PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street Sees World Economy Decoupling From U.S.

411man
October 04, 2010, 20:23
Wall Street Sees World Economy Decoupling From U.S.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-03/world-economy-decoupling-from-u-s-in-slowdown-returns-as-wall-street-view.html

Skilter
October 05, 2010, 22:49
I find it odd that no one is busting the 411 chops as much as they used to do. Hmmm....

Indeed ... the Redcoats are coming.

gates
October 05, 2010, 23:08
maybe, eventually - not yet! we are still the worlds #1 consumer - we are the dumping ground for slave labor widgits.

Nomad, 2nd
October 06, 2010, 01:06
Originally posted by Skilter
I find it odd that no one is busting the 411 chops as much as they used to do. Hmmm....

Not worth the bother.

Wouldn't of clicked the thread if I had seen he was the OP.

chrsdwns
October 06, 2010, 18:47
America can no longer afford to be the worlds consumer of last resort.

Its not so much a decoupling as drop in American consumption with no other country able to pick up the slack.

It will be fun to watch the rest of the worlds predatory exporters try to gear their export based and driven economies to export to each other.

Well, maybe not fun in the Smoot -Hawley sense, but interesting for sure in the Interesting Times sense.

On the other hand - the US can pretty much go it alone. It would be very painful but it is possible and we may have little choice in the matter

When the time comes we had better have political leadership in place that puts Americas interests ahead of the rest of the worlds interests unlike the current leadership which places the rest of the worlds interests, and especially the interests of authoritarian dictatorships opposed to the US, ahead of the interests of the American people.

Nov 2 is as good a time as any start making some changes.

Skilter
October 06, 2010, 21:29
I believe it is intentional by the current administration so as to undermine American "exceptionalism" in the world.

You remove the US as the world currency... then ...

gates
October 06, 2010, 23:18
Hmm... someone should do a study on what percentage of humanity dies off in a Kondratiev winter - then factor in nukes... I am thinking "The Road" ...