PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with the Commercial Real Estate self-destruct?

eodinert
September 24, 2010, 12:49
That was supposed to be happening right about now. Is it happening?

I'm just not hearing the chatter that I expected.

carguym14
September 25, 2010, 14:42
I was wondering that myself.

I haven't heard anything about it,but I doubt anything got "fixed".

FNfreak
September 25, 2010, 16:07
These things take a long time to happen. If you've ever watched someone (personal or company) go broke, you'll scratch your head in wonder at how long it drags out. I watched a local business, that stopped paying ALL BILLss except electricity/water/payroll stay in business for TWO whole years before the final door closed. Banks are terrified to show these losses. Part of the slow process is that banks are going to GREAT EXTREMES to prevent the final collapse of commercial properties by reducing rents, allowing skipped payments, allowing business to "upgrade" to bigger/better locations for the same or less money. Once all the extend and pretend tactics run dry, they'll start folding like cheap napkins...

leek
September 25, 2010, 17:27
I've been enquirying about empty commercial real estate for a possible business. I call the phone numbers posted on the signs and I don't get any call backs!
My partners have cash and these idiots in this business sector do not return calls. We are looking to open a firearms shop with attached range. When I call , I don't mention the proposed intention of the use of the building. These people must not be hurtng that bad. I live in a very depressed area with empty buildings everwhere. So, far , I'm not impressed with the commercial real estate business practices. Seems they are too busy at the golf course to return my calls or maybe I'm just not in the "in crowd".

Nomad, 2nd
September 25, 2010, 18:35
Originally posted by leek
I've been enquirying about empty commercial real estate for a possible business. I call the phone numbers posted on the signs and I don't get any call backs!
My partners have cash and these idiots in this business sector do not return calls. We are looking to open a firearms shop with attached range. When I call , I don't mention the proposed intention of the use of the building. These people must not be hurtng that bad. I live in a very depressed area with empty buildings everwhere. So, far , I'm not impressed with the commercial real estate business practices. Seems they are too busy at the golf course to return my calls or maybe I'm just not in the "in crowd".

No need with all the 'bailout money'

I'm also 'kinda' in the market... but not until the proce drops out some more.