PDA

View Full Version : Russia's FSB targets wikiLeaks

wyatt earp
November 30, 2010, 16:47
It gets better and better.......

Philip Shenon Philip Shenon – Tue Nov 30, 12:07 pm ET

NEW YORK – As U.S. officials struggle to control damage from the secret cables, Russia is planning to block a similar dump about the Kremlin. And they will be ruthless, Philip Shenon reports.

American intelligence and law-enforcement agencies, outraged by their inability to stop WikiLeaks and its release this week of hundreds of thousands of sensitive U.S. diplomatic cables, are convinced that the whistleblowing website is about to come up against an adversary that will stop at nothing to shut it down: the Russian government.

National-security officials say that the National Security Agency, the U.S. government’s eavesdropping agency, has already picked up tell-tale electronic evidence that WikiLeaks is under close surveillance by the Russian FSB, that country’s domestic spy network, out of fear in Moscow that WikiLeaks is prepared to release damaging personal information about Kremlin leaders.

“We may not have been able to stop WikiLeaks so far, and it’s been frustrating,” a U.S. law-enforcement official tells The Daily Beast. “The Russians play by different rules.” He said that if WikiLeaks and its founder, Julian Assange, follow through on threats to post highly embarrassing information about the Russian government and what is assumed to be massive corruption among its leaders, “the Russians will be ruthless in stopping WikiLeaks.”

FSB targets Wikileaks (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-11-30/moscows-bid-to-blow-up-wikileaks-russians-play-by-different-rules/?cid=hp:mainpromo2)

renaissance_warrior
November 30, 2010, 16:54
I'll bet that would be interesting reading, comrade. Lots and lots of dirt in there I'd guess.

Eric Bryant
November 30, 2010, 18:09
Anyone starting a pool as to how long before Julian Assange is found in a hotel room with a 0.22" hole in the back of his head? I really can't see things ending well for him - he has pissed off some very powerful (and lethal) people.

Powderfinger
November 30, 2010, 18:37
I'm thinking ricin filled pellets in the tip of an umbrella.

chet
November 30, 2010, 18:38
Originally posted by Eric Bryant
Anyone starting a pool as to how long before Julian Assange is found in a hotel room with a 0.22" hole in the back of his head? I really can't see things ending well for him - he has pissed off some very powerful (and lethal) people.
If it is the FSB, it'll be .214 :shades:
5.45x18 PSM (http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/psm.htm)

Beckman
November 30, 2010, 18:50
One of many:

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f10/80814d1249623850-lenin-trotsky-stalin-dead-pics-trotsky-dead.jpg

L Haney
November 30, 2010, 19:04
Originally posted by Eric Bryant
- he has pissed off some very powerful (and lethal) people.

Amen, brother. He was golden screwin' with national governments. The he threatened the banks and pharma. He's a goner.

molotov
November 30, 2010, 19:15
Pray for his safety. It is important that this information is released.

I forsee more computer hacking and possibly a special strike team on wikileaks Iceland compound.

The man always hates a person who knows more than them.

hagar
November 30, 2010, 19:24
Originally posted by Powderfinger
I'm thinking ricin filled pellets in the tip of an umbrella.

I agree on the ricin, 22's is used by Mossad (and the mob). Has he pissed them off yet?:beer:

L Haney
November 30, 2010, 19:35
Originally posted by molotov

The man always hates a person who knows more than them.

All these voluminous "documents" are the barest hints of the coat tails of the "smoking man" leaving the room. Minor, very minor embarrassments. If it really went past that, there would be a most unfortunate airliner crash on somebody's house. BEFORE anything came out. These people don't play that shit.

SWOHFAL
November 30, 2010, 20:01
Originally posted by chet

If it is the FSB, it'll be .214 :shades:
5.45x18 PSM (http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/psm.htm)

Why make it obvious?

renaissance_warrior
November 30, 2010, 20:28
The infrastructure over there is pretty old, especially natural gas lines. In his neighborhood they are over 100 years old I have heard. :shades:

L Haney
November 30, 2010, 20:32
Originally posted by renaissance_warrior
The infrastructure over there is pretty old, especially natural gas lines. In his neighborhood they are over 100 years old I have heard. :shades:

Got some I ride herd on buried in 1929. They still doing fine.

renaissance_warrior
November 30, 2010, 20:34
I was speaking as a KGB propaganda blame-shifter. :shades:

Raspeguy
November 30, 2010, 22:04
Assuming Wikileaks isn't a ploy to provide excuse for ultimately tightening control of the internet, Assange has got more balls than any one of our patriot "activists" who will likely remain pivoting at the keyboard when they plant me in the ground. Or have I overlooked someone?

Ricketts
November 30, 2010, 22:20
Originally posted by SWOHFAL

Why make it obvious?

Because it would then send a message that Russia has the stones to do something the US (Obama) won't.

Bama Steve
November 30, 2010, 22:55
Originally posted by L Haney

Got some I ride herd on buried in 1929. They still doing fine.

Glad to hear but I think the issue lies with the lack of automatic pilot ignitions.

Use your considerable imagination here . . .

easttex
December 01, 2010, 00:42
Cripes...its not like we don't still have some highly skilled individuals on the payroll. WTH hasn't Assange had an "accident" already? Afterall, he's giving the One and Lady Reptilian a black eye - I didn't think Obama would tolerate this much competition for headlines.

...I guess he is that big a wuss.

alant
December 01, 2010, 05:45
Iceland has volcanoes. He could get a close up tour, they needn't ever find his body. But I'd bet on the old 9mm brain hemorrhage.

molotov
December 01, 2010, 08:48
All these voluminous "documents" are the barest hints of the coat tails of the "smoking man" leaving the room. Minor, very minor embarrassments. If it really went past that, there would be a most unfortunate airliner crash on somebody's house. BEFORE anything came out. These people don't play that shit.

Which is why they need to be exposed as the murderous scum they are.

The underbelly of the beast is finally about to be exposed and we have a bunch of guys hoping Assange gets popped. And then back to their regularly scheduled bitching about the government.....

chet
December 01, 2010, 08:48
Originally posted by Ricketts

Because it would then send a message that Russia has the stones to do something the US (Obama) won't.

That and the Russians got panache too:

http://www.russianballer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/russiancowboy.jpg

V guy
December 01, 2010, 12:08
Itis illegal to steal the documents as the gay man "on ice" did, but it is not illegal for the NYTimes to publish the documents.

That is the difference between our Constitution and Russia's.

In Russia it is quite legal to steal the USA's stuff, but NOT to publish it.

Assange, is most assuredly, a very worried man.

Eric Bryant
December 01, 2010, 22:47
Originally posted by molotov
The underbelly of the beast is finally about to be exposed and we have a bunch of guys hoping Assange gets popped. And then back to their regularly scheduled bitching about the government.....

Just to be clear - I in no way want to see harm come to Assange (especially not if he has the TBTF banks in his sights). But common sense would lead anyone to believe that his actions are not conducive to a long and healthy life.