PDA

View Full Version : Reindustrializing the United States

Munster30
September 25, 2010, 08:14
The author says we have an opportunity in spite of the political and monetary uncertainty to bring jobs back here:
http://rightnetwork.com/posts/1001642091

2barearms
September 25, 2010, 10:50
Originally posted by 308bolt

Imagine how far along this road we would be if Bush and obama hadn't pissed away our money on bailouts and payoffs and had given tax incentives to businesses instead.

Pretty much. The notion that just helping with machinery write-offs is going to
propel the industrial sector is lunacy. Why would you invest money with no hope
utilizing the equipment? It's probably not too late but the picture is very long term
and not going to be friendly to the 5 man shops. They want us like Europe where
they have effectively killed off the individual entreprenuer. Europe is truly the
State controlled coporate system where industry doesn't exist to serve investors
but rather provides the State with tax revenue. The system is inbred and doomed
to failure.

Pistolwiz
September 25, 2010, 14:54
The de-industrialization...Or if you want...the replacement of civil industry with military industry is on purpose. Want proof? Look at all that has happened and follow the money and power. Also follow the trillions of $$$$ from all the wars that our brave people go out and die for.

Civil industry is not destructive in purpose. In fact, producing goods is the key ingredient to a healthy middle class.

Notice how very expensive and difficult it is for a company to come out and actually produce something in the US that is profitable? Most get things done in China these days. We have become too expensive on purpose. And much of the difference has been going down government drains!

What stands between many a tyrant and what he wants? A strong middle class! Take them down. And your kingship is insured. For at least for a while anyway. Easier to deal with and manipulate a hungry/starving population. Especially if you own the food supply! Just look at history. It's full of stuff like that. All with their own twists and turns!

There has been a gradual decline in the respect of and the enforcement of the highest law in the land over the last century and a half. The constitution. It is now pretty much null and void. The fedgov itself has been the prime mover in doing this. As the founders predicted. They will do anything they can get away with that won't infuriate the masses to immediate revolution. For power and money. As usual.

Want proof? Read it. REALLY READ IT! Then look at the fedgov. If you can't see the difference. Your stoopid and nobody can help ya.......

Who can name the 2 amendments with opposites in an article in the body of the constitution? Hint- both are in Article 2. Read it! Both amendments are opposed in the body of the document. That means that both amendments are null and void. Both are keys to what we see today. How can you have two laws in the same document that actually directly oppose one another? I call it treason.

But we still do what the 2 amendments say....Is THAT a "nation of laws"? Even the supremes themselves have ruled against one of the amendments. 3 times at least! Yet....Power and greed overcome what little diligence we have had for our own freedoms.

Imagine if we as a people actually knew what the constitution was about and forced politicians to abide by it. Imagine if we questioned everything rather than just saying " I can't do anything about it", wash our hands of it and walk away.

Perfect excuse for a good man to do nothing: "I can't do anything about it."

These days it's mostly: "I don't want anybody to call me a nut."

We all can do something....learn what the constitution actually says. And the limits imposed on the government. If it's not in there. They can't do it! And then Inform others! Be critical thinkers and LOOK at what's happening around us! You'll know what to do!

reks2
September 25, 2010, 15:52
One of the greatest costs, if not the greatest cost, of any manufacturing endeavor is labor.

Until the cost of labor decreases in the U.S. or the cost of labor overseas increases (which it will eventually in the developing countries), corporations will be manufacturing as much as possible in the least expensive labor pools, i.e. overseas.

Who was one of the first manufacturers to set up plants in foreign land ?
The auto industry, because of the excessively high cost of labor (Thank you UAW)

Write-offs for manufacturing machinery ONLY ain't gonna cut it in bringing back manufacturing to the U.S.

Ask me how I know.

keiser
September 25, 2010, 19:39
Solution is rather simple. Either add tariffs on all foreign made goods or force the exchange rate of our dollar to foreign currency to favor us as the Chinese do. If companies want to sell goods in America, force them to make the products here or kick the company out of our country and forbid them doing business here. All those CEOs can go live in China. They love China way more than the USA anyway.

Our government will never do anything about this so get used to high unemployment. They don't want people to understand how much they have screwed the American people with tax by inflation. They sure don't want you to pay the true cost of goods. That would give people making goods a decent salary and that is bad for the corporations. That would really piss off Americans.

These thieves in DC will keep screwing with the dollar ponzi scheme, trying to keep it working as long as they can. They longer they play the game the worse it will be when it all crashes down.

Our country is truly a fascist nation. Corporations and the fed are in bed together. As defined in Wikopedia:

Fascists seek to organize a nation according to corporatist perspectives, values, and systems, including the political system and the economy.

Our country IS organized around allowing corporations to run everything. I don't know who is worse - the fed or the corporations. They are both the enemy of the people and neither cares a hoot about the American people.

Heat
September 26, 2010, 03:30
Originally posted by reks2

The auto industry, because of the excessively high cost of labor (Thank you UAW)

Ask me how I know.
Agreed--
Greed aint so good Mr Gecko..demanding to pay a guy upper middle class wages that sits on a stool 8hrs day installing window trim or radios is dumb!

JohnnyV1966
September 26, 2010, 07:18
Originally posted by reks2
One of the greatest costs, if not the greatest cost, of any manufacturing endeavor is labor.

Until the cost of labor decreases in the U.S. or the cost of labor overseas increases (which it will eventually in the developing countries), corporations will be manufacturing as much as possible in the least expensive labor pools, i.e. overseas.

Write-offs for manufacturing machinery ONLY ain't gonna cut it in bringing back manufacturing to the U.S.

Ask me how I know.

These days, with all the mechanization of manufacturing direct labor is only a small portion of a products cost.

No doubt about your statement about is the absolute gospel. The problem is that we are a high wage country and until our wages fall to the level of those in the third world working for a meager bag of rice a day, we are all candidates for our jobs being outsourced.

Further with greater worldwide development demand for various commodities and finished goods will rise, as the thrird world competes with us. This serves as the double whammy to our standard of living.

Whatever happened to the notion of Tariffs and National Sovereignty?

We need to dump NAFTA, GATT and the WTO and raise Tariffs.

No doubt about it Interests rates will rise and our economy will feel pain but continue on the road we are going and we will get much worse with no point of return.

ByronF
September 26, 2010, 07:31
The payscale is artificially high for a variety of reasons. Here are a few:

1. Unions artificially inflate wages higher than the value of the labor being performed.

2. All wages are artificially inflated by the minimum wage, which is a fabrication of the unions (their raises are often linked to % increases in minimum wage).

3. All wages are artificially inflated by the need for employers to compete with the amount the govornment pays people to NOT work. Our "safety net" is sufficient to sustain a family well enough that going to work may or may not pay off.

Byron

shlomo
September 26, 2010, 07:32
Originally posted by JohnnyV1966
The problem is that we are a high wage country and until our wages fall to the level of those in the third world working for a meager bag of rice a day, we are all candidates for our jobs being outsourced.

Can't have One World unless there's One standard of living, now can we?

L Haney
September 26, 2010, 08:03
I think they'll be three. 99% will be one scale, .09% will have a slightly different one, and .01% will still be flying around in private 757's. Sound about right?

shlomo
September 26, 2010, 08:08
Very perceptive of you, El. I was, of course, speaking of the common rabble, and not of their owners.

xtremerange
September 26, 2010, 08:26
But we all benefit from free trade!

At least that is what we are told to believe.

V guy
September 26, 2010, 10:57
The UAW outside of Detroit is a far cry from that lavish payscale.

Locally, the Daimler-Chrysler Orion Bus plant pays $15.00/hr. People are desperate for jobs there.
Can't make those busses in China. It is a niche market for sure.

The famous transmission maker, new Process Gear/Magna nearly closed up shop when the union refused to go from $50.00/hr ot $15.00hr. Scabs now work there for the $15.00/hr.

BMW and a few other car makers have shops here that do not pay more than $25.00/hr. I believe.

Carrier is shipping jobs overseas so fast that they are killing off their local work forces with pollution and lack of any OSHA regs that they may have to come back here to build a quality product.

John Deere went to Mexico to build its diesel engines. Big Mistake.

Nafta and Gatt were serious mistakes, too.

We can get jobs back here for $15.00 hr. but the housing issue demands two $15.00/hr jobs totally $30.00 hr to have a living wage.

Either the cost of food and housing has to drop here, and all gov't jobs have to drop to the $15.00/hr wage too, or China and the third world mfg's have to have tarrifs place on all their goods. Of course that means nuke war.

It is cheaper to cut all wages and burn the McMansions and go back to the small ranch style homes that eveyone lived in before the asshole developers and real estate salespeople told America that they all needed to live in $3-$600,000 McMansions.
It was NAFTA, GATT, The Community Reinvestment Act, Barney Frank Chris Dodd, Andrew Cuomo and the dems who killed this nation. Obama was selected as the final executioner.
If we can survive all this mess set up by the dems and RINO's, we may have a chance to rebuild the mfg base, but it will be messy as hell for a decade.
The Fed regs and the massive public sector has to go down the tubes first in a collapse scenario that capitalism wins, and not the commies.