PDA

View Full Version : More Mullah follies: Marlboros tainted with pig's blood, etc.

renaissance_warrior
July 31, 2010, 16:26
Yep, can't make this up.

TEHRAN, Iran Cigarettes smuggled into Iran have been tainted with pig blood and nuclear material as part of a Western conspiracy, an Iran official claimed Friday.

The semiofficial Mehr news agency quoted Mohammad Reza Madani from the Society for Fighting Smoking as saying contraband Marlboros have been contaminated with pig hemoglobin and unspecified nuclear material.

Madani claimed Philip Morris International, which sells Marlboro outside the U.S., is "led by Zionists" and deliberately exports tainted cigarettes. Pig products are considered unclean under Muslim law.

Full link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38486557/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

FAL freek
July 31, 2010, 18:30
Takin' plays from the North Korean playbook or poisoned food in the food aid sent by the U.S., and the American soldiers are cannibles that will eat them if they get invaded. Good ol propaganda. :rofl: Maybe some of the comedians should hire these propaganda ministers to liven up their acts.

ANON
July 31, 2010, 18:53
they shouldnt be smoking anyway. it shouldnt make them much more unhealthy than a normal cigarette.

Stranger
July 31, 2010, 21:39
I thought that smoking was strickly verboten in the Koran. If they are going to be damned for smoking, does it make it worse if they are damned for smoking pigs blood?

Brett
August 01, 2010, 00:16
I think it was the phallic shape that put them over the edge.

JohnnyMac
August 01, 2010, 09:02
Originally posted by Stranger
I thought that smoking was strickly verboten in the Koran. If they are going to be damned for smoking, does it make it worse if they are damned for smoking pigs blood?

Smoking (at least smoking tobacco) didn't exist when the Koran was written.

You have to know a bit about Iranian/Persian history to see why the mullahs would make a big deal over cigarettes. Google "Iran" and "Tobacco Rebellion / Revolution" and you'll read about a movement that started as a protest against the Iranian ruler granting foreigners (British) a monopoly on the sale of tobacco.

Because of trade sanctions, the cigarette wholesalers, many of whom are business units of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, can't get the popular European and American brands. A lot of Western cigarettes are smuggled from Pakistan, by groups dominated by ethnic Baluchis. The Baluchis are Sunni muslims that don't like the central government, and support a couple of different armed groups, such as Jun d'Allah (Soldiers of God) that like to blow up IRGC meetings.

As for the counterfeit Marlboros, they are manufactured by the North Koreans, who still trade with the Iranians, in defiance of sanctions. CF cigarettes were all over southern Iraq back in 2005.

JMc

1911guy
August 01, 2010, 13:34
Damn, wish I could take credit for this

one hand clapping
August 01, 2010, 14:45
I heard the pigs blood was a gateway drug , the mullahs are worried it will lead to harder stuff like smoking goat balls, or shoot'n up chicken piss.