PDA

View Full Version : 2nd variation detective special

Temp
July 30, 2010, 09:38
Picked up a pretty decent 1956 edition a few days ago,...been looking for one of the older, slim barrel models to be my primary carry piece. I like their balance and the way the rounded, checkered grips tuck into my hand.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/FalMike/dspecial.jpg

slikrickabn
August 13, 2010, 12:13
Been carryin' the Cobra version of that for years as my primary carry weapon. Just can't beat a six shot snubby!

Rick

Timber Wolf
August 13, 2010, 13:05
Have a couple of the old Cobras myself. One has a factory hammer shroud and the other has a naked spur. Like them but stored them in favor of S&W model 38s originally (have two of them also) and my current .38 carry piece is a 642. Nice old D.S. you have there, I am still looking for one to replace the one I let get away years ago.

doubletap
August 13, 2010, 21:07
Have a little Cobra with factory shroud myself, great shooting little Colt. My D.S. is a near NIB third model, not as vintage charming but a great shooter even with the barrel underlug and fancy ramped front sight.Nice find there!

BC
August 15, 2010, 09:04
Is the back strap of the grip full length?

slikrickabn
August 16, 2010, 12:23
My Cobra had a hammer shroud at one time, as the holes are there for it. Where can I get another with the screws?

Rick

Timber Wolf
August 18, 2010, 09:23
Here you go:
snubtraining.wordpress.com/waller-and-sons-hammer-shrouds/

I can't open the site here at work due our internet access policy but I believe it to be the site I have visited before. Make sure about the screws if you call.

Temp
August 24, 2010, 11:35
Originally posted by BC
Is the back strap of the grip full length?

Yes,..it has the full size grip frame.