PDA

View Full Version : Glock 1000-round torture test - keeps firing after losing guide rod

W.E.G.
July 10, 2010, 13:28
at about 4:01 in the second vid

******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyZxQfIBXDc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyZxQfIBXDc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blood of Tyrants
July 10, 2010, 18:22
That's not a torture test. The Nashville PD put one Glock 17 through a 240,000 round torture test. They only time they stopped was to reload the mags and when the gun got too hot to handle.

W.E.G.
July 10, 2010, 19:15
Originally posted by Blood of Tyrants
The Nashville PD put one Glock 17 through a 240,000 round torture test...

Link?

vmtz
July 10, 2010, 22:49
Not even a test.

Vince

Outlaw Patriot
July 11, 2010, 09:32
Meh, thats not a torture test, thats an afternoon at the range if ammo were cheaper.

I read on sigforum about a sig 226 that belonged to one of the instructors at sig's academy that the frame finally cracked after having over a million DOCUMENTED rounds through it, seemed pretty legit and believable, although its the internet and I still take it with a grain of salt. They said they had other sigs with the same round count there were still ticking. These were all the the old stamped steel slide W german sigs.

Survey Punk
July 11, 2010, 09:47
A 99 year old Government Model will do just as well. Only difference is it won't "self destruct". :biggrin:

JB

Stranger
July 11, 2010, 12:52
But, but, but the only way the guide rod would come out would be if the plastic flange on the rod completely sheered away. And Ssarge told us that the only way to damage the flange is to install the rod incorrectly.

I guess Ssarge will have to claim those Glock armorers must have installed the guide rod incorrectly.

Or, it shows just how full of shit Ssarge really is.... :rolleyes:

ftierson
July 11, 2010, 13:49
Google "Chuck Taylor Glock 17 torture test," or something similar and you'll see an early Glock 17 with over 200,000 rounds through it over about 20 years...

When it absolutely has to keep on ticking and whatall... :)

Forrest

kayakpirate
July 11, 2010, 14:38
A buddy of mine is on the Tallahassee P.D.
They carry Glocks as their duty weapon.
He told me that they switch out their
guide rod set up every few thousand rounds
or so.
The captured recoil spring/guide rod
combo seems to break often enough for it to
be an issue.

Fn/form
July 12, 2010, 15:56
I guess I need to stop carrying those 50 loaded magazines wherever I go...

fry
July 16, 2010, 16:13
for the haters http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

kayakpirate
July 16, 2010, 16:45
That guy watched way too many Roadrunner cartoons.
Still it serves as testament to how tough Glocks are.
The plane drop must have taken some doing.