PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21--my next choice

Heat
September 11, 2010, 19:17
I think I have decided to go with the Glock 21 for my next carry pistol..I realize its big for that purpose but I dont care for shooting small handguns and I have read and heard that you should carry what you like to shoot and for me that is fullsize handguns--saw this vid on youtube and though I had already made my mind up I found it useful--I have owned/carried several Glocks, all 9mm and I just feel safer with the .45

******** width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLgAuREqmE8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLgAuREqmE8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Shootability
September 11, 2010, 19:32
I got the 21sf and like it a lot - I would avoid the Ambi safety if you do not require it.

It is one of my most accurate pistols -a pistol you can count on.

edporch
September 18, 2010, 15:26
I carried a Glock 21 for many years but switched to a Springfield Armory XD45 Service model and later added an XD45 Tactical.
For me they have a better natural point of aim and fit my hand better.
I'd advise you check em out.

tac-40
September 19, 2010, 08:29
I have carried one for years and it is 100% reliable with routine maintance and cleaning. It is big and heavy but not uncomfortable. If you have smaller hands, definitely look at the SF models (small frame). I don't know if they make it in the rough texture version yet but if they, do try that out also.

We had one break the extractor and as an experiment we ran through a box of ammo (50 rounds) to see how well it functioned. We only had one fail to extract and it cleared with a tap-rack drill.

I have also handled the S&W M&P 45. It is very much like the G21 in size, handling and feel. The only plusses I would give it over the G21 is the metal mags that are 100% drop free all of the time and the adjustable back strap. I wouldn't hesitate in owning and carrying one of these either.

Take a look at both and then compare prices. The price difference will probably be your only deciding point between the two.

IRONWORKER
September 19, 2010, 08:53
I have a 1st gen 21 & love it

Heat
September 19, 2010, 11:38
Thanks!
I've carried a couple 17's at different times and found them no problem sizewise..just want a .45 now
carried a 19 and a 26 as well but always had a problen with the shorter site radius..when I shoot I gravitate to larger handguns, for me just more accurate and easier/fun to shoot
Even with revolvers I like at least a 5 inch barrel--I guess size DOES matter:cry:

cpd109
September 19, 2010, 12:40
Originally posted by IRONWORKER
I have a 1st gen 21 & love it

Same here. Go to gun. I do need night sights though. Santa, are you listening?