PDA

View Full Version : Sorry W.E.G., My Glock Is Gone

bykerhd
September 22, 2010, 20:55
Yup !!!
I left my Glock 19 9mm off at the local toy store for them to sell for me.
In anticipation of that event, I bought a new Springfield XD(M). Also a 9mm.
The XD(M) actually fits my hand. And, has three different backstraps to ensure it does fit. No funky twin humpy lumps for my fingers to rest on and not in.

The Glock worked great. Never a problem. It was just made to fit some other guy's hand. I tried to love the Glock. It just made me think of something really unpleasant every time I grabbed on to it. Maybe something sort of Rosie O'Donnellish ?:uhoh:
Something just not "right" ?
I'm sure you know what I mean.
BUT, I did try.:wink:

rowjimmy
September 22, 2010, 21:08
Maybe you need a hand transplant instead?!?!? :eek:

yarro
September 22, 2010, 21:53
I tell everyone who asks me what to buy, "Something that is reliable, points naturally for you, fits your hand comfortably, and has recoil that you can handle." There is a long list of guns that I have shot that don't fit my hand or point naturally so I don't own any of them. Some of them I was really disappointed in when I shot them because they couldn't ever be in my collection due to that.

-yarro

bykerhd
September 23, 2010, 00:12
Thanks yarro.

rowjimmy, I'm waiting to see what transplant options are available under ObamaCare. I would probably offer the Southpaw side though. If I'm going to have some effeminate sized "Lefty paw" transplanted on so I can operate a Glock 19, I want it on the side I normally use less often.
Maybe I can get the "new" paw to function pretty well in the ambi mode.
Maybe not. If it doesn't work well, I'll just get a S & W Sigma.:wink: :biggrin:

Timber Wolf
September 23, 2010, 08:01
I kicked my G22 & G27 to the curb in favor of an XDm & XDsc, both in .40. The G22 (an RTF2) feels OK and I shoot it and the G27 fine but never liked the grip on the G27. I always felt like I was "juggling", for lack of a better term, the G27 when I drew it. One handed shooting just was not comfortable or secure for me and you may only have one hand to shoot with in a defensive scenario. The XDm & XDsc are entirely different stories, both feel great one handed and I draw and get a secure grip right out of the SuperTuck with both.

The XDm is my nightstand gun with a TLR-3 light attached and the XDsc is my truck & CCW gun. The XDsc rides in the glovebox with a spacer equipped full-size XD magazine and a stock 9 rounder. The G27 left with a close bud who gave me all the money I had in it. The G22 RTF is still here because I have a s**t load of mags for it and it shares them with my KelTec Sub 2K. If KelTec ever makes a .40 Sub2K that will take the XDm mag, and I can find one, then the G22 may have to go too. How is that for an excuse to keep a gun, "I have this other gun I really like that takes the same mag!":rolleyes:

The only trouble with that 9mm XDm is you can't even load up 3 magazines out of a box of ammo! Unless you are buying the good stuff in 20 count boxes and just put one box in each mag! :D

Skilter
September 23, 2010, 08:43
XD's suck.

:biggrin:

preston1026
September 23, 2010, 09:16
y-axis too high

Survey Punk
September 23, 2010, 09:36
Colt's Government Model.

You'ze guys is wasting your time. :tongue:

JB

preston1026
September 23, 2010, 09:41
Originally posted by Survey Punk
Colt's Government Model.

You'ze guys is wasting your time. :tongue:

JB

Too heavy, lack of capacity

bykerhd
September 23, 2010, 09:44
Variety Survey Punk ! That's the key.
I never said there weren't a couple, or so, 1911s keeping that XD(m) company in the safe. Along with a few OTHER autos, revolvers,etc.:wink:
The only time something moves along to somewhere else is when it disappoints me or fails to be what I expected.
The XD(M) is on "probation" for now.:biggrin:

preston1026
September 23, 2010, 11:18
ya ya, a 1911 is one my list. Can never see myself carrying one over a glock tho.

W.E.G.
September 23, 2010, 13:43
Originally posted by bykerhd
Yup !!!
I left my Glock...

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/this-is-an-outrage.jpg

Survey Punk
September 23, 2010, 14:06
Originally posted by preston1026

Too heavy, lack of capacity

If you ever carried one religiously, like I do, you wouldn't think so.
It's amazingly slim for the cartridge it fires. Reloads are as fast, with a slimmer magazine, than any wondernine. Proven performer without any hoopla or hollowpoints needed.
Anyway, if you need a bucketful of kapow carry a rifle! :biggrin:

JB

preston1026
September 23, 2010, 16:09
Originally posted by Survey Punk

If you ever carried one religiously, like I do, you wouldn't think so.
It's amazingly slim for the cartridge it fires. Reloads are as fast, with a slimmer magazine, than any wondernine. Proven performer without any hoopla or hollowpoints needed.
Anyway, if you need a bucketful of kapow carry a rifle! :biggrin:

JB

I admit, I do like much how the mags are slim but then again the capacity is cut in half. I do think that with today projectiles, caliber isn't a huge difference. Placement is the key.

Just looked up the stats. 1911 unloaded 2.44lbs - Glock 1.28lbs, would rather carry the light weight!

FALshot
September 24, 2010, 12:38
My G19 will go to the curb when they plant me six feet.

SPEEDGUNNER
September 24, 2010, 19:58
M&P .40

4x401
September 25, 2010, 18:22
Originally posted by yarro
I tell everyone who asks me what to buy, "Something that is reliable, points naturally for you, fits your hand comfortably, and has recoil that you can handle." There is a long list of guns that I have shot that don't fit my hand or point naturally so I don't own any of them. Some of them I was really disappointed in when I shot them because they couldn't ever be in my collection due to that.

-yarro

Bless you sir.:bow:

Thats the same line I give every potential pistol purchaser myself. I get sooooo tired of the this is better than that crap. :mad: Try as many brands as you can, and GET OUT AND PRACTICE!!! If you can`t make the commitment to practice, everything else is moot.:wink:

BTW
I do carry a G-21/G-30.:D
But I love 1911`s, Hi-powers, CZ`s and most things revolver.

Guns are GOOD, guns are FUN, GET SOME!!

Kyrottimus
September 26, 2010, 13:01
Oh the scandal!

Oh the horror!

Oh the.... wait, what?

PARA FN FAL
October 24, 2010, 22:03
Well I carried both the Glock 22 and the XD for work. So when I had to get rid of one it was the XD. Now it wasn't a bad gun just not as good for me as the Glock. Now the guy I sold the XD to scored a perfect 300 out of 300 possible on his 6 month requal so the gun is fine just not right for me.

Just for comparisson my requal scores with the Glock 22 or XD were always in the 280s out of 300 for a baseline comparisson

One reason I got rid of the XD is that one day while riding in the passenger seat of my truck the seat belt must have hit the mag release and the mag popped out without me knowing. I have also had this happen to a Sig Pro in 40 as well. It made me feel foolish knowing that I was walking around for about 2 hrs with one in the chamber and no mag so that might have played in to my getting rid of the XD and the Sig.

My Glock has never done that to me and I like the mag capacity and avaiblity as well. There also seem to be a million accesories for Glocks and not as expensive as for the XDs .

gates
October 26, 2010, 22:34
Quit being cheap asses! pick up and fondle an HK45 - or a P30 - they have no peer in ergonomics - they are the shit! BTW, I have all the pistols mentioned here and stand by my comments.