PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... Another of the PIIG's gets downgraded...

gates
July 19, 2010, 02:12
Anyone see a pattern here?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0719/breaking7.html

renaissance_warrior
July 20, 2010, 00:48
Yes, Greece. Not really news as the last systemic event was less than 5 years ago. they were a bubble econonomic model even back then.

gates
July 20, 2010, 01:02
You dont really think a repub takeover in congress in Nov. is going to turn around a global deflationary credit collapse do you - tell me you dont think this!

TheJokker
July 20, 2010, 06:46
Originally posted by gates
You dont really think a repub takeover in congress in Nov. is going to turn around a global deflationary credit collapse do you - tell me you dont think this!

no, but...

the root cause of the recession/depression is about international currencies hence the global conditions of the problem but we can by our choice minimize or maximize the negative impact on our country.

democrats/socalists will maximize the problem and the republicans "not so much". the democrats will hurt our business base while elements within the republican party may lay the foundation for an early business recovery.

the choice should be easy.

gates
July 20, 2010, 11:59
no - the roots of a deflationary credit collapse are - wait for it - too much cheap, easy credit - given to those that cannot repay, which then blows asset bubbles - when those bubbles pop you get what we are experiencing right now - this is nothing new Jokker - the damn Fed did virtually the EXACT same thing in the 20's and 30's but then it was the farmers and stock speculation instead of homeowners - this shit isnt THAT tough to figure out if you read a little history - when the music stops, the bubble pops:-)

Enquiring Minds
July 20, 2010, 14:03
Face it gates, Duh Sheeple have been programmed into a VERY SMALL matrix since age 4... i.e. they ACTUALLY BELIEVE there are only 2 political choices, and thus, we will indeed see the all-too-predictable "backlash" at the polls this Nov... Joe Sixpack is not PROGRAMMED to grok that the entire post-NASDAQ bubble--and TARP, AND Maiden Lanes I, II, and III, et al--happened on GW's watch.

The GOP is indeed a sorry assed "solution", but as The Jokk points out, slightly less so than the Dems.

brunop
July 21, 2010, 21:11
That last sentence is about as close as it gets.

gates
July 21, 2010, 22:48
Well - either we throw off the 2 party yoke and wake up or... we get Chavez - or worse... come to think of it we HAVE Chavez - he just hasnt advanced his agenda far enough yet for the masses to see it for what it is.