PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart vs the Morons

Dean P
July 25, 2010, 21:24
Wal-Mart vs the Morons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??

MAYBE WE OUGHT TO KICK YOUR EGG-HEAD BUDDY BUMS OUT OF OFFICE AND HIRE WAL MART TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT

fastback65
July 25, 2010, 21:50
Yawner Dude!

RG Coburn
July 25, 2010, 22:24

Profit or net income?
It cost money to keep the doors open,the shelves stocked,and the employees paid.

ftierson
July 25, 2010, 22:58
Originally posted by fastback65
Yawner Dude!

I'm not quite sure what the point of this comment is...

You a fan of big government and its successes...?

Forrest

brunop
July 26, 2010, 00:15
I'm guessing he is joking and channeling Bill since he's not here to say it himself.

jdluton
July 26, 2010, 07:57
Originally posted by RG Coburn

Profit or net income?
It cost money to keep the doors open,the shelves stocked,and the employees paid.

Well, seeing as point #1 said that walmart does $36million dollars per hour (thats $600,000 a minute) I would guess that the $20,928 per-minute figure actually is profit.....

357ross
July 26, 2010, 08:06
My only concern with your Walmart buisness model is the China connection. I understand the point you are trying to make, I wish there was a way to funnel some of that money back into America's pocket, for a change. Without China, Walmart couldn't exist as it is.

cpd109
July 26, 2010, 11:34
I wonder how Walmart would fare with an embargo from China, or worse?

Deltaten
July 26, 2010, 11:52
cpd's wonderment may be well-founded; but...I'm pretty damm'd sure that IF that happened, the Big_wigs at W/M would figger a way ta go 'round, over or thru the problem.

fastback65
July 26, 2010, 13:24
Originally posted by ftierson

I'm not quite sure what the point of this comment is...

You a fan of big government and its successes...?

Forrest

The point is it is very old news. Everyone has heard the Wal-Mart horror stories yet most continue to shop there. The second point is that almost everything DeanPee posts is either a lame joke, old news, or profane.

Dean P
July 26, 2010, 14:43
Now BOY I will not ask for your frigging OK on anything, just put me on ignore or bite my ass.

Any one can be a frigging troll, sounds like you carry a grudge too.

RG Coburn
July 26, 2010, 15:30
Originally posted by jdluton

Well, seeing as point #1 said that walmart does $36million dollars per hour (thats $600,000 a minute) I would guess that the $20,928 per-minute figure actually is profit.....

I didn't run the math. Lazy,I guess.
20k profit on 600k of transaction doesn't sound like much.
Would you monkey around making $20 profit on every $600 dollar transaction?Or $2 on every $60? Same percentage.Just chopping zeros.

tuck0411
July 26, 2010, 16:32
Originally posted by RG Coburn

I didn't run the math. Lazy,I guess.
20k profit on 600k of transaction doesn't sound like much.
Would you monkey around making $20 profit on every $600 dollar transaction?Or $2 on every $60? Same percentage.Just chopping zeros.

Seems like if you could do it at the volume Walmart does it, it'd be a no-brainer.

Fleabus
July 26, 2010, 18:52
Have been in WM this week locally. Wife bought a 14-16 inch woven basket for storing misc on the table. Cost 6 bucks, China. Now, I don`t know bout you, but can an American worker hand make one zipity zap, then add 2-4 markups to get to the WM retailer and make a living here? We can not compete with slave, pittance labor and compete. On top of that, no Gov regs at all over there, anywhere cept probably local or regional payouts. Reason for all business going Overseas. Where would you take yer money to build a factory to make you a bunch of money. Here, with all it entails, or there, and make much more profit per widget you make.
Correct that w/o pittance cost stuff WM would do a lot less.
Days happening now when people say, Where are the Jobs? There in WalMarts Items yer buyin with yer unemployment check, doughhead...

motosapien
July 26, 2010, 22:22
It's a paradox. With the diminished buying power of our wages ( about one fifith of what they were 30 years ago ), not many are looking for the "Union Made" label on things before they buy them.

Nomad, 2nd
July 26, 2010, 22:33
Originally posted by motosapien
It's a paradox. With the diminished buying power of our wages ( about one fifith of what they were 30 years ago ), not many are looking for the "Union Made" label on things before they buy them.

I'll AVOID those...

Now, NONUNION, US made...

THAT I DO spend more on.

I'd rather support the Chinese Commies than the Union commies.

It's probably better, and definately cheaper!

jerrymrc
July 31, 2010, 20:23
I tried buying food at China Mart a couple of times. It was a big failure. I like King Soopers/Fred Meyer/Kroger for day to day and shop Safeway and Albertsons for the sales. I do buy at Sam's for some items but just do not see the attraction. I guess it may be that I do not live in a trailer park.

newfalguy101
July 31, 2010, 21:12
Originally posted by Dean P

MAYBE WE OUGHT TO KICK YOUR EGG-HEAD BUDDY BUMS OUT OF OFFICE AND HIRE WAL MART TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT

On the other hand, BOTH groups send billions of dollars to China every year.....

Around here, the Wally-barf food prices pretty much run the gamut from competetive to ludicrous and I detest shopping there, however, as they are but one of the very very few grocery stores that do NOT have a "NO CCW " sign, they do get a chunk of my bean budget.....

John Culver
August 01, 2010, 16:35
I always look at where stuff is made that I buy from wal-mart (after I get it home usually lol)

Typically about 30% is made in the Good ol USA, about 40% China, and the rest random places like italy and indonesia.

To call Wal-mart China-mart is a bit of a misnomer.

If there was a trade embargo on China, wal-mart would be fine. Prices would rise a bit while they worked with other suppliers.

One thing Wal-mart does well is help (push) suppliers to be more efficient, they did this with some pharma companies to help enable them to make a profit on $4 prescriptions.

Heat
August 01, 2010, 18:28
I used to hear 'buy american' back in the early 90's on the Chuck Harder show when he was pushing for Perot--looks like things we were warned of then with NAFTA, China etc have come to pass, now our economy is in the crapper and rebuilding it may be near impossible. Cheap hammers, wrenchs and clothing are hard items to pass on