PDA

View Full Version : ATF selects S&W and Glock after firing trials

1MOR
August 26, 2010, 16:07
BATF has selected Glock and S&W after phase two of its new firearm selection process. Sig was eliminated for having a higher number of stopages when compared with the other two suppliers, Glock, S&W.

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm#_ftn9

SWOHFAL
August 26, 2010, 20:14
Wouldn't want any stoppages when you're raiding a compound filled with women and children.

toolman5256
August 26, 2010, 20:34
Originally posted by SWOHFAL
Wouldn't want any stoppages when you're raiding a compound filled with women and children.

nope wouldnt want that but dont forget the women nursing and holding doors

1MOR
August 26, 2010, 20:47
Stovepipes are a bitch when you are ripping up some legit FFL's books for chicken $hit violations!

jugrunner
August 27, 2010, 10:23
this certainly validates my opinion of the "glock" ... :devil:

I mean ... I really want to be just like the BATFE ... don't u ... ? ... :biggrin:

they picked 'em 'cause they are cheap !!!!

ggiilliiee
August 29, 2010, 11:50
picked them up cause they were cheap ....hehe ...when has cost everstopped the govt ........they bought them cause theyse morons ...

watched em spend 85 K of taxpayers $$$ to bust 5 grams of weed the other day ....awesome dudes ...

think of it this way, if they have to go into the rio grand river chasin aliens ...and drop the pistol ...IT WILL FLOAT ...hheh...plus it gives ya a warm feelin ta know your weapons are five times better than theirs ....;)

Right Side Up
August 31, 2010, 17:38
Originally posted by toolman5256

nope wouldnt want that but dont forget the women nursing and holding doors

Mothers holding babies are so dangerous that a high powered rifle is necessary.

moonbat60
September 01, 2010, 13:21
Well, I hope that the ATF buys all the Glocks it needs............. that way I don't need to buy any.

( Not that I would want to, either................. :smile: )

:fal:

Pete

jugrunner
September 01, 2010, 16:07
as a long time SIG owner I don't believe a word of this BS ...

Any of you SIG guys having problems with your pistols ... ?

Shootability
September 01, 2010, 16:19
My Sig p226 is as reliable as any handgun. I had a Sig250 and it was garbage and I traded it.

jugrunner
September 01, 2010, 18:07
I don't have ANY experience with the newer Sigs ... they may be garbage ... most new stuff is garbage IM not so HO ... :biggrin:

I've owned many older SIGs ... no problems ... but I handload all my ammo ... makes a diff.

yarro
September 06, 2010, 21:05
Older SIGs are great guns made by a company with standards and employees who cared. New SIGs are guns designed by the marketing department and made by people who hate their jobs. My friend is a big SIG nut to the point of spending the kids' college money on two 210s. He bought a 556 and had the charging handle and extractor break before he sold it as it wouldn't group anyway. His newest SIG handgun never did get better after break in and out the door it went too. Don't know what model as he referred to it as "that piece of s#$t SIG". He now only buys their old stuff, don't see why though as he has half a safe full off it already.

Management destroys yet another fine company to pump up their options value.

-yarro

moonbat60
September 08, 2010, 16:35
I've got a SIG 1911 Revolution Carry in .45. It is nice and tight, eats everything in .45 Auto and is a joy to shoot.

All the SIG 1911s that I have had my hands on were guns I would not hesitate to buy.

:fal:

Pete

Fn/form
September 19, 2010, 18:57
Do your homework on the newer SIGs. It seems the old reliables (P226, etc.) have had some QC issues for a while. And the newer generation poly frames/designs have had teething problems.

Hopefully already ironed out, and hopefully just a matter of time before this is just a bump in SIG's road.

JasonB
September 27, 2010, 05:41
I wonder if this has anything to do with Glock making Glock pistols with factory night sights LE Only?

parisofthewest
September 29, 2010, 00:55
I did have a jam, (the first ever) a FTE in the slide (slide caught the spent) with my W. German P226 the last time at the range.

I was using the off the shelf PMC 9mm for the first time and it is a little weak compared to others. I had the slide fail to lock back on the last round, and at first thought magazine springs? Nah...tried some other ammo...good to go. Liked that stinky Indian surplus better even.

I offed my Glocks in favor of the Sig. Liked em so much after the P226, I just got 2 more...1 W. German P6, and one German P6 (1998). The old stamped steel slides are cool with me.

I do have my eye on the G26 for a subcompact carry gun for summer though.

Either way, with good defensive ammo, I would not hesitate to trust my life to either a Glock or a Sig. The Sig might gives me a slightly warmer, fuzzier feeling the exposed hammer though.

parisofthewest