PDA

View Full Version : It Can't Happen Here


carguym14
August 07, 2010, 12:27
Thought this was a good read.A little scary though..........

http://johngaltfla.com/blog3/2010/08/05/it-cant-happen-here-again-or-will-it/

MtnWulf
August 07, 2010, 13:49
All too plausible.

Thanks Republicans and Democrats for making this a possibility.

RG Coburn
August 07, 2010, 14:06
A little too unrealistic.

carguym14
August 07, 2010, 14:10
Originally posted by RG Coburn
A little too unrealistic.


Really?What part?

Did you read the part at the bottom where some of this happened before?

Seems entirely plausible to me.20 years ago,would you have predicted what's happening now??


eta-Even during Katrina,where people were housed in the stadium for there own good is a good example.........

wileycsg
August 07, 2010, 14:41
John has a big mustache. Repeat John has a big mustache.

offshore44
August 07, 2010, 17:19
Blesse mon coeur d'une langueur monotone...

Repeat, Blesse mon coeur d'une langueur monotone...

Bama Steve
August 07, 2010, 18:45
This whole premise goes against the UN's grand plan to eliminate human activity outside of the major cities and move everyone out of the country.

How do we reconcile the dichotomy of that?

carguym14
August 07, 2010, 18:55
Originally posted by Bama Steve
This whole premise goes against the UN's grand plan to eliminate human activity outside of the major cities and move everyone out of the country.

How do we reconcile the dichotomy of that?


They probably finally realized they need someone to produce the food.

The slaves/peasants work in the camps,while the gov employees work in the cities (like Ministry of Truth,etc).

Easy to control both......

Bama Steve
August 07, 2010, 18:57
Sounds a bit like the Terry Gilliam movie "Brazil" don't it?

I got hard-assed bottom-land, just gotta keep it under MY control . . .

cpd109
August 08, 2010, 14:54
Uh, this was not all conjecture. Some of it was history. History ignored is repeated.
Etc.
The founding fathers really gave us a good plan, we screwed it up through apathy and not watching what our "representatives" were doing.


This remeinds me of Vietnam (I wasn't there, but can read history.) We are taking the same location again after giving it up after fighting for it. Idiocy.

Bama Steve
August 08, 2010, 16:18
I agree with you.

My "Brazil" comment was just geared toward the Ministry of whatever, the gamesmanship and expansion of .gov in general.

I met Herman Talmadge (Eugenie's father) back in the 70's - he was considered "The Man" my the locals in Georgia.

The age old problem of "Have and Have-Not" is in full bloom once again - biggest problem is that there are waaay too many of them and not enough to support the load they create - politicians don't care either way as long as they get elected and access to the benefits of those elected positions.

A "Reset Button" needs hitting soon or the whole thing is going to go South - I fear that time has long passed . . .

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Steve.

RG Coburn
August 08, 2010, 16:33
Originally posted by carguym14



Really?What part?

Did you read the part at the bottom where some of this happened before?

Seems entirely plausible to me.20 years ago,would you have predicted what's happening now??


eta-Even during Katrina,where people were housed in the stadium for there own good is a good example.........

Who is going to move to a government run forced labor farm over a $700 debt?
I have been to Arkansas,in the rice growing ares. They use tractors.A few guys produce a lot of rice. I doubt they will go back to planting by hand like you see in VietNam movies.

carguym14
August 08, 2010, 16:50
Originally posted by RG Coburn


Who is going to move to a government run forced labor farm over a $700 debt?
I have been to Arkansas,in the rice growing ares. They use tractors.A few guys produce a lot of rice. I doubt they will go back to planting by hand like you see in VietNam movies.


You may not have a choice on how to pay your debt.And if you are hungry and there are no jobs,what other options would there be?

They use tractors here as well,but you could save a lot of fuel and chemicals going back to the old way of pulling weeds and hand harvesting.

We have a lot more people than jobs,and I think it's going to be that way for a long time.Guess we'll find out...........

carguym14
August 08, 2010, 17:07
Originally posted by Bama Steve
Sounds a bit like the Terry Gilliam movie "Brazil" don't it?

I got hard-assed bottom-land, just gotta keep it under MY control . . .


Never heard of that movie-I just googled it and checked out some videos-looks good.I'll have to watch for a copy.

I've always been more of a reader.Thanks for the suggestion....

L Haney
August 08, 2010, 17:28
You're gonna' love Harry Tuttle.

L Haney
August 08, 2010, 17:30
Originally posted by Bama Steve

A "Reset Button" needs hitting soon or the whole thing is going to go South - I fear that time has long passed . . .


Seeing as me and you is already south, I guess we are in position?

Bama Steve
August 08, 2010, 17:33
Not to be confused with "Buttle" - F'n bureaucrats . . . and their henchmen . . .

Bama Steve
August 08, 2010, 17:35
Originally posted by L Haney


Seeing as me and you is already south, I guess we are in position?

Yup - the LEGAL migration I took too didn't stick - the commie crap just followed the producers (me) . . .

I wish I was 25 and knew what I now know - I'd have the . . . to deal with it as it needs to be dealt with.

Bama Steve
August 08, 2010, 17:59
Originally posted by carguym14



Never heard of that movie-I just googled it and checked out some videos-looks good.I'll have to watch for a copy.

I've always been more of a reader.Thanks for the suggestion....

Its deep but dead on the money.

You need to watch it several times to pick-up on the symbolism - it ain't for liberals . . . A thinking man of today will see it - I saw it all back when it came out - at 16 I was incensed, now?

Don't ask - I won't give you an honest answer.