PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Choate 10/22 folding stock

buckshot007
December 01, 2010, 15:38
I'm considering buying a Choate 10/22 folding stock. Has anyone used one and how do they compare with other brands?

I'll be interested in buying one if anyone has one for sale on here.

If you do please PM me.

MK ULTRA
December 03, 2010, 13:19
I love mine. Had it for over 5 years. I also have two for SKS's. Make a great back pack or suit case gun.

Doesn't Choate sell them anymore??

catmguy445
December 04, 2010, 12:25
I've had a Choate 10/22 folder and something called a Black Warrior folder, which is almost ideantical to the Ram-Line 10/22 folder, and both of them work well, although I like the design on the Choate a little better. I just looked up where to buy Choate 10/22 stocks, and about half a dozen places on the internet are selling them. Just google Choate stocks and you should get several places that are selling them. The going rate for the blued 10/22 folder seems to be $106, except for some place named TJ General Store, whose prices are ridiculously overpriced, and Brownell's, who are usually a little higher than most other places. You can even buy it from Choate for $106. They also make a stainless steel version for $15 more, if you're into stainless steel. Both of mine are blued, and I've had one for about 20 years and the other one for five or six years, and neither one has had any rust problems.

buckshot007
December 05, 2010, 11:41
Thanks for the feedback. I just thought I'd get some reviews before I commit to buying one.

MK ULTRA
December 08, 2010, 13:48
I just called a place I bought one from several years ago that had the best prices I could find.

Price NOW for a black 10-22 Choate stock is $70 + $10-15 shiping with USPS from Jonesboro Ark .

But if you are still in Europe thats probably not an option.

If anybody wants their number PM me and I'll send it to you. They have other other model choate stocks too.

Looks like they still have the best prices.