PDA

View Full Version : Heat Ray Gun - Ban the Burqua's!

Bama Steve
July 15, 2010, 22:28
I'll bet if your skin is not exposed it can be defeated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10646540

Interesting to see what the results are after real-world-tests in the 'Stan . . .

:biggrin:

Nick H.
July 16, 2010, 07:55
I don't think normal clothing is going to stop this. Those of us with tin foil hats are going to start making full body armor though!:p

martin35
July 16, 2010, 09:29
Similar technology was proposed for crowd control here a few years back.
Any thing done by another that affects my person negatively is assault and will cause me to react accordingly.

Deltaten
July 17, 2010, 06:28
Howzabout a full-body Farraday cage laminated with Kevlar?? Might hafta drag a little "tail" fer a ground strap, tho ! ;)

Bama Steve
July 17, 2010, 09:15
A scene from "Young Frakenstein' comes to mind with that metal image . . .

English Mike
July 17, 2010, 20:39
How about just shooting the shit out of the transmitter?

Assault me & I'll fight back with any means available.

HughJass
July 18, 2010, 14:28
We here in AZ would laugh at that thing. It's a dry heat, yanno.

Brett
July 18, 2010, 19:25
I wonder if it's "less than lethal" like the taser. Probably causes melanoma. I also wonder what it's based on. Are people being microwaved or infrared, and what does it do to the eyes? Nothing that hurts is harmless. Pain is a warning.

kayakpirate
July 18, 2010, 20:00
Or just maybe...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8oVUwG0qC9c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8oVUwG0qC9c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

cpd109
July 19, 2010, 06:17
Originally posted by English Mike
How about just shooting the shit out of the transmitter?

Assault me & I'll fight back with any means available.

+1. In the photo, the actual transmistter is the little box like structure in front of the antenna.
I have read that an airman had gotten severely burned by it, so I guess they have a rehostat (I can't spell for $hoit, but you know that now) to crank it up "for more range" as needed.
A shield of cardboard and aluminum foil might do the trick. Howver, since microwaves are transmitted, I would have a back up plan if it started arcing and sparking (like if you put metal in a microwave.)
It's purpose is people control. In the book "Foreign Enemies and Tratiors", they discuss it. This is the best book of the series IMO.

Cybercop
July 20, 2010, 17:49
Hmmmm, Guess it's time to head down to the local second hand store and stock up on old microwave ovens. I figure that ten or twelve of those old magnatrons facing the same direction should do the trick. They never would expect that! Whose bringing the hotdogs.

Jim :devil:

Bama Steve
July 20, 2010, 18:10
Trailered generator come to mind as a power source . . .

Deltaten
July 20, 2010, 22:02
Hmmm?? Got THAT covered!
LOL

Brett
July 20, 2010, 23:48
You could start a mobile tanning business.

Bama Steve
July 21, 2010, 00:17
Originally posted by Brett
You could start a mobile tanning business.

That'd be the "cover story" for gettin' your' stuff into position.

Good thought, BTW . . .