PDA

View Full Version : Kharma?

BlasterLP
August 01, 2010, 00:29
Now a guy goes to break into a place by knocking out the window and in doing so he cuts his wrist bad enough to bleed out 3 blocks away from the scene and the death gets classified as 'accidental'???

Too bad there isnt a box to check that said 'Kharma' instead.....

http://www.ksn.com/mostpopular/story/WPD-Man-found-dead-cut-self-accidentally/PRJjBQnNO0OGOA-XsXuWVA.cspx

Mods....is this the way to post now?? still ok to post a link and a brief description right??
please delete it if I made a mistake with it.

LP

martin35
August 01, 2010, 11:13
Will home owners insurance now have to be liable for the accident?

BlasterLP
August 01, 2010, 12:42
Martin...I was going to add a comment like yours to it but didnt....I hope something like that doesnt find its way into a court somewhere!

martin35
August 01, 2010, 20:20
Somewhere some lawyer is doing a feasability study.

cpd109
August 01, 2010, 20:34
The way things are, some ambulance chaser is probably at work right now, defending the rights of the criminal. For a big, fat settlement with the property owner's insurance co. They will probably say safety glass should have been used, they were just knocking on the window for help for the kitten in a tree, that the "victim" couldn't use the door due to some mental reservation that falls under some obscure handicap law, and so HAD to use the window.

It was acutally an accident though. The dumb thug wanted to just steal stuff, not die doing it. Of course, depending on where he or she breaks in, they may die anyway. Life's tough. It's even toughter if you're stupid.

martin35
August 01, 2010, 20:57
Seems like it ought to be a federal law that all thugs must purchase accident insurance,,, with no deductable.

cpd109
August 02, 2010, 12:07
This reminds me of the idiots who try to steal copper wire from transformers while they are hot. I think Ssarge had one up here with photos. Rough way to go, like the electric chair, without the chair. Another guy took a whizz on an electric fence. i don't know if was on purpose or not, but he's not have any more kids unless they can extract usable DNA from somewhere else. His member was pretty charred as I recall. I image his testys were pretty well done too. However, it's pretty unlikely that he will EVER do ANYTHING like that again.

Enquiring Minds
August 05, 2010, 04:46
Holy crap, this is almost as good as the granny shoots and maims gangbanger stories from 'The Armed Citizen' columns.

Strike 1) Too dumb to make an honest living;
Strike 2) Too dumb to break a window without serious arterial injury;
Strike 3) Too dumb to apply tourniquet to said arterial spurting...

... thank goodness Western Civ. trauma care did NOT interfere with this Darwinian "selection" process! Don't think we lost another Mozart or Pasteur this time. :o