PDA

View Full Version : New Gulf Oil Leak . . .

Bama Steve
July 27, 2010, 13:07
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/27/new-leak-found-on-gulf-coast/

:rolleyes:

martin35
July 27, 2010, 14:02
If the well belongs to BP they may call all the liability even.

FAL freek
July 27, 2010, 17:28
Another sensationalized media story. If it weren't for the bigger oil spill that already happened I doubt that this would have even been reported 6 months ago.

martin35
July 27, 2010, 19:13
Exactly this is a common occurrence in some places where a lackadaisical attitude is prevalent, training to Captain a EXXON Valdez has to start somewhere.
Spilling Chinamen into the Yellow Sea is hard to see.

motosapien
July 27, 2010, 20:22
Originally posted by martin35
Exactly this is a common occurrence in some places where a lackadaisical attitude is prevalent, training to Captain a EXXON Valdez has to start somewhere.

I'll drink to that:beer:

martin35
July 28, 2010, 01:11
Funny story, (I think) I Showed up at Port Fourchon to take a six hour boat ride out to a rig anchored in the shallows for maintance, I was early as was my custom so I lay down on one of the long passenger seats and started to nap, the Captain came down and raised hell because I did not take off my boots, I informed him I always slept with my boots on like any Texan would, any way he made napping impossible so I decided to get some of that rotten Community coffee coon-asses drink, sitting in the galley I noticed after about 4 cups of coffee that the deck seemed to be sloping stern-down, it wasn't the coffee.
It turned out the boat was sinking so I packed my gear dockside and watched the boat settle to the bottom. The Captain was standing nearby so couldn't resist remarking so I said " looks like those seats don't float", he got all demented and I had to calm him down. I later learned he had over packed his propeller drive shaft before his last run and burned the packing allowing the sea to enter while he did cushion control.
There are Captains and then there are Captains

offshore44
July 28, 2010, 12:42
(snip)... I later learned he had over packed his propeller drive shaft before his last run and burned the packing allowing the sea to enter while he did cushion control.

Haven't those boys heard of mechanical shaft seals? Crane makes a good one. Cost effective and reliable.

martin35
July 28, 2010, 13:28
Haven't those boys heard of mechanical shaft seals? Crane makes a good one. Cost effective and reliable.
It's easy to become confused in a motorboat if all you ever did was pole a perot

juanni
July 28, 2010, 14:07
Funny story, (I think) I Showed up at Port Fourchon to take a six hour boat ride out to a rig anchored in the shallows for maintance, I was early as was my custom so I lay down on one of the long passenger seats and started to nap, the Captain came down and raised hell because I did not take off my boots, I informed him I always slept with my boots on like any Texan would, any way he made napping impossible so I decided to get some of that rotten Community coffee coon-asses drink, sitting in the galley I noticed after about 4 cups of coffee that the deck seemed to be sloping stern-down, it wasn't the coffee.
It turned out the boat was sinking so I packed my gear dockside and watched the boat settle to the bottom. The Captain was standing nearby so couldn't resist remarking so I said " looks like those seats don't float", he got all demented and I had to calm him down. I later learned he had over packed his propeller drive shaft before his last run and burned the packing allowing the sea to enter while he did cushion control.

CLASSIC!!! :whiskey: :whiskey: :whiskey: :whiskey: :whiskey:

...............juanni

martin35
July 28, 2010, 17:11
If trouble comes in three's it's all over, the third oil related catastrophe has occured North of Sealy Texas a pipe line of some significant size exploded, My daughters family lives a few miles north of it and called me to say they would be coming over.
How do you know when it's time to do pipeline maintenance?
When it blows up.
Gas can linger in low laying depressions so some caution is advised until the winds can dissipate it.

offshore44
July 28, 2010, 20:15
It's easy to become confused in a motorboat if all you ever did was pole a perot

The first pass at reading that and I saw "pole a parrot". That confused me, BTW. Second pass and perot made much more sense.

martin35
July 28, 2010, 21:02
When your pole won't touch bottom you are in over your head, stay in the bayou,,, on your cushions.
I couldn't resist, but you have work at it to sink your job.

martin35
July 29, 2010, 08:31
The New York Times is reporting BP may begin a static kill of the capped Macado well as soon as this coming Monday. This ought to be interesting.
With some additional investment BP could convert the 2 relief wells for production.
I am interested to know now the estimated reservoir productive capacity and any future wells to tap those reserves,,, so is BP.
The blow out well will have to be plugged and abandoned because of suspected structural damage in it's casing and supporting cement bonding.
The weight of the BOP's and the BOP capping assembly will need to be removed also to lessen any subsidence on the well from their combined weight.
BP has paid a high price to learn that centralizing each string of casing before cementing and then waiting out a test period is a cheap method of drilling in deep water. I over simplify but that's because I am simple in most things.
A man's got'ta know his limitations.

flopshot
July 29, 2010, 08:36
somebody should invent something for that. they could call it a bilge pump.

martin35
July 29, 2010, 08:42
somebody should invent something for that. they could call it a bilge pump.
Are you referring to my comments? I'm not being contentious I'm interested in examining others ideas.

G_FAL
July 29, 2010, 21:44

I believe you mean "pirogue"

akajun
July 29, 2010, 23:07
Originally posted by G_FAL

No, he was having a gay fantasy about "polin" Ross Perot again.

martin35
July 30, 2010, 05:20
I believe you are right,,,, pardon my French.