PDA

View Full Version : Friendly suggestion

gates
October 20, 2010, 14:23
might want to review the old "what to do to prepare" threads again - 3-6 months hard cold cash - under the mattress...

cpd109
October 20, 2010, 15:57
Something new going on, or just uneasy? Gold & silver dropped which I find interesting, but can't expalin.

TheOtherChris
October 20, 2010, 16:10
Securing a ready reserve of cash is ALWAYS good advice.

I believe the temporary plunge of PMs was due to heavy currency manipulation of the USD. The Powers That Be are doing everything they can to forestall the collapse of the USD.

gates
October 20, 2010, 16:23
lotsa of stuff being exposed right now - that stuff is fraud! question is how pervasive it is - TOC they want to devalue by stairstepping it not a waterfall... kinda like grabbing a greased pig tho:-)

2barearms
October 20, 2010, 17:39
Originally posted by cpd109
Something new going on, or just uneasy? Gold & silver dropped which I find interesting, but can't expalin.

In regard to silver, it's a little over $24 right now. That's a $6 jump from the
most recent highs of a couple months ago, 25% increase! My pile is looking
pretty good.

Skilter
October 20, 2010, 22:15
emergency fund...

Should be there itn times of good and bad... no question.

gates
October 21, 2010, 09:21
IMO that "emergency fund" needs to be in cash - under you mattress - NOT in a bank acct.

MtnWulf
October 21, 2010, 17:27
Agreed, enough cash for 6 months of expenses with this gov't and economy is more than prudent, it is imperative.

However, everyone should also have their food, fuel and meds sorted out also. I'm sure you all have your defensive measures taken care of.

I think we're in for more trouble after the election, when the stimulus money ends and the banking scandal hits.

If I'm wrong, you're out NOTHING and you are ready for any local emergency such as storms and floods, or any interruption in income.

Believe me, it'll give you peace of mind to know you can take care of your family.:fal:

Skilter
October 21, 2010, 18:00
Originally posted by gates
IMO that "emergency fund" needs to be in cash - under you mattress - NOT in a bank acct.

Given.

Funny that this is being re-posted today as I made sure that squared away and topped off.

superjc
October 21, 2010, 21:08
I'm cashing out my remaining 4-5 days of vacation and putting it in food preps (Thrive, Mountain House). Wife isn't very keen on politics but she's on board because she trusts me and her whole family fled the Soviet Union (Ukraine) so
she has an idea of how things can go from bad to really bad and fast.

I also believe a lot of things will unfold after the elections.

cpd109
October 21, 2010, 21:47
I don't know if 6 months worth of cash is prudent either- if dollar is devalued, while you have some, is it worth anything? I have food for 6 months and ammo to keep thugs away. Should be set, unless I see the need to bug out and have two areas to go to.

BYW, FED meets on 11/03/10. Wonder if that's a coincidence....

gates
October 21, 2010, 22:03
well - you might want to go with 3 months and the rest in junk silver - after you have all the other needs met of course.

This is IMPOSSIBLE to time guys! the shit may not hit the fan for YEARS as in 2-5
so what I would do - if I had the means, would be to put an OH SHIT! plan in place and go on with life! not a damn thing we individually can do to change it and I certainly would not put all my eggs into one basket. However, at today rates it costs virtually NOTHING to pull all your money out of the corrupt banks - if things DO go to shit at least you have it in hand to spend before it devalues - imagine the nightmare of state ordered limited withdrawals as the currency is debased - no thanks...

chiefd
October 21, 2010, 22:59
Hey Gates - that's the beauty of being broke all the time - no money in the banks to worry about - I'm good on that score - they are welcome to my $5 min balance!

gates
October 21, 2010, 23:13
Then do what you can bro - you are in the MAJORITY!

Nomad, 2nd
October 22, 2010, 00:43
Originally posted by cpd109
I don't know if 6 months worth of cash is prudent either- if dollar is devalued, while you have some, is it worth anything? I have food for 6 months and ammo to keep thugs away. Should be set, unless I see the need to bug out and have two areas to go to.

BYW, FED meets on 11/03/10. Wonder if that's a coincidence....

Cash on hand can be spent FAST if you want to.

Also it lets you take advantage of deals.

A buddy needing Bail money at 10PM on a friday and a STEAL on a rifle and a BUNCH of reloading equipment on Labor day weekend are what I've come across in the last couple months...

Cash is king.