upper .22 conversion. These too are extremely well built, function perfectly, and will surely impress with their accuracy.

Nice pistol ya got there, congrats.. :beer: [/QUOTE

Oh, I got several.... I am the CZ factory rep up here in the northeast!

dwarmbrodt
December 29, 2010, 13:06
Not to hijack my own thread, but since you brought up Kadets, here is a Kadet upper with a very unique CZ branded dot sight.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/fal76251/75dot.jpg

Andy the Aussie
December 29, 2010, 17:11
Doug.....NICE....!!!!!! I mount a red dot (errrr MUCH bigger than that one ;) ) on my S&W M41 from time to time. It is a great fun little pistol for bouncing things around the range..!!!!!!!

DYNOMIKE
December 29, 2010, 18:09
That's kick ass!
I really like the set-up, and also think the grips are sweet....

Man, If'n I had your Job I'd never have any $$..
I want another one really bad, maybe this year I'll treat myself... Have you shot the .45 yet, or should I say are they out there?

My first was the OMEGA 75.. "SO FAR" it has been 100% and I hope that some of the neg comments I read on the CZ forums were rare examples and limited to a few pistols?
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/P4190703.jpg

Then I found this on the files and had to have it.. :biggrin:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/CZ75B.jpg

Somewhere in between I bought the KADET upper and couldn't be more pleased:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/P6200091.jpg

masman
December 29, 2010, 19:12
very sweet. i'm not a handgun kinda guy but the CZ-75 is on my short list of firearms. it just feels right in my hands.

dwarmbrodt
December 29, 2010, 19:54
Mike,

Yes, I am always broke....
By .45 do you mean the Dan Wesson? Those are way too rich for my blood, besides they usually sell out every year. the ones I do shoot are fantastic.
The Omega 75 you refer to is what? Omega is now the name of the new trigger system. Less parts, but at first only available in their polymer framed Duty (yech) pistol.
Here is a pic of my CZ pistol collection. Standard 75 (Turkish Police overrun), the Cold War model, P-01 (NSN number on side) and a Phantom (only polymer frame gun I care to own).
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/fal76251/czcoll.jpg

DYNOMIKE
December 29, 2010, 20:45
NICE group shot there Bud. :beer:
I can see why your always broke.. :tongue:

Yea the Omega trigger is what I meant.. It had read a few mixed reviews on the CZ Forums but most seemed positive.. I like the trigger very much and was hoping it wouldn't be an issue..

If the .45 is made by Wesson I didn't know that? I "thought" I read somewhere that CZ was making or gong to make a .45 but I could be mistaken..

I don't know what I would get next but I know I really like the .40 and the .9mm.. Maybe the 9 in that green 2-tone?

dwarmbrodt
December 29, 2010, 21:21
If you are talking about the 1911 45 yes dan Wesson makes it. Right here in NY. CZ bought DW years ago, but isnt "messing" with them.

DYNOMIKE
December 29, 2010, 21:53
Ohhh, I see.. Well then that explains a lot, guess I'm behind on the CZ Scoop..
Do you rep the entire CZ line-up?
If so what is "the" CZ Bolt gun in .308? That is of course if they are making/importing them?

I understand the CZ bolts guns are very nice and the .22's are excellent, is that true?

dwarmbrodt
December 29, 2010, 22:06
The 308 is available in the 550 series. All centerfire rifles have single set triggers. Controled feed mauser actions.
Rimfires, outstanding shooters and I sell boatloads of them.

DYNOMIKE
December 29, 2010, 22:08
I hate to muddy up your thread, mebe I should start another? Better yet I 'll shoot ya a PM for more details..

Andy the Aussie
December 29, 2010, 22:14
Brno (never heard of a CZ rifle here till the 90s ;) ) has always made a fine rifle, the Fox in .222 or .223 is one of my favorites and I am in the market for a secondhand .223 just now (as a gift). And out here the Mod 2 is the quintessential .22 bolt rifle... mine (an 83 model) is a tack driver and handy as hell with the 16 (and a little) inches of barrel I gave it .. :biggrin:

I always regret not getting a .375 or .458 win Brno in the 80s... :cry:

Jailguard
December 29, 2010, 22:17
Mike is talking about the cz 97

warden
December 30, 2010, 09:49
Gents,
I am sure you will understand. I owned too many handguns over the years. Always thought the p-35 HP was as good as it gets. Just after 9/11 I picked up a mint used CZ 75. Nice pistol, but didn't feel comfortable. A couple of years ago I stopped in to my favorite hole in the wall dealer for coffee. Looking everything over I spotted an obvious CZ that I had never seen before. He passed it to me and I never, ever in my whole life had a pistol feel so good in my hand. A quick trip home to fetch the 75 and mags, return and went home with my PCR. I love that PCR and will never part with it. Wife loves it also and If I can find a nice used one I shall get it for her. Happy New Year.
warden

dwarmbrodt
December 30, 2010, 12:43
Ahh, the PCR. If one had to only own one CZ pistol, that would be top choice. PCR... Police Czech Republic model.

warden
December 30, 2010, 13:04
Will the Kadet kit fit on my PCR frame?
warden

dwarmbrodt
December 30, 2010, 13:31
Yes.

Blackmore
December 31, 2010, 05:56
Originally posted by dwarmbrodt
Ahh, the PCR. If one had to only own one CZ pistol, that would be top choice. PCR... Police Czech Republic model.

Agreed

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Hakan_Grips_006.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Hakan_Grips_001.jpg

Hakan Pek grips.

dwarmbrodt
December 31, 2010, 08:43
Beautiful grips! Hakan is in Norway, IIRC.

DYNOMIKE
December 31, 2010, 10:00
Damn fine lookin pistol there Blackmore.. :whiskey:
I have seen his grips before they are works of art.. Looks like they fit the CZ perfectly and the color/grain is kick ass..

Do you still have his contact info? I had it before but have no idea what I did with it? Seems I checked with him way back when but IIRC he didn't respond to my E-mails..

K. Funk
January 01, 2011, 11:31
dwarmbrodt, I hate you and love you. After seeing that CZ, I ran across one on close-out. I had to buy it. Thanks to you I am out even more money than I was yesterday!! Wife may kill me, however, it will make a handsome addition to my collection.

Luv ya man!!

krf

Blackmore
January 01, 2011, 13:14
Originally posted by DYNOMIKE
Looks like they fit the CZ perfectly and the color/grain is kick ass..

Do you still have his contact info? I had it before but have no idea what I did with it? Seems I checked with him way back when but IIRC he didn't respond to my E-mails..

Mike-

It took me awhile but with persistence and patience I finally got them. He had some health troubles and has also rightly given priority to his family in the past few years, IIRC. This is the email addy I used, but it was a while ago: hakanpek@online.no

It looks like the last time he posted on the dedicated CZ forum was last May.

dwarmbrodt
January 01, 2011, 14:02
Mike,

These guys have good looking grips too.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=CZ-models

dwarmbrodt
January 01, 2011, 14:05
And of course VZ grips.

http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips

big44man
January 01, 2011, 21:32
I've had a CZ-75B in .40 S&W for a couple of years now, absolutely my most favorite pistol, without a doubt. I love the way it just seems to feel so RIGHT in my hand.

CTW
January 01, 2011, 22:49
I just noticed Wideners is advertising used CZ-75's for 389$. Thought I would post it if anyone is interested.
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000121

dwarmbrodt
January 01, 2011, 23:08
Ya know, with all the love goin' on here, CZ should have their own section in "Weapon Specific Forums" Glock, SIG and HK have their own..... just sayin'

DYNOMIKE
January 01, 2011, 23:41
Thanks for the tips and info on the Grips Gents, I was unaware that Hakan had medical issues and it's honestly been some time since I attempted comm.
As far as the VZ grips I can vouch for them as used them on my .45 build.. Most excellent grips indeed...

big44man it's interesting you mention the .40 for I too have noticed how well that pistol just works for me.. It almost seems like you have to TRY to miss.. ;)
It is easily one of my favorite pistols..

Originally posted by dwarmbrodt
Ya know, with all the love goin' on here, CZ should have their own section in "Weapon Specific Forums" Glock, SIG and HK have their own..... just sayin'

I think that's a great idea.... :beer:
IMHO the CZ Pistols (and other products) are an extremely good value with fit and finish rivaling if not exceding pistols costing much more.. I take mine with me every time I plan on hitting the pistol range..

kmurphy
January 02, 2011, 00:43
Originally posted by CTW
I just noticed Wideners is advertising used CZ-75's for 389$. Thought I would post it if anyone is interested.

Now you done got me in hot water...

dwarmbrodt
January 02, 2011, 10:07
Originally posted by CTW

These are Pre B models? Nice for collectors. Clearly made before 1994, but Wideners wont sell into NY beacause of their inability to understand NY's mag restriction law...

Brian in MN
January 03, 2011, 13:14
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail....em_id=100000121

Be aware that you may not be getting original finish on those. Still look like a great deal.

How well do the Kadet conversions run? Is there a cheaper source than CZ USA?

Wildcat
January 05, 2011, 19:42
How well do the Kadet conversions run? Is there a cheaper source than CZ USA?

I bought one a few months ago. Its likely to need some minor fitting in order to match your frame. CZ provides direction in the owner's manual on how to do this.

It does run pretty well on the cheap Federal 22s. The sights are fixed to the barrel so its quite accurate.
The weight of the kit does a good job of replicating the weight of the full bore pistol; although the balance is slightly different.

I do wish the magazines held more than 10 rounds.

Wildcat

DYNOMIKE
January 05, 2011, 20:09
The fitting is indeed very minor (if needed) but it was really easy to do and the directions did a good job of explaining everything..

This is a fantastic addition to the pistol and makes for great sub-cal (inexpensive) practice.. The quality is top shelf, accuracy is outstanding, function has been almost 100% and I say ALMOST only because I have tried a good selection of ammo to date some of which it just didn't like.. With ammo it likes function is 100%.. For awhile this set-up went with me on every single range trip.. :wink:

I also wish the Mags were diff and held more rds.. I did buy a LULA Loader that was specially modded for the KADET and it really works great..

Sgt_Gold
January 05, 2011, 21:04
The files are a very small place. I was at Darby Kaserne with the 793 MP BN in 1986. I always lusted after the CZ75, but they were going for over $800 back in CONUS, and that was IF you could find someone who would sell it to you. I have a pre 'B' CZ75 with a bunch of pre 'B' magazines. I don't think it's a short rail, but I'm gonna check when I get home. The magazines are the harderst part. Apparently the current CZ75 magazines don't work 100% of the time in the old pistols.

Brian in MN
January 06, 2011, 00:59
I have owned two pre B's. Brad @ GunThings now owns the first. I still own the second. Both guns accept my B mags just fine. Not everyone has had the same experience. Both of my pre-B guns have no import marks. No idea how to tell which pre-B's will accept current mags but if you have a pre-B it is certainly worth trying a new mag before hunting up the spendy early mags.

Brian in MN
January 06, 2011, 01:04
Originally posted by DYNOMIKE
The fitting is indeed very minor (if needed) but it was really easy to do and the directions did a good job of explaining everything..

This is a fantastic addition to the pistol and makes for great sub-cal (inexpensive) practice.. The quality is top shelf, accuracy is outstanding, function has been almost 100% and I say ALMOST only because I have tried a good selection of ammo to date some of which it just didn't like.. With ammo it likes function is 100%.. For awhile this set-up went with me on every single range trip.. :wink:

I also wish the Mags were diff and held more rds.. I did buy a LULA Loader that was specially modded for the KADET and it really works great..

Sure like your brown grip panels.

I kind of wonder if they limited them to ten for reliability concerns. Don't know how easy it is to make a mag cycle more than ten .22 LR. Much rather have two 10 round mags that work than two 20 round mags that don't.

DYNOMIKE
January 06, 2011, 08:55
Originally posted by Brian in MN

Sure like your brown grip panels.

I kind of wonder if they limited them to ten for reliability concerns. Don't know how easy it is to make a mag cycle more than ten .22 LR. Much rather have two 10 round mags that work than two 20 round mags that don't.

Thanks, glad you like those grip panels.. They came with the CZ75 in .40S&W and I really like them as too.. Not only do they look nice they also work well with no slip at all and a perfect fit for my hand.

Your prolly correct on the 10 rd .22 Mag thing, I mean really most all .22 auto pistol mags are only 10 rds. and it is most likely a reliable function thing.
All RUGER models, S&W 41/46'S, HIGH STANDARD models all have 10 rd mags as well and there was most likely a reason they did that..

Very true, I also would rather have 2-10's that function instead of a higher cap that didn't..

lawdog
January 06, 2011, 12:53
Ah, but the S&W 41 has 12 round factory mags abounding. Still a single stack, but 12 rounds nonetheless. They also work in the S&W 422/622 series.

DYNOMIKE
January 06, 2011, 14:54
News to me, guess I need to count the rounds in my 41 mags then.. Never knew they were 12?

Wildcat
January 06, 2011, 17:47
Originally posted by Brian in MN

The magazines for the CZ Kadet look a bit like a carry over from the Clinton era: half the magazine is an elaborate plastic floorplate designed to prevent dabbling with its capacity.
If the Kadet design is approximately that vintage, that may be one reason its a ten-shot item.

The mags are well constructed though. Its a magazine nested within a magazine.
The cartridges stack up in a column that -should- have allowed greater capacity had it been allowed to work for more of the length that would be available in a full length magazine tube.

Wildcat

W.E.G.
January 06, 2011, 18:19
I have a CZ AK-47.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/AK-47/90210-CZmark3.jpg

Czech kit came with stickers of pretty (American) girls.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1224157

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1224160

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1224161

Even trained a couple hundred Marines on it.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/AK-47/vucijak-usmc-1.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/AK-47/marines90210vucijak.jpg

BIG 54R
January 08, 2011, 15:38
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a broke dick cheap wad I'd have a pre "B" model:tongue: .....but since I am what I say I'll have to deal with the "B" model I do have.:wink: and admire from afar the great pre "B" model cz's.:cry:

lawdog
January 08, 2011, 19:41
Mike:

To clarify, the S&W 41 mags are available in both 10 and 12. CDNN still carries the 12 rounders new for $24.99 last time I looked.

Carolina Slim
January 17, 2011, 19:33
If you like the PCR, look at what Angus Hobdell's CZ Custom Shop in Mesa, AZ does with them-pricey but sweet:

CZ-75D PCR "Pro-Tek" Ultimate Carry CZ-75 (http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-Pro-Tek-1.aspx)

http://02b665f.netsolstores.com/images/products/detail/ProTek1.jpg

dwarmbrodt
January 17, 2011, 21:20
What timing on posting the Pro Tek pics. Not 2 hours ago Angus showed me the one being displayed at SHOT. Unbelievable! Smooth, light... just a fantastic CCW pistol.

DYNOMIKE
February 06, 2011, 09:38
Now that is a fuggin sweet lookin pistol!!
Very well thought out and executed and I like the two tone..

dwarmbrodt how long is the wait on a pistol like that?

dwarmbrodt
February 06, 2011, 11:53
I believe a few were available at SHOT, but who knows now. These come out of CZ Custom shop in Arizona, not CZ-USA directly. You would not believe how sweet it is to hold....