PDA

View Full Version : I confess

BAS
September 28, 2010, 18:23
to not being a Glock fan, but I tested my pals Glock 20 today....hmmmm, we even dug up some of the original Norma cartridges. Quite spiffy :shades:

Bjørn

preston1026
September 28, 2010, 19:43
Welcome, the rest of us aren't crazy.

W.E.G.
September 28, 2010, 19:47
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/ammunition/10mm.jpg

hagar
September 28, 2010, 21:00
I agree on the G20, best Glock ever made! A lot of other pistols can give Glocks serious competition, but the G20 has no equal. You can even get barrels to shoot 357 Sig and 40S&W if you want to go down in power.

Andy the Aussie
September 29, 2010, 01:16
He I was thinking you were about to kick down the closet door and out yourself....:beer: :beer:

BAS
September 29, 2010, 02:45
Originally posted by Andy the Aussie
He I was thinking you were about to kick down the closet door and out yourself....:beer: :beer:

A Glock forum might just be the right place for that. hehe
Seriously, the pistol didn't do much for me, but the cartridge.....oh my.. So my conclusion is that the caliber redeems the pistol
:wink: especially with the original full blast Norma loads.

Bjørn

PrJ
September 29, 2010, 09:50
Given the 10mm cartridge's exceptional performance, how do y'all think the G20 compares with Tangfolio/EAA/CZ 10mm pistols?

kayakpirate
September 29, 2010, 16:16
The EAA wittness in .45 acp was limited to non +p loads only.The frame couldnt
handle the higher pressure rounds.Using that as a indicator of the relative strength of the frames,
I'd think that the Glock 10mm outlives and out performs 'em all.
Ted Nuggent blasted the crap oiutta some African wildlife with his.
You dont load no light loads over there...end up with some serious cat scratch fever.

PrJ
September 29, 2010, 17:48
I was asking for comparative opinions regading the 10mm versions of the EAA/Tangfolio/CZ pistols NOT the 45ACP versions.

I am fully cognizant of the differences between 10mm versus 45ACP cartrigdes.

kayakpirate
September 29, 2010, 18:44
Funny,thought that it was quite clear in my explanation.Oh well.
See...if the .45's are weak,its probably a bet the eea's cant handle
the 10mm very well.Sorry if it wasnt a clear cut enough for you.
But You can understand this, Right?
But youre welcome anyway.

hagar
September 29, 2010, 18:54
Don't have any personal experience with the 10mm tanfoglios, but the 9mm I had was a piece of shyte, and I have heard a few bad reports on the 10mm witness (same crap by another name).

PrJ
September 30, 2010, 06:10
Sorry, kayakpirate, but I did not understand your point initially. [Perhaps I am more than a little dull witted.] Now I understand. Thank you for the clarificarion.

Timber Wolf
October 14, 2010, 10:34
I still have my old G20 and it will probably stay around here a long time unless I stumble upon a killer deal on a G20SF or S&W 10-something (1066, 1076) or something-10 (610?). I have several boxes of that old hair-on-chest Norma salted down for when SHTF or such. Probably need to dig it out and sell it along with some Black Talon that somebody else values a lot higher than I do. I was actually thinking about biting the bullet and having a grip reduction done to my G20, hard to spend the coin to butcher a gun though. Anybody want to trade/donate a G20SF to the cause?:D

crcksht
October 21, 2010, 09:44
I'm a Glock fan and I love the 10mm cartridge, but didn't care for the Model 20 at all. It felt clunky (junky) when compared along side either a Colt Delta Elite or a Smith 1006. The extra-heavy slide of the model 20(compared with a Mod. 17) makes the pistol really top-heavy and unbalanced when the mag nears empty. The Model 20 wasn't nearly as controllable in rapid-fire as the other two pistols mentioned above, which is probably due to the unbalanced, light-weight design. In addition, accuracy of the Glock was by far the poorest of the bunch, so I sent it down the road.

If I found another Mod. 20 for a song one day, I might buy another but it would have to be a real bargain. I wouldn't even consider an EAA in 10mm...not enough steel surrounding the cartridge, IIRC.

gates
October 26, 2010, 22:44
I have a Gen 1 G20 - yes it's a huge BLOCK - ergos SUCK - have to have a large hand to wrap around the grip - that said, I can CONSISTENTLY hit a 3 inch target at 20 yards with mine - it's what I carry as a side arm when I go Elk hunting - follow up shot spread times are not an issue if the first one counts:-)

I have a BUNCH of pistols to choose from - if I had to choose ONE for shit hits the fan - it's a G20!

BAS
October 27, 2010, 00:22
The 20 isn't too big for me, but all Glocks have the wrong shape for my cleptomitts :rofl:

Bjørn

moses
October 27, 2010, 01:54
I want a G20 SF in OD!!!!!

I really want a G20 RTF2 SF in OD!!!!!

1MOR
October 27, 2010, 17:44
Have a G20 since the late 90s. Factory ammo sucks, boring stuff. I bought a can of AA#9, couple K of 1x fired brass and some FMJs in 165 and 180gr. Started down 10%from max and worked up carefully. WOW! Weapon fits me just fine after installing an extended slide release.

BAS
October 28, 2010, 02:54
Originally posted by 1MOR
Have a G20 since the late 90s. Factory ammo sucks, boring stuff. I bought a can of AA#9, couple K of 1x fired brass and some FMJs in 165 and 180gr. Started down 10%from max and worked up carefully. WOW! Weapon fits me just fine after installing an extended slide release.

Here in Norway factory ammo is not really an option, way to hard to get hold of. So....brew your own time :biggrin:
We came up with a load that duplicates the muzzle velocity of the old Norma 200 load, but with XTP's and a lot less muzzle flash :shades:

Bjørn

Deltaten
October 28, 2010, 20:00
Bjorn (sorry..my keyboard won't do the /o):

I'd like ta hear more about that loading !

please?
Paul

BAS
October 29, 2010, 00:07
Norma brass, 200 grains XTP, 9 grains of vv-n105. Max OAL.
MV average 1130fps, Norma factory average for the 200grains JTC 1135. Recoil feels the same, flash greatly reduced :shades:

Originally posted by Deltaten
Bjorn (sorry..my keyboard won't do the /o):

I'd like ta hear more about that loading !

please?
Paul

Deltaten
October 29, 2010, 19:46
Thanks Bjorn;

I'll try ta rustle some V V up at the gunshow this weekend. Plenny of XTPs in stock to try out :D

It sure would be great to have a *real* 10mm round to use again !

BAS
October 30, 2010, 01:25
Originally posted by Deltaten
Thanks Bjorn;

I'll try ta rustle some V V up at the gunshow this weekend. Plenny of XTPs in stock to try out :D

It sure would be great to have a *real* 10mm round to use again !

Just take it a bit easy, this load is right up there :biggrin:
As tested it shows no signs of excessive pressure but YMMV as they say.

Bjørn