View Full Version : Concealed Holsters?

December 17, 2010, 20:48
Is there a holster for Glocks that you guys can recomend for concealed carry?
I am using the Kholster for now for a Glock 17 I am not sure if I like it or not. The smallest Glock I can carry is a 19 so the holster has to be at least that big.

December 17, 2010, 21:07
I have a Arizona Gun Leather IWB Hybrid, cost about $40 real nice holster.

A friend has a more expensive version and it hides a full size Glock 40 very well. Look for Arizona Gun Leather and check out the Hybrid

cetme trouble II
December 22, 2010, 17:26
I use a Comp Tac Infidel. I carry a Glock 27 with it. I also have one for my Kimber Pro carry II.

December 23, 2010, 10:19
No contest - Sidearmor all the way: http://www.sidearmor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=19

I've tried all the others and there's no comparison. Light, thin, strong, firm (adjustable) hold, well made. I can literally jump up and down on my hands and my IWB retains the gun, yet I can draw smoothly and easily - reholster too.

I've been carrying mine for years now, and still couldn't be happier.

December 27, 2010, 20:22
What kind of carry? OWB? IWB? AIWB?

January 23, 2011, 20:58
Sorry if I am a bit late on this thread, but I and my brother both carry full sized Glocks and 1911s comfortably and concealed (and at 6'0, 145lbs, that's not an easy feat) in Brommeland holsters. They're a little costlier than some mentioned here, but they are worth every cent.

And no, I'm not paid to say this, I'm just a happy customer.

My $0.02

Timber Wolf
January 25, 2011, 11:57
I really like my Super Tucks, I currently carry a XDsc in one and previously toted a G27 in another for several months before swapping my carry piece. I still have my nice broken in horsehide Super Tuck though as I am eyeing a new Gen 4 G23 as my next carry option. The Kholster looks clunky and stiff although I have never held or tried one. My current cowhide Super Tuck is OK but if doing it over I would stick with horse, it sure broke in nice and the cow is still pretty stiff although I have not carried/sweated into it as much as I did the horse.

February 06, 2011, 16:02
I just use the Fobus GL2. It is fast and light weight. Cheap, too, but that was not what sold it to me.

February 07, 2011, 21:50

Comptac Minitour

February 07, 2011, 23:17
What is this OBSESSION with people wearing holsters INSIDE THEIR PANTS???

Am I some sort of wild west throwback for wearing a holster hanging on my belt OUTSIDE MY PANTS?

I've been carrying full-size Glocks for years with a simple FOBUS paddle holster. I have leather holsters that thread onto the belt too. But the paddle holster works just fine, and I don't have to buy all my pants in sizes so big that they fall off my ass when I'm not carrying a gun.

Cover garment hides it, and without the holster digging into my scrotum.

February 08, 2011, 15:11
i use both outside and inside.

inside works good because the outline of the pants is on the outside of the handgun, therefore making a more natural outline.

also, inside works well as the pants help hold it in place, and makes a nice tight fit.

lately i've been using this from blackhawk. it also works/feels great and stays hidden plenty well.

February 08, 2011, 16:01
This holster has been serving me well since 1984.

February 08, 2011, 16:07
but more this since 2004

February 28, 2011, 21:48
i use a cheap uncle mikes iwb soft holster the first one lasted 10 years of constant carry before the felt started to contaminate my gun so i bought another one

March 15, 2011, 05:40
Some people like the crossbreed supertuck holsters, but I didn't care for it and will probably end up selling it. Several people recommended a Kramer IWB number 2 or 3, and so I ordered one and should have one in a few weeks.

March 20, 2011, 11:09
I personaly us the Minitour MTAC that I bought from Comp-Tac, and I love this hybride IWB holster. I evan use this holster when I am at work and am encoraged to carry openly, by the boss. :) :) It is good to be a gunsmith, I get to bring my gun and my dog to work. :) :) So at work no cover shirt, but on the way to work and back I do cover the gun up most of the time. This holster holds the gun tight to my boddy which is one of the things I like so much, that and if I need to secure the gun in a lock box while I run in to the post ofice to get my mail, I can leave the holster on with no concern of crushing the spring steel liner of the millt sparks summer special I used to use. Also the next time I change guns ( to brodden my experiance ) I don't have to buy a hole new holster just a new poylemer half shell for abought 1/2 what I payed for the holster. I got the fitted model for my Glock 23 as oposed to the slide moddel, because I wanted the end of the gun covered by the holster.

March 31, 2011, 21:01
OWB holsters awesome for hunting, but if you are seen carrying a gun in TX, you get yer carry permit yanked. This means all guns must be well hidden.

For IWB, I think by the far the best choice is FIST. Basically a nearly paper thin Kydex holster. If you can imagine wrapping the gun in heavy construction paper, that is how thick it is---no bigger or thicker than tucking the gun in with no holster at all.

Decent retention. They only last two or three years before they crack but by far the most concealable holster I have ever seen or heard of. Only downside is they custom make each one, so it takes a month or so. But they're only $50.

Should point out that I am lazy and unwilling to change my wardrobe to carry a gun, and often carry in jeans a t shirt, or shorts, flip flops, a t-shirt, etc.