gates
October 26, 2010, 15:41
Nah - just a light rain...

RG Coburn
October 26, 2010, 15:45
Originally posted by Topbanana
The sky is still falling?

Why,yes...yes it is...
http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/white-house-adviser-us-must-prepare-for-asteroid/19687765

juanni
October 26, 2010, 18:36
Originally posted by Topbanana
The sky is still falling?

No, but it might seem to be to those who's pensions will be bust when the fraud is eventually revealed or the ponzi scheme collapses. :uhoh:

Retirement in their golden years will be 8hrs on their feet as a Waddle Mart greeter.

..............juanni

DABTL
October 27, 2010, 11:40
Texas now faces a possible $24 Billion deficit in the next two years.

Pensions are on the block along with public education and police.

gates
October 27, 2010, 11:44
The chickens are finally coming home to roost Bill - you see what Bill Gross said today? the end must be close at hand if he has a public come to Jesus like that...

DABTL
October 27, 2010, 14:22
Originally posted by gates
The chickens are finally coming home to roost Bill - you see what Bill Gross said today? the end must be close at hand if he has a public come to Jesus like that...

The bond bubble is about to pop. Wall Street hopes. Begs for the pop. Then the dumb money will return to the brokerages.

gates
October 27, 2010, 14:29
I'm not so sure it goes back into equities - the mattress maybe but not the stock mkt - people know the game now...

DABTL
October 28, 2010, 06:06
Originally posted by gates
I'm not so sure it goes back into equities - the mattress maybe but not the stock mkt - people know the game now...

Sure, they do. I have not seen one single ad for a mutual fund or 401k plan in years.:rolleyes:

Wall Street is pumping the Fed to buy, buy, buy, to lower interest rates to encourage dumb money to seek a better return.

Banks should be required to pay interest, at least 2%, on deposits. Then see how much pressure there is on Wall Street.

alant
October 28, 2010, 06:42
Have you considered US Treasury I Bonds? Indexed to inflation, maximum of $5000/year per social security number.

gates
October 28, 2010, 09:27
Alant - crowded trade, they actually sold for a negative yield last week - too much demand.

kychas
October 28, 2010, 11:42
gold/silver is where I am at and getting more.

+lead and food.

2barearms
October 28, 2010, 13:05
Originally posted by DABTL
Texas now faces a possible $24 Billion deficit in the next two years.

Pensions are on the block along with public education and police.

The fact you left out is that the State Constitution requires the Legislature
to balance the Budget. That means they will have to cut services to deadbeats
and fire the lameass bureaucrats sucking up all that tax money. They will
all scream that they are entitled to take our money even if it bankrupts us.
They'll hire fewer Lawyers too:biggrin: