PDA

View Full Version : UN censors Edmonton artists' sculpture

Heat
July 23, 2010, 12:28
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/story.html?id=3303691#ixzz0uWlnJZQf

Topbanana
July 23, 2010, 12:33
It was the guns' fault... Not despotic governments... :rolleyes:

SWOHFAL
July 23, 2010, 13:53
Obviously these artists are anti-gun. Too bad they can't make the link between a lack of guns (in civilian hands) and a lack of freedom. Maybe some censorship will give them a clue as to what's in store. :rolleyes:

martin35
July 23, 2010, 14:40
What's in the box the guns form? Or is it another gun snot ball box?

daschnoz
July 23, 2010, 15:12
http://dbis.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/FormerProjects/Bork/BorgCube.jpg
Resistance is futile.

Topbanana
July 23, 2010, 16:11
daschnoz, you are full of win!

RG Coburn
July 23, 2010, 16:21
I don't know..I don't see 10 U.S. compliance parts there...

Heat
July 23, 2010, 18:59
Originally posted by SWOHFAL
Obviously these artists are anti-gun. Too bad they can't make the link between a lack of guns (in civilian hands) and a lack of freedom. Maybe some censorship will give them a clue as to what's in store. :rolleyes:

First thing I wanted to do was contact the 'artist's' and convey something along those line. Unable. They have 'exceeded their bandwidth' and are temporarily unavailable--figures--

URBAN ASSAULT
July 23, 2010, 23:47
I think that piece of art is great, but it doesn't evoke the feelings that THEY want me to feel because they are anti-gun pukes.

To me it is very beautiful, I like the symmetry of the overall piece, and I love trying to distinguish all the individual weapons used.

For sure I'm not happy that those guns were sacrificed, but if they had to die at least it was to make something extremely interesting to look upon, and not melted down in some anonymous smelter like so many are.

-urban

Topbanana
July 23, 2010, 23:52
Originally posted by URBAN ASSAULT
I think that piece of art is great, but it doesn't evoke the feelings that THEY want me to feel because they are anti-gun pukes.

To me it is very beautiful, I like the symmetry of the overall piece, and I love trying to distinguish all the individual weapons used.

For sure I'm not happy that those guns were sacrificed, but if they had to die at least it was to make something extremely interesting to look upon, and not melted down in some anonymous smelter like so many are.

-urban

Though I agree, aesthetically, they have something going on... But the pukes can't disseminate between the crime, the perpetrators, and the tools used. Their message is terribly flawed. Isn't that the point of abstract art, the message conveyed?

EDIT, I'm still trying to figure out how the Norinco Sporter got in there??