PDA

View Full Version : question on CPO's

phillyray
October 03, 2010, 18:49
What kind of "tune up" does SigSauer do on it's certified pre-owned pitols?

Thorack
October 04, 2010, 13:55
Well,

I bought a CPO 229 that looked very good externally and had some wear on the slide internally and the barrel had some wear. Overall I think they replace severally worn or broken parts then refinish. I haven't shot mine much but I bought a new barrel because the original looked worn. I would do it again if I could inspect a few and pick the best. My 2 bits.

Thorack

SWOHFAL
October 07, 2010, 01:24
Originally posted by Thorack
Well,

I bought a CPO 229 that looked very good externally and had some wear on the slide internally and the barrel had some wear. Overall I think they replace severally worn or broken parts then refinish. I haven't shot mine much but I bought a new barrel because the original looked worn. I would do it again if I could inspect a few and pick the best. My 2 bits.

Thorack

They only refinish the slides.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=55&productid=201

phillyray
October 07, 2010, 04:52
Thanks for the info guys.

Outlaw Patriot
October 08, 2010, 13:25
Originally posted by Thorack
Well,

Thorack

I bought a used w german 226 that had been shot a lot. I planned on getting a new barell for it because the rifling only went half as deep as on a new barell, but so far its plenty accurate and is still working just fine.

EricCartmanR1
October 08, 2010, 13:27
Sig CPO's are just a labled ban that says CPO.

This label makes the gun runs better and gives the dealer an excuse to sell the gun for $100 more.

Nightops
November 23, 2010, 13:18
It does mean they have a 1 year warranty, as opposed to a regular "used" Sig. The red box also was a means to discourage unscrupulous retailers from trying to sell CPO guns as new.

bykerhd
November 23, 2010, 15:53
I've got a 226, 220 & 229 that are CPOs. No problems at all.
Look and shot as new. And, if I were to sell them, would be considered "used" just as if they were Blue Box guns.
I don't know if there would be any difference in the trade/sell value.
And, I don't intend to find out.:biggrin:

Tankdriver
December 05, 2010, 20:36
Originally posted by EricCartmanR1
Sig CPO's are just a labled ban that says CPO.

This label makes the gun runs better and gives the dealer an excuse to sell the gun for $100 more.

Got it backwards, they are usually a Police turn in and runs about 150 to 200 less than new. Comes with a 1 year warranty rather than a life time one. They rebuild the and replace any worn parts, and refinish if necessary. I have had a COP P229 40, a P239 40, and a P220 45. Still have the P239 and the P220 45.

Never had a problem with any of them.

"The legendary SIG SAUER® quality is what law enforcement professionals around the world rely on When It Counts. The Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols have been “Duty Tested” protecting communities across the country.

Traded in by law enforcement agencies for new SIG SAUER pistols, these pre-owned SIG SAUER pistols go through a stringent Facctory Certification process. Each pistol is stripped, refitted with original factory parts where needed, cleaned, lubricated, function tested and hand-inspected by a SIG SAUER factory technician. That’s your guarantee of the legendary SIG SAUER quality.

• Each Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER comes with a one-year warranty from SIG SAUER. Only the Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols carry a one-year warranty backed by SIG SAUER. Make sure the used Sig pistol you are purchasing is a Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER.

• The condition of a Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistol will vary depending on the amount of wear, such as that caused by a holster or rings, and that condition will be reflected in the retail price. Please note that dings, holster and ring wear are not covered under the one-year factory warranty.

• To maintain the tolerances and performance standards of a SIG SAUER pistols, the hard anodize alloy frames are not re-anodized."