PDA

View Full Version : Stop moaning, start spending...

Varangian
September 29, 2010, 20:31
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/savings/8028884/Savers-told-to-stop-moaning-and-start-spending.html

WTF?!?! The British banks are deliberately paying pittances on savings accounts to force the retired to spend more?

Coming soon to a Chase near you....

DP
September 29, 2010, 20:37
Uhhhh, I would say it's already here.... .25% on passbook savings in many places, .1% on money market funds. You can look for higher rates - but no way in hades will they come close to inflation....Taxation by the fedgods with their monetary policy, lowering the value of the dollar. See if they do it right, the sheep will just stand there and be fleeced!:devil:

DP

Bama Steve
September 29, 2010, 21:29
Since I first heard and read about Hitler I have been torn and continue to be so until this day.

I am listing to one-side of this solution of late . . .

:wink:

FAL freek
September 29, 2010, 21:31
Originally posted by Varangian

Coming soon to a Chase near you.... Americans lack of ability to save money is legendary. Can't happen here.

2barearms
September 29, 2010, 22:07
Originally posted by DP
Uhhhh, I would say it's already here.... .25% on passbook savings in many places, .1% on money market funds. You can look for higher rates - but no way in hades will they come close to inflation....Taxation by the fedgods with their monetary policy, lowering the value of the dollar. See if they do it right, the sheep will just stand there and be fleeced!:devil:

DP

This is exactly what's leading the drive into 'durable goods', Silver and
Commodities. Remember the 70's?