View Full Version : Anyone know where I can find grips for an old Colt??

Old Sarge
September 17, 2010, 19:31
Hi All
I made a deal on a Colt Offical Police Revolver. The pistol has a set of miss matched grips. One is smoth and the other is checkered. Anyone know where I can find some matching grips for it? Don't have to be real Colts.

Old Sarge

Survey Punk
September 17, 2010, 20:38
Not sure but try this guy. His display at the shows leads me to believe he's got a bit of everything.



September 17, 2010, 21:08
Not to be condescending, but have you looked on GunBroker? There are several pairs of OEM Colt grips advertised there right now.

September 18, 2010, 07:55
If you really wanted to class it up, you could put on a pair of original Army Special grips.


September 18, 2010, 09:12
I have an old Official Police with the original Walnut grips, the right one worn smooth, the left one still with checkering. It is common with old duty guns and I feel it ads character to the gun.

K. Funk
September 18, 2010, 09:54
Do a search on Vintage Gun Grips. Thre is a company by that name, but I'm not sure of the website. They have nice stuff and usually have the screws and escutcheons included.


September 18, 2010, 21:03
Try Numrich and Jack First, too. One or both of them should have Colt grips.