PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 G23? XDMsc? SR40C?

Timber Wolf
December 16, 2010, 12:47
Anybody have one and wring it out yet? I see them around and available on-line and am considering plunking down the tariff for one but am still a little leary. I sold my G27 & G21 and am down to a G20 and G22 RTF that I suppose will stay around. I shot the G27 really well but never liked the feel, particuallry single-handed. I am currently packing a Springer XDsc .40 and like it but wonder if I would like the new G23 if I could change the backstrap to suit my small hand. I am going to have to find one to fondle but have they sorted out whatever the recoil spring issue was or was that just internet hear-say? A XDMsc might work too but dang Springfield for teasing me with magazine ads and then me not being able to find anything out about them. Wonder when the Ruger SR40C might be out? Yes, I am a gun whore, but I am trying not to be a cheap gun whore!

bykerhd
December 16, 2010, 20:49
If you have a small hand, you had better handle some Glocks before you plunk down the money. Worst out-of-the-box ergonomics I've seen. That I can remember.
If the grip works for YOU ? Glocks are great. If they don't, you have the grip ground up by somebody, live with it, or trade it.
I have a fairly large hand and opted to sell my Glock 19 rather than alter the gun. If the Glock doesn't fit you, try the XDm. That is the one I ended up with.

phillyray
December 16, 2010, 21:45
I prefer the 2nd gen Glocks without the "finger grooves". They seem to fit me better.

Ssarge
December 17, 2010, 13:41
Check out the S&W M&P compact, it has very good ergonomics and you can swap out the backstrap to make it fit your hand.

xdshooter
December 17, 2010, 20:35
What's wrong with the original XDsc in 9 or 40?

If you have to have the M, it seems as though they are almost here: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/12/15/springfield-xdm-3-8-compact/

Fn/form
December 17, 2010, 20:43
I'm a big fan of the Gen 4. Currently have G22 and G17 Gen 4s.

Probably going to a G26 Gen 4 when it comes out.

That said, I was impressed with the XD-M trigger.

Have you tried the M&P?

bykerhd
December 18, 2010, 00:12
The M & Ps I looked over handled quite nicely and were less expensive than the Glock and a LOT less expensive than the XDms.

Triggers on the M & Ps sucked BAD though. The first comment from the salesman was to that effect also.:uhoh: :rolleyes: He's quite outspoken sometimes, but honest.
But, I did buy the XDm after handling the Smiths. And, he had several M & Ps to look at.

I actually preferred the Glock trigger to the XDm. I just hated the "feel" of the Glock. Did I mention the Glock 19 I had shot very well also ?
Oh well. Some wallflowers at the dance are really meant to be left alone.:rolleyes:

harleypower69
December 19, 2010, 12:05
My XDM, .45ACP has great ergonomics and superb trigger reset. Keep looking for an XDM is my 2 cents. I do have a Glock 26 which is now working fine after some original break-in issues. I like the little Glock but find in a larger caliber that the XDM's are a more comfortable and natural fit.

Chris

Timber Wolf
December 20, 2010, 16:23
Have a Bud harrassing me to find a G19 to trade him for his Colt Lightweight Commander. If he will agree to a Gen4 G19 I might just order one up and shoot it before I swap him and then I will know if I like the feel. Might even fall in love with the 19 and decide that a pistol that does not start with a "4" is enough caliber after all.:eek: I do need to confess that I have, like, and shoot very well (for me) an XDM 3.8. In fact, since the XDsc became my CCW the 3.8 became my nightstand gun (replaced a G22 RTF2). That is why I kind of want a XDMsc so the mags would interchange with my 3.8. Same story with the Gen 4 G23 and my G22 RTF2. I like the feel of the RTF2 MUCH better than the standard Gen 3 G22 I had for a short while (traded it even across for the G27 that is now gone). That is why I think I would like the Gen4 grip even better. Would like to find a M&P to wring out, and a SR40C. Another Bud has a SR9 that I like the feel of OK but I have not shot it any although he likes it.

lowr8
December 28, 2010, 00:10
i have a gen2 G19
does anyone around here prefer the older model?
you never know...