PDA

View Full Version : China freighter hijacked by skinnies, outcome?

renaissance_warrior
November 13, 2010, 20:37
Well let's see if they emulate the Russkies. My bet is yes, with change to spare.

Chinese freighter hijacked in Arabian Sea

BEIJING, Nov. 13 (UPI) -- A Chinese-owned freighter with 29 sailors on aboard has been captured by pirates in the Arabian Sea, officials said Saturday.

The China Marine Rescue Center said the Yuan Xiang was reported hijacked by its owner Friday night, Xinhua, the official government news agency, reported. The agency said it had been unable to contact the pirates, but they told the Ningbo Hongyuan Ship Management Co. the vessel was proceeding to Somalia.

The Yuan Xiang is registered in Panama.

Somali pirates, originally fishermen who began hijacking vessels close to their own shores, have been expanding their activities into the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.

Sig220
November 13, 2010, 21:40
Naa, they don't have the skills. Plus the skinnys just released another Chinese ship after the ransom was made by the owner....not the govt.

So, I don't give them much chance of doing anything other then a ransom.

Shootability
November 13, 2010, 21:43
Chinese just make more - cheap labor.

WarriorPoet
November 13, 2010, 21:49
The Chicom govt, not really concerned about body counts (they've got plenty to spare and didn't mind starving/executin 10 million + during their glorious cultural revolution and popping some college kids in Tienanmen Square) will use this as a freebie live-fire exercise..... Friendly fire be damned.

So says I :)

-WP

renaissance_warrior
November 13, 2010, 21:54
Ok, I agree. Russkies care more, at least lately after Stalin, Chinese just make more.

2barearms
November 13, 2010, 22:15
The price isn't high enough for them to stop. The western world operates on
on a different system, they have our number. There isn't much to fear for them
except death and it should be given to them in spades. I would start with some
daily strafing runs along the coastal areas with some 7.62 machine gun fire and
some napalm:biggrin: We've got these emaciated pieces of crap at every parking
garage in Houston, people complain about the mexicans here but the reality is the
decent jobs at the low end have been grabbed up by the Nigerians, Ethiopians,
Somali's, Paki's and Indians and we can't just send them home.

alant
November 13, 2010, 22:18
Chinese ransom is not about the crew, it's about the ship and cargo. Until pirates start getting lit up by their prey this is going to continue.

Alternately, a few napalm strikes on hostage taking villages would send a clear message.

2barearms
November 13, 2010, 23:36
Originally posted by alant
Chinese ransom is not about the crew, it's about the ship and cargo. Until pirates start getting lit up by their prey this is going to continue.

Alternately, a few napalm strikes on hostage taking villages would send a clear message.

Imagine you agreeing with me:D

torquemada055
November 14, 2010, 00:53
Heads on pikes, bodies wrapped in pigskins.....village reduced to ashes..

ftierson
November 14, 2010, 02:19
The Chinese have been working very hard on their navy, and making great strides...

I think that we'll see something happen... :)

Forrest