PDA

View Full Version : UK Proposes All Paychecks Go To State First

carguym14
September 21, 2010, 12:58
What a super idea!We definitely need this here-

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39265847

from the article:
The UK's tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer.

The proposal by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) stresses the need for employers to provide real-time information to the government so that it can monitor all payments and make a better assessment of whether the correct tax is being paid.

Tuttle with a "T",not Buttle.........

superjc
September 22, 2010, 17:27
Since they were disarmed 10-15 years ago it has really gone downhill there.... zero fear.

Heat
September 22, 2010, 17:56
Originally posted by carguym14
What a super idea!We definitely need this here-

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39265847

from the article:
The UK's tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer.

The proposal by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) stresses the need for employers to provide real-time information to the government so that it can monitor all payments and make a better assessment of whether the correct tax is being paid.

Notice that there is no call to deem 'what is rightful or neccessary for governments to spend it on'--its whatever they want--wow, out and out lawful theft--coming to the colonies soon!

carguym14
September 22, 2010, 20:15
Originally posted by superjc
Since they were disarmed 10-15 years ago it has really gone downhill there.... zero fear.

No flame,but having arms hasn't really held back our politicians either.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/snyder8.html

Bama Steve
September 22, 2010, 21:10
Originally posted by carguym14

Now you get it.

:wink:

Wanna wind-up like Buttle or like Tuttle?

Damn sure coming - either way . . .

bykerhd
September 22, 2010, 23:55
Where is English Mike when we need him to translate and interpret all this latest nonsense from the U.K. ?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Come back buddy. This latest bit seems totally bollixed.
But, I COULD be wrong.:wink:
I'm only about 3/4 U.K. Several generations and ideologies removed.:biggrin:

D P Six
September 23, 2010, 22:14
Maybe DC doesn't take it all first, but a master stroke by our Master's in Washington was the introduction of the 'withholding tax'. Tax is taken out before you even see your paycheck. I believe 'withholding' was introduced durning WWll. Today people only consider 'takehome' pay as being theirs, the rest of their efforts belong to the Megoliath in DC that must be constantly fed.

carguym14
September 23, 2010, 22:57
Originally posted by D P Six
Maybe DC doesn't take it all first, but a master stroke by our Master's in Washington was the introduction of the 'withholding tax'. Tax is taken out before you even see your paycheck. I believe 'withholding' was introduced durning WWll. Today people only consider 'takehome' pay as being theirs, the rest of their efforts belong to the Megoliath in DC that must be constantly fed.

Yep-out of sight/out of mind.I used to read about a bill being introduced every few years that would only charge you at the end of the year-You would bring home your whole paycheck,and then have to pay at the end of the year.That would be an eye opener!

I make it a point when I cash out customers to say "you owe me X,and the state Y,for a total of Z".
It's amazing how many people think I get to keep the sales tax.:rolleyes: