PDA

View Full Version : As reported by the Drudge Report....

Retired Bum
September 07, 2010, 14:59
The Drudge Report has as one of today's articles a story that Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago has announced that he is not going to seek re-election when his current term expires next year. The 68 year old pol states that it is time to step down.

So if this is for real, what do you suppose has happened?

My guess is that he doesn't what to end up like his erstwhile ex state governor.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

bykerhd
September 07, 2010, 15:53
Rahmbo Emanuel has already been said to be considering taking that job.
I'm not sure election is the correct word for Chicago.
If Rahmbo signs up, pays his money, to the right people, gets approved, by the right people, he is IN.
The election is a mere formality.
The election will be "fixed" to end with the desired result in any case.
It IS Chicago after all.

martin35
September 07, 2010, 21:53
Emanuel is the slug that leaves a trail of slime while promising to become a beautiful butterfly, they don't get many butterfly's in Chicago,,, judging from the slime trails.

2barearms
September 08, 2010, 13:00
Originally posted by martin35
Emanuel is the slug that leaves a trail of slime while promising to become a beautiful butterfly, they don't get many butterfly's in Chicago,,, judging from the slime trails.

He will expose himself to scrutiny that will dig up big chunks of dirt.

K.O.A.M.
September 08, 2010, 13:27
Rahm's abandoning the SS Obama before everyone figures out that he's aiming for the icebergs. Daley was probably "encouraged" to retire.

Stoney
September 08, 2010, 15:05
Does rahnhamo look like hoddy doddy to you too:eek:

bykerhd
September 08, 2010, 16:11
Is "hoddy doddy" the same as "light in the loafers" ?
If so, I would tend to agree.
But, he also has a reputation as a mean, take-no-prisoners type SOB.
Chicago deserves him, I think ?

Stoney
September 09, 2010, 08:56
I mis-spelled it, its Howdy Doody, if your under 45 you probably don't know that is.

Jimi X.
September 09, 2010, 11:37
Is this the same Daley who, along with Al gore, back in 2000, said that "EVERY vote should be counted"?

And then sent in the lawyers (DATBL's profession) to declare null and void, the votes sent in by servicemen on board ships?

Is this Daley related to the Daley who was responsible for counting gravestones (fraudulent votes) back in the Johnson Administration?

bykerhd
September 09, 2010, 16:12
Howdy Doody ???
Unfortunately, I remember that and other early'50s TV shows quite well.
As I am WAY past 45.:tongue:

I would never describe Rahmbo as looking like any such benign character.

I think he is razor sharp, TOTALLY ruthless and someone NOT to trust, or to be entrusted with any power.
Just an opinion. Of course.

martin35
September 09, 2010, 16:45
My younger brother looks a lot like Howdy Dowdy, I suspect momma spent more time out by the wood pile than was wise.

Enquiring Minds
September 09, 2010, 17:28
Originally posted by 2barearms

He will expose himself to scrutiny that will dig up big chunks of dirt.

NOT likely. Remember, Rahm "I served in the IDF" Emmanuel belongs to the same tribe that controls the MSM... they will dry-clean his past to the point where sainthood is not out of the question. Babies will be kissed, charities will endorse him. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Skilter
September 09, 2010, 18:13
Planned... NOTHING at this level in Chitown politics is not planned.