PDA

View Full Version : The Upcoming Election and the Markets.

carguym14
October 29, 2010, 21:05
What do you guys think will happen if the republicans do win quite a few seats (enough to block obama)?

Will we see a sell off in gold and silver?

A jump in stocks?

A stronger dollar?

At least temporarily until realism sets back in?

ephv
October 29, 2010, 21:32
Sheeple are sheeple for a reason- they don't like to think for themselves and analyze problems revealing consequences.

If the Dems keep control, the system will collapse under the weight of debt.

If the Repubs get control, Obama will veto everything, they will cut back spending, the system will collapse under the weight of debt.

In both cases, voters will respond (after waiting 2 years for elections) by removing Dems from office in the first case, and by removing Repubs from office in the second case.

Either way the system will collapse and voters (sheeple) will blame the party in power and not the real problem-- namely the voters. Sheeple only see two solutions because they have been conditioned to believe you vote Dem or Repub. They are sheeple, don't you know?

Government is supposed to save them so they run back and forth from one side to the other. Free people know the system must collapse to flush out the crap and rebuild on solid principles of self-reliance and responsiblilty.

It will be painful and sheeple know that shouldn't happen because the government told them so in school.

Bondage is in our future as long as we expect anything good from government. Sheeple love fences- it keeps them safe.

Eric Bryant
November 01, 2010, 08:21
Originally posted by ephv
If the Dems keep control, the system will collapse under the weight of debt.

If the Repubs get control, Obama will veto everything, they will cut back spending, the system will collapse under the weight of debt.

These two scenarios seem pretty plausible to me.

In both cases, voters will respond (after waiting 2 years for elections) by removing Dems from office in the first case, and by removing Repubs from office in the second case.

Yep. "We" saw the Repubs in '06 as being the problem (this was/is only half-correct - they are "a problem", but not "the problem"). Now, only four short years later, the Dems are on the precipice of being booted from power. If the Repubs are successful this election cycle, I think the odds are good that power will again switch hands in '12.

So the power cycles in the last 60 years have gone from four decades to a dozen years to four years. That's a fascinating trend, and one that is nearing a logical endpoint (if the present system doesn't collapse).

Either way the system will collapse and voters (sheeple) will blame the party in power and not the real problem-- namely the voters. Sheeple only see two solutions because they have been conditioned to believe you vote Dem or Repub. They are sheeple, don't you know?

I agree yet again. The powers-that-be sure found a great time to condition a few generations of sheeple - prosperity, peace, and technology has made us very complacent and all too reluctant to rock the boat.

It should be an interesting election. I care little about the actual results - it's the aftermath that should be fascinating.

Bawana jim
November 01, 2010, 09:35
There will be no real change until the people responsible are taken to court and convicted. Until the laws of this country are enforced we will have political anarchy and the parties will do as they please. If real change were comming I would by stock in Hemp Rope.

jim

gates
November 01, 2010, 10:11
For ONCE I agree with EVERYTHING EVERYONE has written in a thread - I agree - the AFTERMATH is what is going to be interesting - Mark (RW) seems to think Issa is going to go after the crooks - hope he's right.

D P Six
November 01, 2010, 13:06
The economic/social death spiral that the country finds itself in is not an achievement that can be credited to just one party. It has been a corroborative effort of both our major parties. If the Republicans return to power this November or regain total control again in 2012, life will just go on. Government spending will not be (significantly) reduced, integrity will not be brought back to the American greenback, wars to make the world safe for democracy will continue, centralized power in Washington will increase while the rights of the individual will decline. Things will improve only after a total crash, I don't think it will be pretty.

ephv
November 01, 2010, 13:47
The crash or devaluation will happen. The debt cannot be paid off and any promise to "grow our way out" is pure crap.

If they stop deficit spending right now, the economy would collapse as the entitlements would be dry and the entitlement addicts would revolt. No way the Repubs will stop deficit spending.

Our manufacturing base is gone so what is there to export of any value? We have been surviving by exporting our dollars and now they are worthless. We cannot even sell them. Walmart shelves will dry up since there is no currency of value to buy imports. WalMart shoppers will riot.

We are a net food importer. Oh, well! so much for food. The obese will be the first to riot.

The idea our meltdown will not be pretty is a tactful way of describing pure horror. We have never seen what is coming and it will be in our streets 24hrs a day.

The Watts and Rodney King free expressions will seem a fairy tale when we reach the end and the cliff is in view now.

As a late economist once said, "When you reach the end of something, it stops." Nothing else can describe what awaits us.

DABTL
November 03, 2010, 05:17
Originally posted by carguym14
What do you guys think will happen if the republicans do win quite a few seats (enough to block obama)?

Will we see a sell off in gold and silver?

A jump in stocks?

A stronger dollar?

At least temporarily until realism sets back in?

The Repubs run to the right and then do what the banksters and Wall Street want.

I spoke with a long time stock broker last week who is going back to farming. No one is buying the stuff he is selling.

The Repubs are now stuck with the coming collapse of the TBTF banks. Just the people I want handling that.:)

Dolvio
November 03, 2010, 06:13
In the past 40 years, where have the republicans shrank big gov? In the past 40 years, where have the democrats shrank illegal wars of empire? The question to both of these is nowhere. They are both funded by the same backers = Rothschilds. This has been scripted for some time. Just shearing the sheep again like they did in 1929.

*and to answer OP: No jobs = no recovery. Why would anyone give up precious metals for paper? Hyperinflation is imminent. After the shearing comes the slaughter.

gates
November 03, 2010, 09:55
Dolv - another kindred spirit:-) I think you are wrong about Hyperinflation though - I don't think it's imminent - it's the end game but we're a ways away from that point IMO-

MtnWulf
November 03, 2010, 15:41
You might want to re-think that Gates.

Bernanke just announced another $600Billion of "quantitative easing".

Inflation is already here, look at your local stores and the products. I've been checking my receipts and product size is down and price per unit is up.

It's gonna suck next year.

gates
November 03, 2010, 16:15
Yeah but durables are still deflating - on avg house prices are falling again - Ben is failing and this is his weak ass attempt at stopping it - dumbshit fails to recognise the QE money is being speculated with instead of loaned.

Dolvio
November 03, 2010, 16:36
We will have deflation (like the tide going out before a tsunami) because nobody has any cash to buy stuff so vendors lower their prices to clear inventory and then it'll be a wheelbarrow full of dollars for a loaf of bread.

*and they're not lending because the fed gives them money not to. They are holding onto cash so they can do the old "bought it for a song" routine when people are selling everything they own just to feed their families.

gates
November 03, 2010, 19:20
Dolv - they are not lending for a couple of reasons - one - there have to be two parties - a willing lender and a willing and ABLE borrower - ANOTHER thing heli didnt take into acct is DEBT SATURATION - ABLE borrowers don't WANT to borrow and willing borrowers have no capacity to service new debt - the second thing the banks are doing is borrowing from the Fed at close to ZERO and buying Ts arbitraging the spread - NO RISK - however, BB has flooded the banks with SO much liquidity they decided "HEY - lets speculate with all this free money" so, on POMO days - days when the Fed buys back the paper the primary dealers buy at the bond auctions guess what happens - the fricken stock mkt goes up 20 - 100 pts. Now the spike in soft commods is the result of BOTH a devalued $ AND speculation described above. I watch and read about this shit for 8 hours a day - for the last 3 years - pretty darn sure this is close to what is really happening.

Dolvio
November 03, 2010, 22:47
No reason to get testy. I just hope you have a stocked pantry, just in case.