PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEAL smuggles 80 AK47s and other guns

def90
November 04, 2010, 20:24
Was caught trying to sell them to Mexican cartel members, or so he thought.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101104/ap_on_re_us/us_weapons_smuggling_navy_seal

L Haney
November 04, 2010, 20:46
"The complaint cited text message and bank records, and said at least one sale involved 10 AK-47 rifles for $1,300 each, and six handguns at $300 apiece."

Well, if true, he's an idiot. He's selling below the legal market. Maybe nobody (the ATF) told him prices are HIGHER on the black market.

Stranger
November 04, 2010, 20:48
I wonder if this means I won't get that deposit back.... :tongue:

wyatt earp
November 04, 2010, 20:49
He apparently got confused between govt. sanctioned killing vs private organizational violence....the Mexican cartel. He was...is an idiot.

EricCartmanR1
November 04, 2010, 20:58
Reminds me of the movie American Gangster.

They also found "Night Vision Equipment" in that one guys house. Why don't they ever say "Twinkies were also found in the home"?

L Haney
November 04, 2010, 20:59
Originally posted by Stranger
I wonder if this means I won't get that deposit back.... :tongue:

Whadda' you got at risk with these guys, 10 bucks?

SWOHFAL
November 05, 2010, 00:25
At least he won't be anyone's girlfriend in the joint. I bet he will go work for the cartels when this is all over, since he does have the combination of skills and lack of scruples they need - much better than working at BK as a convicted felon.

gates
November 05, 2010, 00:46
dumb - same as trading grenades for beer or selling Raufoss for $15/rd - these guys go through HELL to get there and do THIS?

BUFF
November 05, 2010, 04:02
And here I thought Andy Kaufamn was dead?!?!

Deltaten
November 05, 2010, 07:51
And they got pinged by a CI trading out/up on a domestic beef??

Might not make the Darwin Awards; but the theory still applies. Was it Franklin that said;" Three men can keep a secret....IF two of 'em are dead" ???

'Sides.... ev1 knows ya don;t sell those gunz. Ya bury 'em in the desert sommeres ta use during the Apocolypse! ;)

martin35
November 05, 2010, 08:37
More than half a ton of smuggled lethal contraband (how big are seabags today?)from Iraq gives me less confidence in my government and this event speaks to the level of trust and regard we place in our service members and now a betrayal of that trust by Bickle. Mucho slammer time is called for and loss of all atta boys.

JohnnyV1966
November 05, 2010, 08:55
In some ways this is a tradgedy. Many moons ago one could bring home "War Trophys"firearms inclusive. There are also Constitutional Second Amendment issues which need consideration.

If what the ATF says is true, these guys would be criminals even with Second Amendment considerations, as they sought to furnish firearms to a criminal organization with a penchant for violence .

Perhaps after serving as a SEAL, this guy actually thought that being part of the Armed Forces was akin to being a "Made Guy" in the Mafia.

Raspeguy
November 05, 2010, 10:06
While this guy gets banged for dealing guns to a (cartel), how conveniently is glossed over the financial support the dope addicted segment of the American public contributes to these drug scums which makes the present situation all possible. It would be amusing, if it wasn't so tragic.

gunplumber
November 05, 2010, 10:10
Originally posted by Deltaten
And they got pinged by a CI trading out/up on a domestic beef??

Might not make the Darwin Awards; but the theory still applies. Was it Franklin that said;" Three men can keep a secret....IF two of 'em are dead" ???

'Sides.... ev1 knows ya don;t sell those gunz. Ya bury 'em in the desert sommeres ta use during the Apocolypse! ;)

+1

your super duper blood brother will sell you out to shave 30 days off his own sentence.

1. Refrain from gun smuggling or
2. Have no co-conspirators.

And the irony is, he probably could have torch-cut the receivers, and sold them to collectors for the same price.

superjc
November 05, 2010, 16:05
"The investigation began on tip from a confidential informant who faced felony battery domestic violence and robbery charges in Nevada and is cooperating with authorities"

Sounds like someone who was OFFERED a sale and refused (or he'd also be indicted for owning an illegal MG) was "downtown" facing domestic battery charges, and in an effort to save his own ass, said "hey I know about a guy selling machine guns I'll tell you what I know if you are lenient".

Yeah, what Mark said...

JasonB
November 05, 2010, 16:24
Originally posted by Raspeguy
While this guy gets banged for dealing guns to a (cartel), how conveniently is glossed over the financial support the dope addicted segment of the American public contributes to these drug scums which makes the present situation all possible. It would be amusing, if it wasn't so tragic.

Legalize it. You don't see Miller and Budweiser distributors in shoot outs these days.

Stranger
November 05, 2010, 16:27
Originally posted by JasonB

Legalize it. You don't see Miller and Budweiser distributors in shoot outs these days.

That is because both groups know their products aren't worth a piss. :tongue:

English Mike
November 05, 2010, 19:43

That is because both groups know their products are piss. :tongue:

FIFY:wink:

JasonB
November 05, 2010, 20:42

That is because both groups know their products aren't worth a piss. :tongue:

Pick any other alcohol producers then.

In terms of shootouts to determine market share, do you see:

1) less shootings
2) the same number of shootings
3) more shootings

these days than there occurred during prohibition?

STGThndr
November 05, 2010, 21:11
Well he deserves it, sellin to Mexicans like that. Apparently unaware that Americans need guns too...!!! A fleet of Chinese tankers delivering rifles, ammo and mags here in CONUS would be welcome so's we can fight OFF the cartels and their thugs.

FAL freek
November 05, 2010, 21:27
Something in this article just doesn't add up.

EricCartmanR1
November 05, 2010, 21:47
Why anyone shocked is beyond me. SEALS, Green Berets, and even your regular Infantry grunts have always done deals under the table.

These guys are men just like you and me (though they are 10,000% better at PT). Because they are men like you and me, that means they are capable of shadiness and corruption. They are not Elves or other form of higher beings incapable of corruption.

brunop
November 06, 2010, 00:51
In fact, the SF guys I know all say that a certain capacity to "work outside" the law is considered a plus in their line of work. The gov't trains 'em to 'trade', 'barter', 'deal', and, when necessary, 'beg, borrow, or steal'.

And it may have appeared to this fellow that the cartel is no better and/or no worse than some of our "allies"...

I don't know much about it, but like Cartman says - no surprise here.

FAL freek
November 07, 2010, 09:16
Originally posted by brunop
In fact, the SF guys I know all say that a certain capacity to "work outside" the law is considered a plus in their line of work. The gov't trains 'em to 'trade', 'barter', 'deal', and, when necessary, 'beg, borrow, or steal'.

And it may have appeared to this fellow that the cartel is no better and/or no worse than some of our "allies"...

I don't know much about it, but like Cartman says - no surprise here. Ya know there is a sizable military establishment up the road and I remember back after Gulf War I there were a good number of regular soldiers that got busted brining back illegal firearms from Iraq. This time havn't heard too much about the same issue. It ain't just the SF types that do it.