PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of this crap...

rowjimmy
October 24, 2010, 19:11
Here I sit in my bunker, judiciously typing away, waiting for the revolution to start or, at the very least, massive civil unrest. I'm waiting for the stock market to crash, for hyperinflation, for all kinds of shit to hit the fan...but nothing is going on and I'm getting low on MRE's. All I see is slow creeping inflation and rising energy costs accompanied with massive unemployment. Where's the bond market dislocation? When is China going to tell us to f-off? What else can I do to bide my time just waiting for something to happen? What do you guys do in your bunkers to kill time? Hang out on the files?

That is all, roger wilco, over and out.

RJ

cavegeo
October 24, 2010, 19:48
I agree with you rowjimmy. These chicken littles just seem to have a new tune every week with out ever getting tired of screem the sky is falling. Its been two years since the market crashed and it appears that it will not be another depression. We just have to get rid of Jimmy Carter II and life will return as we know it.

alant
October 24, 2010, 19:53
No one wants to be the first to start the revolution. In fact, most people don't want there to be one. Politicians likewise don't want to be the ones having the country slip into revolution on their watch, but they are also incapable of coming up with a "grand compromise" that everyone signs onto that will resolve the long term debt issues we are facing.

Having the "financial sector" pumping so much money into politics isn't helping to stiffen the backbone of Congress.

People are mad that they've done what were supposed to be "the right things" to take care of themselves only to find out the swindlers on Wall Street and in the Hedge Funds have screwed the pooch. The people are paying for the mistakes of financiers, the same financiers that are still running those firms, still collecting huge bonuses, and still putting it to the average American.

Yet one party wants to go back to pre-2008 rules on banking/oversight. Hmmm, where is all that Wall Street political money going?

gates
October 24, 2010, 20:00
Bro - for those of us that actually still dick around in the mkts - the old saying - "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent" has never been more true than right now - I.E. - Denninger, Russell, Faber, Celente, McHugh and a WHOLE host of other REALLY smart REALLY experienced fukers underestimated how far the can could be kicked - virtually EVERYONE counted on BONDzilla to stomp this B.S. - NO ONE thought the Fed would become the SOLE buyer! NO ONE! the thing that I THINK will stop BB and initiate the Ka- boom is commod prices but who the hell knows at this point...

Texas Jaguar
October 25, 2010, 01:35
Are you begining to feel like one of the two buzzards sitting in the top of a tree? Your ready to say to the other vulture; "Patients my ass. I'm going to kill something"!

TheJokker
October 25, 2010, 06:38
Originally posted by gates
Bro - for those of us that actually still dick around in the mkts - the old saying - "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent" has never been more true than right now - I.E. - Denninger, Russell, Faber, Celente, McHugh and a WHOLE host of other REALLY smart REALLY experienced fukers underestimated how far the can could be kicked - virtually EVERYONE counted on BONDzilla to stomp this B.S. - NO ONE thought the Fed would become the SOLE buyer! NO ONE! the thing that I THINK will stop BB and initiate the Ka- boom is commod prices but who the hell knows at this point...

or maybe (clearly) your basic premise was all wrong. "maybe" it's time to start examining theories that "have" accurately predicted the last two years...

gates
October 25, 2010, 08:51
Jokker - the underlying economy is a propped up fraud - these guys are correct and NOTHING has changed except BB decided to put his Keynesian theory into actual practice - didn't save us from a Depression in the 30's - won't save us from one now - I am losing my patience with you, why would anyone start a business or hire people right now? who do you think employs the productive people in our economy? what do you think is happening in housing right now - increasing or decreasing in value - NOTHING has been fixed Jokker - papered over yes - fixed no.

DABTL
October 26, 2010, 07:05
Everyone needs to read EConned to understand why we came to the mess of today.

Read it and consider what life would have been like with Glast-Stegal were still the law.

You will then learn, amongst other things, why you may or may not owe money on a mortgage. Fraud so rampant and so sloppy is not a very good security package or foundation for debt collection.

The TBTF banks greatest fear is that those such as myself, who are not in default, will begin the inquiries and ask for money back or challenge the banks/servicers.

It is an incredible tale of greed, confusion, fraud stupidity. Read it and learn.

Sailor553
October 26, 2010, 08:07
Put down the MREs and take the spouse to the Olive Garden.....enjoy yourself and have some fun.:wink: