PDA

View Full Version : Who needs NASA reaching out to Islamists? Muslims in Space by 2019 says Iran.

SWOHFAL
July 24, 2010, 04:34
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/23/iran-wants-men-space-says-ahmadinejad/

cpd109
July 24, 2010, 08:45
Not to downgrade the wonderful accomplishments of our moose limb friends, but a man in space? No camels up there so why spend all that money for a joy ride? To say they did it? From the article:

"In 2009, Iran launched a domestically made satellite and put it into orbit for the first time. It has said the Omid satellite was launched for peaceful telecommunications and research purposes."

Research purposes alright.

Just so we all remember, when Sputnik successfully went up in 1957, it sent a horrible shock through the US military and gov't in general. If you can launch a payload into SPACE, you also have the ability to send a nuclear payload to distant lands and blow them to kingdom come.

On an unrelated (technically) subject, wifey told me yesterday that she heard on the news that Iran would have the capability to hit the US (and Israel) with ballistic missles in 2014. They are working on 3 stage missles last I heard. If they make a nuke, and a long range missle, we are phucked.

Also, the Iranians have been testing flight profiles for missles in the Caspian Sea where they just go up. Not over to a target and down. Just up. Know why? Well, do ya? Any ideas? (This was in 2008.)

That's the profile of an EMP weapon. And a nuke for that purpose can be tailor made to make the maximum amount of gamma rays which IRCC cause the EMP on earth. Can I support this? Not this second. But I have read it, and it wasn't in a Superman comic book either. Also, the footprint of effectiveness of an EMP oriented nuke depends on the altitude it detonates at. It will take 3 or 4 nukes to cover the lower 48 states, shutting down their power grids and about everthing else that uses electricity. While electronics can be armoured against EMP, it isn't done very much since most electronics are civilian oriented in nature and they don't need it. Military hardware can be armoured, but it's very cheap to armour them from the design on and not going back to "fix" them. IIRC, Victor Belenko (who defected to Japan in 1975 with a Foxbat aircraft) had a lot of tubes in his electronics. At first, this was laughed at for being so backward. Then the engineers that were taking the plane apart (to ship back to the USSR) reliazed that the tubes protected the electronics. (In the 1960s, Starfish Prime nuclear test (high altitutde) broke about 700 street lights in Hawaii due to EMP, from about 800 miles away. This was the first time scientists saw EMP; it was only theorectical until then, although the Russians had seen it;s effects a few years eariler. Not much else was affected. However, that was the "tube era" where there were almost no transistors. And really no computers. I don't know why, or if, transformers blew up, but they should have had some damage.) Anyway, that's one possible outcome of these clowns-in-space.

Now, here is another thought. What if the Iranians shot a nuclear armed missle to their moose limb brothers in Saudi? Yep, all the way across the Persian Gulf. One of the books I read said that the reason we are in Iraq now is to protect the Saudi oil. (It said that the Saudis had trouble holding power and part of that was due to when Saddam attacked Kuwait. We had to stage our forces in Saudi which pissed a lot of them off, being infidels and all. When we had the 2nd war there, we took over Iraq, moved in and will stay there as long as the Saudi's have oil to protect. It's very close to Suadi and a QRF could get there in short order.) So, if a nuke or two will disrupt (and irradiate/contaminate) the oil, that will be the end game for the Saudis and 25% of the earth's oil reserves. Would the Iranians do it? Who knows but them and God, but the Saudis are nervous about the Iraninas getting a nuke. If they were buddies, they probably wouldn't be nervous or at least as nervous. Also, Akaminajhad (or however you spell his name) is a 12er, waiting on the 12th Imam which will bring about the end of the world. He is big on making that happen as soon as he can. This alone may be what makes the Saudis nervous.

Lots of crap coming down the pike these days. And it's just not all domestic, where a lot of attention has been focused lately.

Edit: I had to save the thread because I have lost several long ones. By doing this, I don't have to start from scratch evertime my PC burps.

ANON
July 24, 2010, 09:20
Maybe they are confident they will get to space because our missile tech is being shared with them, just as the democrats shared it with the chinese during their last visit to the executive branch. Seems to be a pattern with the dems.

martin35
July 24, 2010, 09:52
I would not be surprised to see Obama's State Dept give Iran a nuclear reactor just like the one Cliton gave North Korea for their peaceful applications.
They are seeking through prayer a path back to the stone age,, or some where near there,,,,,, as a compassionate gesture we should accommodate them with that gift,,,, before they gift us.

gman
July 24, 2010, 11:04
Could someone tell me what the diaper heads have actually done scientifically? Besides stagnate for 1000 years? Drink camel urine to cure ills? Make wimmins wear sacks 'cuz satan tells them the wimmins is bad?

Sumbudy tell me?

cpd109
July 24, 2010, 11:52
Could someone tell me what the diaper heads have actually done scientifically? Besides stagnate for 1000 years? (They have not be stagnating. They have been busy making little diaper heads. To kill you with.) Drink camel urine to cure ills? (Are you suggesting that it doesn't? Don't tell any moose limbs.) Make wimmins wear sacks 'cuz satan tells them the wimmins is bad? (And wimmins in sacks iz cute.)

Sumbudy tell me?

OK, Gman

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/missile.htm

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=69056

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/iris.htm

Are any of these meeting your needs?

John Culver
July 24, 2010, 19:32
Originally posted by cpd109
Could someone tell me what the diaper heads have actually done scientifically? Besides stagnate for 1000 years? (They have not be stagnating. They have been busy making little diaper heads. To kill you with.) Drink camel urine to cure ills? (Are you suggesting that it doesn't? Don't tell any moose limbs.) Make wimmins wear sacks 'cuz satan tells them the wimmins is bad? (And wimmins in sacks iz cute.)

Sumbudy tell me?

OK, Gman

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/missile.htm

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=69056

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/iris.htm

Are any of these meeting your needs?

No, thats what the North Koreans did for the muslems

shlomo
July 24, 2010, 19:58
I don't think it'll ever happen.

This one's a few years old, I know, but:

Know why there were no Muslims on Star Trek?

'Cause it's in the future.

J. Armstrong
July 24, 2010, 20:47
With any luck the first armed launch will blow on the pad :D

cpd109
July 25, 2010, 10:31
Originally posted by W.E.G.
I could see some select Iranians achieving orbit a lot sooner than 2019.

How far is the vertical ejecta from a 50 megaton device?

They should say high to the North Koreans while they're up there.

Actually I don't think there is any. Everything for AT LEAST several hundred yards would be vaporized, literally. On the other hand, moose limbs would cover the planet (when it rains since they will be dust in the atmosphere.)

edit- Sorry I was so far off on the info about. I was thinking about the puny nukes the US has.
In 1961, (wika something reports) The USSR air dropped what they said was a 50MT weapons. Our guys estimated it was really 57 or 58 MT. It was dropped from a Bear Bomer that was modified to remove external wing tanks and an expanded bombay to get the 26 ft bomb in the bombay. When released, the planes had to clear 28 miles before detonation, so you can bet they had the throttles wide open. When it went off, it would give a person 3rd degree burns at 62 miles. I would guess the vaporization of moose lims would occur at several miles. This was the most powerful weapon they ever tested. It's power was equal to 1.4% of the sun's output (over how much time it didn't say.) Another way to view the power of the bomb is to take 75 tons of high explosives and put it in a box car of a train ........ for 666,000 times.
Also the weapon was released at 34K ft altitude and fell to about 13K ft when it went off. It was reported that the fireball touched the earth. 2 1/2 miles away. As for vaporization, that would be limited to several miles, but the only thing that could save you from it is the curvature of the earth or a good bomb shelter (which is different from a fall out shelter).

The most powerful weapon we ever tested was 15MT. Gulp, it was only suppose to be 5MT, but the reaction 'ran away'. Yes, I'll bet there were some red faces over that one.

A lot more that WEG was looking for, but 50MT is a lot more powerful than I thought they were.

Also the wiki place has some vidoe on the Tsar Bomba test. I wonder who took that film and how long did it take them to die.

Ironhandjohn
July 25, 2010, 11:01
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_jLnrUXJNM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_jLnrUXJNM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I wonder what these guys will have to say about it....:D